When you need a laugh or when you start to question whether or not your life is crumbling, just remember that MTV is looking for these people to make television shows about. I don’t even know what some of these things even mean.
– I can’t even with these sushi beach towels [Colossal]
– The pain of being in love with someone you can never be with [Elite Daily]
– 15 rules for an unconventional wedding [The Coveteur]
– Things to avoid when eating out [The Guardian]
– The Real World is casting in SF next month, do you have what it takes? [7×7]
– Silicon Valley Dictionary – like Urban Dictionary, but a place where people only in tech can truly relate [Silicon Valley Dictionary]
– The most popular foods across the world calculated by Instagram [Photoworld]
– The best amenity kits in first class by airline [Afar]
– How to recover from an all-nighter
– Calculate how much time you’ve spent watching your favorite television shows [tiii.me]
– Los Angeles Photographer Emily Knecht captured herself in crying selfies for the last three years. [i-D]
– The best and worst airlines, airports, and flights – a summer 2015 report [FiveThirtyEight]
– The one haircut that all women love on men [Esquire]
– How good is your eyesight? I scored 20 and this was so much harder than I thought! [iGame]
– This device blows a bubble to notify you of your upcoming meetings. [Swiss-Miss]
– Shaving dogs into cubes is becoming a new trend in Japan [MTV]
– When to close your eyes [Instagram]
– Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen’s hack for taking the best photographs [Buzzfeed]
– The modern way to fall in love with anyone [New York Times]
– Founder of Ship Your Enemies Glitter is already regretting his viral business [Mashable]
– Why an unlimited vacation policy doesn’t work [Quartz]
– A hidden bar being a Coca Cola vending machine: Flask [Cool Material]
– Just a cheeky read that I can’t believe I enjoyed [Medium]
– MTV airs all of their programming today in black and white to honor Martin Luther King Jr. [MTV]
Ariana Grande in Moschino top and skirt. This is kind of a hard look for Ariana who is known for her sweet strapless dresses, but this IS her night after all – opening the VMA’s, debuting the music video for “Bang Bang” and releasing her latest album “My Everything” tonight!
I really don’t need to be adding any more shows to watch in addition to all the TV shows that I watch each night, but this one looked good! It’s surprising, right? Because it’s MTV. Actually the real reason I’m watching this series is because the main character “Carter” is played by Kathryn Prescott who was probably one of my favorite characters in Skins. I have no doubts that she will do an amazing job in this series as well.
Oh boy, I’ve been a huge fan of Mike Song since I first watched him with Kaba Modern on America’s Best Dance Crew. I’m not sure if that entire team is still doing something together, but I like the fact that most of them are still dancing and doing their own side projects. This choreography and remix are amazing.
So I’m a little bit embarrassed that this is today’s Song of the Day, but I watched her perform last night on Miley’s MTV Unplugged Special and really found myself enjoying it. Cute, no?
Congrats to my favorite ex-San Diego Real Worlder and one of my favorite (underrated) characters on One Tree Hill. They aren’t so much of a hi-pri couple, but we like them both all the same. The couple became engaged over the holidays and began dating in the spring of 2012.
Jamie basically wins all around for being the most successful Real World cast member.
Every season, I generally get pretty excited about The Real World. I’m not sure why because the same scenarios happen every single time, but I had heard a rumor that the castmates were actually living in San Francisco this season. Naturally, I wanted a sighting – don’t worry – it hasn’t happened yet or anything. Then I learned that on this season, the tables would be turned. The season would start out with seven singles living in a house in San Francisco, but after a mini-trip, they return to find that every one of their exes has moved into the house.
MTV, now you’re just REALLY creating the drama yourself. Not only is it weird, but it’s crowded. I have to remember 14 more stories about each person and lord knows I don’t have time for that. I’m no longer excited about the season because I know it’s going to be a hot mess, but I don’t have enough self-control to not watch at all.
Life is hard, you guys.
Our favorite Laguna Beach and The Hills star Lauren Conrad announced her engagement this weekend to her boyfriend William Tell. The two started dating last year. You basically just know that she’s going to have the most perfect wedding ever! Congrats Lauren! In other Laguna Beach news, her ex-boyfriend Jason Wahler got married this weekend to model Ashley Slack this past Saturday.
Readers, were you like us and watched music videos incessantly in the 90s? I remember waking up early and rushing home after school to catch VH1 and MTV. There’s something to be said for the ability to tell a story in 3-4 minutes while tailoring imagery to song.
Amos Lee nails it in Flowers directed by Mike Healey and Kelly Goeller. The concept of the video is stop motion using only white paper. With two weeks of creating the world and two weeks of filming, this video reminds me how much artistry is involved in making music videos and reinforces my love for them.