Earlier this week on Jimmy Fallon…
Earlier this week on Jimmy Fallon…
I wasn’t able to watch the season premiere of The Voice last night because I was too busy wasting my time on The Bachelor. When will I ever learn? It’s tough to choose between the two, but I discuss episodes of The Bachelor with my coworkers sometimes so I have to keep up with it. If it weren’t on though as the same time as The Voice, it would be another story.
I watch The Voice every season. It’s my favorite reality singing competition and I love that people that I used to listen to or smaller known singers are coming out and auditioning for it. Last night, Christina Grimmie appeared on the show and got all 4 chairs to turn around. No surprise there. We’ve been huge fans of Christina’s since 2010 when I first heard her rendition of Lady Gaga’s “Telephone.” She’s 19 now, but it is clear that her hard work has really paid off. As long as I’ve known her, she’s been a YouTube star and now I’m so excited for her to absolutely kill it on The Voice. After touring with Selena Gomez and performing on numerous shows and at a serious number of events, Christina will finally get to be recognized as an artist on her own.
Basically The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon is the same thing as Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, but just with a different title. We love it all the same.
Happy Thursday, yo.
Ugh say it isn’t so!
Am I the only one who thought The Voice was so much better this season without her and Cee Lo. Shakira and Usher have done such a great job as coaches and with them alongside Adam Levine and Blake Shelton, the show has had more of a focus on talent and not just there being a spectacle all the time with Cee Lo’s cat and Christina’s inappropriate outfits. Seriously, who is doing her wardrobe? I’m disappointed in this decision, but what can you do?
They all just look so much happier in the photo above…
NBC has confirmed that ‘Friends’ will return for a complete comeback season on the network. The series will be revived in 2014, but there is no word yet on whether or not the full cast will be coming back. Wait a second – can they really have a ‘Friends’ with a brand new cast? I think not… looks like we’ll have to see!
Today, Jay Leno confirmed the rumors that have been swirling for some time now – that he would be leaving the Tonight Show and that Jimmy Fallon would be coming in to fill those shoes. Spring 2014 is set for Leon’s departure after a 22-year run as host. Additionally, the Tonight Show will move back home to 30 Rock in New York leaving its Los Angeles home behind. Congratulations Jimmy! This is an incredible step for him in his career.
So…what will happen with ‘Late Night?’
- Zooey Deschanel does not look like Zooey Deschanel on the cover of Glamour. [Source]
- Fake braces are all the rage right now in Asia. [Source]
- Girls will be releasing a soundtrack in January! Excited. Hope this is on Spotify because their music selection is. on. point. [Source]
- Our girl Britney will be working on a new album. [Source]
- a scripted hour-long drama is in the works for E! and will be a mixture of Gallery Girls and Mean Girls called Gallerina [Source]
- Ann Curry won’t let that NBC drama get her down. Apparently, she’s been contacted for a position at CNN as an anchor. [Source]
- The shows that ended in 2012.
- Andddd the television characters that passed away in 2012. [Source]
- The Twilight Saga was voted the worst movies of all time. Shocker. [Source]
- We prepare to say goodbye to the iconic Easy Street Records on Queen Anne. [Source]
- Hugh Hefner and Crystal Harris finally got married! She didn’t run away this time. [Source]
Did I mention that Kim Kardashian and Kanye West are having a spawn baby together?
- The PS2 is not more. Japan stops production. [Source]
- Are you in a profession that could lead you to being a psychopath?
Author Kevin Dutton tells us in his new book which professions are most likely and least likely to lead to psychopathy. [Source]
Joseph Gordon Levitt for Playboy Magazine [Source]
Condé Nast lets you play model in their new video game, Fashion Hazard, available on both iPhone and the iPad. [Source]
Olympic gymnast Gabby Douglas puts her hair in the hands of celeb stylist Ted Gibson. [Source]
Spin Magazine has cancelled their Nov/Dec issue. [Source]
Record label, Fueled By Ramen, is raising money to support The Academy Is… band member Andrew Bishop Mrotek AKA The Butcher. Andrew was violently mugged at the end of July and has been in and out of the ER undergoing several surgeries. He is also without health care and FBR has said that any support that fans can provide will significantly help towards his bills. [Source]
Remember that brawl between Chris Brown and Drake not too long ago? The nightclub is allegedly suing them for $16 million. [Source]
Lady Gaga x Kendrick Lamar collaboration on the way! [Source]
The Jonas Brothers will come together again for a one-time concert. [Source] I want this.
TLC taps into a new reality “looking for love” show called “Secret Princes.” [Source]
ABC’s Revenge has decided to make a re-cast decision for Emily’s mentor, Satoshi Takeda. [Source]
Teen Mom’s Farrah Abraham released a new music video. Apparently, auto tune is her best friend. [Source] Too awful to actually post the video on my blog
ABC Family has cancelled “Jane By Design.” [Source]
NBC’s ‘Tonight Show’ has laid off 20 employees. [Source]
The city of Bremerton will re-name a street for Olympic gold medalist Nathan Adrian. [Source]
Amazon Local will begin delivering Capitol Hill’s Eltana bagels. [Source]
Lauren Conrad made a huge mistake by releasing a new DIY video on her YouTube account today that showed her slicing up Lemony Snicket’s Series of Unfortunate Events and turning it into a storage project. Fans of the series were not very happy and her video has since been deleted. [Source]
Top Chef Cruise 2013 [Source]
Could a men’s birth control be in the works? [Source]
For the past few months, rumors have been swirling around that Ann Curry would be leaving/be replaced as co-host on the Today show. I had hoped that it would not be true, but unfortunately – the news has been released today that tomorrow morning, Ann Curry will announce her departure.
Now, I don’t know if you know this about me, but I grow very attached to things – especially ones that are a constant in my life. Believe it or not, that would be Ann Curry y’all! I’ve been watching the Today show ever since I was a small child because it was the kind of programming I liked to watch right before I made it off to school. Ann Curry has been a part of the Today show since 1997 first as a news reporter and then as a co-host this past year. It’s been a long run for Curry, but it doesn’t end here as she has drafted up a new multi-year contract with NBC covering news and stepping in as an anchor on the Nightly News every so often.
- Alexa Chung has made her Instagram private after several of her followers left comments for her on this picture saying that she was too thin. She responded, “Ok everyone thanks for the teen angst discussions. People are different sizes. I’m not trying to be thinspo for anyone.” [Source]
- Rag & Bone will launch a handbag line this fall. [Source]
- Nicki Minaj will develop her own fragrance. [Source]
- This photo of two models kissing in Urban Outfitters’ latest catalog has stirred up some controversy with the One Million Moms (OMM) Organization.
“The content is offensive and inappropriate for a teen who is the company’s target customer.” And they’re asking supporters to boycott the retailer: “Tell them you will also no longer shop at their stores if you hear this type of advertising continues.”
Whatever, man. There’s always some organization that brings up this issue every month. [Source]
- Marchesa may be launching a contemporary line very soon. [Source]
- I’ve been waiting for this album, but I don’t have to wait much longer since Metric’s “Synthetica” will be out June 12. [Source]
- After debuting Tupac’s hologram at Coachella this past weekend, Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg are now considering taking it on tour with them. [Source]
- Zooey totally sold me on the iPhone 4s in this commercial. It was the tomato soup.
- NBC will stream the entire 2012 Summer Olympics in London. I get that it’s popular these days, but it’s gonna be on NBC all day every day. [Source]
- MTV’s Teen Wolf will return in June for their second season. [Source]
- The Seattle Center will partner with Coca-Cola and name them the “official beverage” of the space and will celebrate them at their Next Fifty event. [Source]
- Congratulations to The Stranger writer, Eli Sanders, for his Pulitzer on feature writing! So much of my Seattle news comes from this blog so I think credit should be given when deserved. [Source]
- Tru Blood stars Anna Paquin and Stephen Moyer are expecting. [Source]
- Angelina Jolie’s engagement ring from Brad Pitt is reportedly worth $1 million dollars. [Source
- Kanye West apparently broke up with Kim Kardashian via text. [Source]
- Dick Clark has passed away after suffering a heart attack. He was 82 years old. [Source]
- Victoria Beckham’s birthday cake…is not a real cake. It’s fruit. [Source]
Since I missed the premiere of The Fashion Star earlier this week, I decided to spend my St. Patrick’s Day night in watching the rerun. I generally don’t like to adopt new shows in the middle of a season especially since I’ve got a full lineup already, but c’mon, it’s Nicole Richie! I also wasn’t sure if NBC could bring back another fashion series to their network after parting with Project Runway, but The Fashion Star definitely has a fighting chance.
How the show works:
Aspiring fashion designers compete weekly to produce one featured item in three different looks. They are mentored by Jessica Simpson, John Varvatos, and Nicole Richie, but at the end of the day it is up to the three buyers from Macy’s, Saks Fifth Avenue, and H&M to decide what is wearable for consumers. If the buyers decide to make an offer on a designer’s item, they will then make it available for sale that same night after the show airs. It’s actually a pretty cool concept and interesting to hear the insight from the buyers on trying to make an item marketable. When contestants don’t receive an offer, they are at risk of being eliminated and out of the running for the grand prize.
Every season, I love seeing the different runway looks, but I understand that what’s on the runway for the most part is a trend and will be filtered down to become more wearable for retailers. *Remember that scene from The Devil Wears Prada when Miranda schools Andy on her ordinary blue sweater? It’s incredibly refreshing to see a look that is bypassing all of the bells and whistles and being much more straight to the point. I think I’m also becoming a fast fan of the show because it is very business-minded and hello! we’ve got two Seattle contestants!
Lisa Vian Hunter and Lizzie Parker – we’re rooting for you!
It’s so great to see her and Meg performing together again! Want to jump in on the fun? Click here!
If you’re trying to figure out where she’s from, it’s because she was the runner up on the first season of The Voice!
EDIT: 9:21 PM
The live stream has now ended, but you can still watch the set by clicking the link above.