The first time I saw the trailer for Big Hero 6 was a couple months ago. I don’t remember much from it except for one scene in which the big marshmallow of a blob is taping up his holes which are making a whistling sound at a police station. Truth: It’s still funny watching that scene months later.
I can’t remember the last time I loved a Disney movie this much. It’s right up there with my Aladdin, Mulan, Lion King, and Monster’s Inc. I think, but if I were a kid watching this movie, I would beg my parents to take me to see this movie over and over again. In fact, I think we’re already looking forward to seeing this movie again – but this time in 3D!
I’ve got a list of reasons for why I love this movie and am rating it a 10/10. I’ll do my best to not spoil anything for anyone!
- The movie takes place in a made-up city called San Fransokyo which is a hybrid of San Francisco and Tokyo and it looked awesome. I wanted to live there.
- Diversity! The characters in the film come from varying backgrounds and the main character Hiro Hamada is actually half-Asian.
- Prior to watching the movie last night, I knew nothing about the plot. As soon as I learned that this was revolving around tech, I felt a little bit more at home!
- Though a Disney film, the story actually comes from a Marvel background.
- I laughed so hard that I ended up gripping the arm of the person that I brought along with me. And when I cried, I was a wreck. The best part about this film was witnessing the relationship between Hiro Hamada and his brother Tadashi because there’s something about sibling relationships that really tug at my heart stringsa bit and I think it’s one that most people can relate to if they’ve got a relationship like those two.
I’ve included the trailer below, but it really doesn’t do the film any justice at all. You might even be better off not watching the trailer at all and just going straight to the theater to watch the film.