-The Kids Are All Right actress Mia Wasikowska is the new face of Miu Miu and featured in their latest campaign. [Source]
- Paul & Joe’s new beauty campaign is all about cats! [Source]
- Whitney Port will have her first runway show at New York Fashion Week. [Source]
-Viva Model Management has signed Lykke Li. [Source]
- Kristen Stewart is the new face for Balenciaga Fragrance. [Source]
-Lana Del Rey covers Billboard. Have you heard of her yet? Dis girl be blowing up! [Source]
-Tavi gets even more cooler; featured in a Wilco music video. [Source]
-Lil Wayne will publish a memoir about his days in prison. [Source]
- Katy Perry’s parents try to play matchmaker and want to set her up with Tim Tebow. [Source]
- WELP! Coachella sold out in three hours for both weekends. [Source]
- Emma Roberts has pulled out of Spring Breakers due to a conflict in creative differences. The movies stars Vanessa Hudgens, Selena Gomez, and James Franco. [Source]
- Kim Kardashian will host Live With Kelly! on Jan. 23rd. [Source]
- MTV’s Teen Mom 2 star Leah Messer is expecting twins again. [Source] Oh what’s up Kate Gosslin 2.0
- Zooey Deschanel and Channing Tatum will host Saturday Night Live. [Source]
-ABC’s “Work It” about two men cross dressing to find work was cancelled after two episodes. [Source]
- Congratulations to former Coffee Haus performers Champagne Champagne! The hip-hop trio will open for Wu-Tang Clan on their Seattle date. [Source]
- Philadelphia is the most depressing city to live in, and unfortunately, Seattle is in the top 5. [Source]
- Homegrown’s Turkey + Bacon + Avocado Sandwich is their best selling sandwich for 33 months! [Source] This is actually my favorite and I can vouch for it. If you haven’t tried it yet, you must!
- Michelle Obama is officially on Twitter. [Source]
- Nevermind Sinhead ‘O Connor ends marriage again. [Source]
- The dessert for the Golden Globes will have gold flakes dusted on top of it! [Source]
One of my favorite fashion blogs and daily reads has gotten a makeover! Co-founders Katherine Power and Hillary Kerr revealed their brand new layout today packed with fashion news, a weekly feature with Rachel Zoe and a giveaway that lets you enter to win a trip to New York Fashion Week!
Check out the beautiful website here.
Closing out the end of New York Fashion Week tomorrow will be a showing of the new documentary Picture Me. The documentary follows five models including Sara Ziff and Sena Cech as they show us what life is like in the modeling world.
Models don’t tend to be too vocal – unless you are Naomi Campbell. In this article, Sena Cech explains how she was drugged, harmed during shoots, and wasn’t protected by her agency. It wasn’t until six months ago that Sena finally spoke up and started to say “No.”
My idol Rumi Neely of the blog Fashion Toast just shot a new campaign for Forever 21. The shots look amazing! Lately, okay – over the last couple of years, bloggers have spawned into household names. Rumi has shot for a number of campaigns, Jane Aldridge of Sea of Shoes created her own shoe collection in collaboration with Urban Outfitters, and Tavi Gevinson the 14-year old was sitting pretty in the front row of all of New York Fashion Week. It’s not celebrities that are stealing all of the press lately, it’s the bloggers. Personally, I think it’s kind of awesome. Behind a photo shoot for a celebrity is a stylist and people that do hair and makeup. Behind a blogger, there’s no one. They’re a one-person show.
I wonder what it’s like to stroll around in New York City and stumble upon your face plastered up everywhere…
At first I thought Jenny’s transition to a darker more dramatic character on Gossip Girl just stuck with her character. I didn’t think that she would actually become a lot like this person in the outside world. Teen Vogue caught up w/ Taylor Momsen at Fashion Week in New York during the Jen Kao presentation where Not-So-Little-J revealed that she has created a band! The Reckless!
As much as I loved old Jenny, I think I could like this new edgy Taylor!
Source: Teen Vogue
Listening to: Kaskade – Back On You