Miley Cyrus – We Can’t Stop
Summer jam right here y’all!
Summer jam right here y’all!
- Nicki Minaj’s hairstylist quits. [Source]
- It was Marc Jacobs’s psychiatrist that advised him to turn down the Dior gig. [Source]
- A song about Harry Styles is on its way y’all! [Source]
- Ke$ha was paid just $1.63 to write a song for Miley Cyrus. Yes, that’s $1.63… 63 cents. [Source]
- Jurassic Park 4 will be released June 13, 2014. [Source]
- Disney’s The Hunchback of Notre Dame may hit Broadway. [Source]
- Pirates of the Caribbean, really? [Source]
- Tina Fey on Twitter.
- Britney has not only split with fiance Jason Trawick, but has also given back his $90K engagement ring. [Source]
- Facebook is considering adding a fee to send messages to people that you are not connected with for a whopping $100. [Source]
- Crystal Harris signed a pretty serious Prenup before marrying Hugh Hefner. UM HOBviously. [Source]
- Do we like this new portrait of Kate Middleton revealed yesterday? Apparently, no one does. [Source]
- Jennifer Lawrence and actor Nicholas Hoult split. [Source]
- Evan Rachel Wood and Jamie Bell are expecting their first child. [Source] Luckily that Marilyn Manson thing was just a phase…
- Reddit Co-Founder and Digital Activist Aaron Swartz has committed suicide. [Source]
- Olivia Wilde and Jason Sudeikis are engaged! [Source]
- This isn’t over yet?!
- Who are these Pre-VMA show hosts? So uncomfortably awkward. Please just bring back Suchin Pak and Tim Kash.
- Foster the People and Young the Giant, please gtfo MTV before the network eats you alive and makes you mainstream. Oh wait…
- Oh Gabe Saporta…I’ve still got a crush on you.
- Lady Gaga in the opening of the VMA’s. The look on Britney Spears, Adele and Justin Bieber’s face…priceless. Were her antics a little too much tonight?
- Congratulations Beyonce and Jay-Z who are expecting! One blog already think this might be a publicity stunt.
- I love Jay-Z.
- Miley, I don’t like your dress.
- Katy Perry – Too soon for that Kanye-Swift joke?
- Chachi Gonzales, I see you dancing in the Britney Spears tribute! How adorable were those little girls dancing in it?
- I loved Beyonce’s performance!
Favorite performances of the night:
- Perez Hilton calls Chris Brown out for his completely lip-synched performance. Whatever – everyone was thinking it! [Source]
- Jay-Z also did not clap for Chris Brown probably because he’s the one that discovered Rihanna. Way to go Jay – bit also, did anyone even understand that performance?
- For some reason, I wasn’t really feeling Jessie J tonight as the house band.
- Katie Holmes presenting video of the year…that’s random.
- The VMA’s didn’t have a host this year, but I think we saw way too much of Lady Gaga or her male counterpart. It almost got to the point of being too obnoxious for me and I think the organization of her presenting the award to Britney Spears was a little weird because her tribute was cut short when they both had to introduce Beyonce. There could have been a commercial break in there because Gaga awkwardly stole Britney’s thunder.
- Disney star, Brenda Song and Miley’s half-brother and former frontman of Metro Station, Trace Cyrus are …expecting. … Yikes. [Source]
- We learned that Miley’s “sex appeal will sell,” strategy was actually a flop. [Source]
- Lindsay Lohan debuted her newly injected and plumped face this weekend at Kim Kardashian’s wedding. She’s starting to transition smoothly into Cat Lady Jocelyn Wildenstein, right? Apparently, the 25-year old was trying to look 20, but instead aged to 50. Wait- why would anyone want to look 20?! [Source]
- Paris Hilton’s reality show was canceled. No surprise there. Remember when she walked out of her interview w/ Good Morning America because she was being grilled too hard and she felt like she was being attacked?
- The 11-year old departing actor who plays the son of Betty Draper on Mad Men had a few words of advice for the incoming actor taking over his role: “Be careful around January [Jones] … She’s not as approachable as the others. She’s really serious about what she does. Everyone else is so nice.” Today, actor John Slattery defended his co-star by saying that she was just a sweetheart playing an intimidating character. [1 2]
- Taylor Swift has purchased her family a new $2,500,000 house in Nashville, TN. [Source]
- I loved Demi’s last album, but the song titles seem kind of iffy… [Source]
***Oh geez, blogging these days has made me a bit bruta – ! Sorry!
Selena Gomez in Christian Cota
Most of the time, my favorite red-carpet (in this case – orange carpet) outfits are ones that involve dresses, but Selena Gomez stole the show last night in her Christian Cota outfit and strappy blue sandals. This is a perfect outfit for spring and the shoes definitely give it a little extra pop.
- Gwen Stefani will be donating her custom-made John Galliano wedding gown to the Victoria and Albert Design Museum in London. [Source]
- Emmanuel Alt has debuted her first cover for Paris Vogue featuring Gisele Bundchen. [Source]
- Lady Gaga has designed a bracelet to support the relief efforts in Japan. [Source]
- David and Victoria Beckham are expecting a little girl! Finally! [Source]
- Olivia Wilde has filed for divorce from her husband Tao Ruspoli. The couple separated last month. [Source]
- The cast of Breaking Dawn have evacuated from their production set in Vancouver due to the tsunami warning. [Source]
- Lauryn Hill announces spring tour. [Source]
- Canadian actors Jay Baruchel and Allison Pill are now engaged. [Source]
- Ashlee Simpson was seen rebounding with soon-to-be ex-husband Pete Wentz’s friend. Sucha fail. [Source]
- Friends will be joining Nick at Nite’s lineup. [Source]
- Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel have broken up. I thought this would never happen. Justin and Mila please! [Source]
- Isla Fischer and Sascha Baron Cohen have finally revealed the name of their second daughter born last August: Elula Lottie Miriam Cohen. [Source]
- Greek actress Spencer Grammer is pregnant. Also, can we note that her father Kelsey Grammer’s new wife is just two years older than his daughter? Gross. [Source]
- A Mexican man has tattooed 82 images of Julia Roberts’ face onto his body. [Source]
- Bath & Body Works have created a new line of lotions, shower gels, and and other products dedicated to the Twilight franchise. I swear, I have a lotion that looks exactly like the one above, but I promise it’s not called Twilight Woods. Dumb. [1 2]
- Inspired by Charlie Sheen…the Tiger Blood energy drink. [Source]
- Ashley Olson and Justin Bartha have split. [Source]
- American Apparel CEO Dov Charney has been slapped with a $260 million lawsuit. [Source]
- Lilith Fair ends its run. [Source]
- 14-year old actress Chloe Moretz has admitted that she will probably have plastic surgery done someday by her plastic surgeon father. [Source]
- Billy Ray Cyrus will appear on The View on March 18th against daughter Miley’s wishes. [Source]
John Mayer is reportedly inflicting his douchebaggery on none other than Miley Cyrus! Yes, we get it now, you’re an adult!
Even though she spent a day flirting with Joshua Bowman at Griffith Park, she was said to be following John around at the Grammy Awards, like a lost little puppy! Ugh.
A snitch on the scene said, “At one point backstage, Miley was rubbing John’s back and, when he thought no one was looking, he leaned over and kissed her!”
Eww.. Come on, Miley! What are you thinking?!??
Not ashamed to say that this will be a teary farewell to the series for me.
I won’t post the video because I don’t want to shatter any young girls’ dreams of seeing their favorite Disney star doing salvia out of a bong, but if you want to find it, you will. It’s all anyone has been talking about today.
Update: 2:43 PM
The “Achy Breaky Heart” singer tweeted, “Sorry guys. I had no idea. Just saw this stuff for the first time myself. Im so sad. There is much beyond my control right now.”
*** Another Disney star bites the dust. Selena Gomez for the win!!!