Wow, what a fun lineup! The Flavr Blue!!
Wow, what a fun lineup! The Flavr Blue!!
– 50 Incredible hotels to stay at in your lifetime [Business Insider]
– “Why I gave up a 95K job to move to an island” [Cosmopolitan]
– Getty Images is giving out 30K grants to Instagrammers [High Snobiety]
– Justin Rosenstein (co-founder of Asana) shares his tips for increasing productivity [Quora]
– Whoa, Bestie Row? [Lighter Side of Real Estate]
– Because everyone here is obsessed with Blue Bottle’s New Orleans Iced Coffee – here’s how you can prepare your own at home! [BlueBottle] – I pretty much do the short version of this every morning at work ;)
– Our favorite Craigslist Ad of the week.
– How Slack is changing workplace culture [Slate]
– Secret shutters [Circa]
– Emily Schuman talks about how she created her successful blog [Inc.]
– Seattle start-up Tune provides for women studing computer science at UW [Geekwire]
– Kanye changes the name of his new album to “Swish” [The Fader]
– How to execute on choreographing an unforgettable music video by the choreographer who did Tinashe’s “All Hands on Deck” [The Fader]
– An acoustic performance by Lauryn Hill of “Doo Wop (That Thing)” [Pitchfork]
Congratulations One Reel! I always seem to get the most excited about Bumbershoot over any other festival lineup and I think it’s just cause I’ve had such strong ties with it and growing up having attended so many years. This is a very exciting lineup though and every year there is such a good mix of mainstream acts along with local acts that are going to have incredible exposure during this weekend. Unfortunately, I won’t be attending for the second year in a row, but if I did, I would not miss Saturday or Monday.
I still remember the early days of Yow Yow! and when I was a college student writing posts about Quadstock. Quadstock isn’t one of those things that defines me, but honestly, I wouldnt have minded if it was one of those things. I worked on this festival behind-the-scenes for two years and on my third year, I was running it along with my co-chair. It has been three years since I last did it and even though I’m very far removed from the Seattle University community and this organization, I still feel really proud of how far it has come and I get just as excited about the reveal of the lineup as I do for any other music festival. Beat Connection as a headliner is just downright amazing. They are well-respected within the Seattle music community and they’re going to do a great job of closing out the night. Also when I found out that SEAC was still doing the unveiling party, my heart skipped a beat because I’m so proud and thrilled that something I started is still continuing five years later!
Because we absolutely needed to talk about the revival of “Full House!” Earlier this week, the news broke out that Netflix would be bringing Full House back to life and the plot line got us even more excited.
According to E! the new series will follow older sister, D.J. Tanner-Fuller (wow, that pun!), played by Candace Cameron-Bure, who is “a pregnant veterinarian – recently widowed – and living in San Francisco.” Jodie Sweetin, who played middle sister Stephanie Tanner, and Andrea Barber, D.J.’s BFF-neighbor Kimmy Gibbler will also star in the series. It’s also heard that John Stamos will co-star and produce.
Now, of course we would love it if Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen would reprise their role as Michelle Tanner, but it looks like Lori Loughlin isn’t holding her breath and threw a little shade saying she doubts that they even care about the revival. However, after a post I saw yesterday from Ohnotheydidnt, it looks like it’s not completely off the table for the twins.
Mary-Kate said, “We just found out about it today. I guess we’re going to talk to the creators and see what’s happening.”
Meanwhile Ashley said she was surprised that her old co-stars hadn’t mentioned anything to her. “I ran into Bob [Saget] the other day and we didn’t even talk about it. I’m shocked I haven’t heard from John [Stamos].”
As to whether they’ll participate, Ashley said, “I’m going to call [Saget] and get his perspective.”
Omg. It’s really happening! Now #whereiscomet
Also, was D.J.’s husband Steve?! Did Steve die? I have so many questions.
Big Sean and Ariana Grande – 8 months of dating
Miley Cyrus and Patrick Schwarzenegger – 5 months of dating
Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield – over 3 years of dating. This one was just confirmed and makes me the saddest.
And in whatever news, Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin are finally getting a divroce. Breakups all around and it’s only TUESDAY!
– Throwback! Facebook is bringing back the “away message.” [Nylon]
– What Spotify users prefer to fall asleep to. Any guesses? [Billboard]
– Anthony Bourdain’s 3 best tips for eating out when traveling abroad [Entrepreneur]
– 20 mistakes inexperienced managers make from an Amazon exec via Quora [Business Insider]
– An illustrative guide to the most annoying trends on Instagram [Distractify]
– Summertime in a cup! Starbucks is introducing your campfire favorite (S’mores!) as a frapp. It will hit stores April 28th and you better believe we’ll be the first to try it! [Refinery29]
– The best food to order at every single major league baseball park [Esquire]
– Late night munchies? SF has got you covered. [Refinery29]
– 5 career mistakes that are OK to make in your 20’s [WhoWhatWear]
– Overdue, but we said goodbye to The Bold Italic :( [The Bold Italic]
– The summer music festival economy explained. [Vox]
– Ellen Pao announces that Reddit will no long allow for negotiation in salaries during the hiring process. [Salon]
– After 3 years of dating, Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield have decided to go on a break. [People]
– Karlie Kloss encourages young girls to code! Yeah! [Fashionista]
– Surprised babies are more curious and eager to learn. [GOOD]
Hands down – this had to be one of the sweetest things I’ve read all week. Growing up, The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants was one of my favorite series. I couldn’t always exactly relate to all of the situations that happened in the books or even felt like I resonated with one character, but there were a series of moments that I maybe identified with spread out between the four characters. After the series was turned into a movie and then a sequel, I was ecstatic. The actresses selected were such a good fit, but sometimes that’s all it is – just acting, right? It’s sometimes rare for people that are cast in a movie to stay friends afterwards, but not these 4.
It was revealed this week that Blake Lively made Amber Tamblyn, Alexis Bledel, and America Ferrera the godmothers of her newborn baby. Awwww!
Edit: 4/12 oh this is disappointing that it isn’t true after all… [E!]
As a 90’s child, I couldn’t get enough of Full House. It was my favorite show and I was convinced that Michelle Tanner and I were pretty much the same person… but you know as two different races and two completely different families. When I saw Alamo Square for the first time and the Painted Ladies (highlighted in the opening credits) I could have died out of excitement. So when it was announced earlier this week that Netflix might be signing on for a reboot of my favorite series, I nearly thought it was an April Fool’s prank. Luckily it wasn’t.
Here’s what we know so far:
– Netflix will be taking on 13 episodes continuing the series.
– It will be titled “Fuller House” instead of “Full House.”
– Candace Cameron Bure will reprise her role as DJ and Andrea Barber will return as Kimmy Gibbler! (The Gibbler!!)
More importantly, are they still in San Francisco? Alamo Square? Where are Danny, Jesse, and Joey now? Are they all still living together? I have so many questions.
Stanford University recently announced a revision to their current financial aid plan. Beginning with the class of 2019, any student whose parents are making under $125,000 a year will now receive a full ride to the university. That is…Amazing. When I read this news, I remember feeling overwhelmed and happy knowing that so many talented students will have this opportunity to attend such a great university without this huge burden on their shoulders.
I still remember when I was applying to schools and even hesitating to apply some universities because I didnt want to be trapped under a lifetime of debt regardless of whether or not I could get in. I didn’t even want to try. Seeing the price of tuition just made me want to give up. This new change for Stanford students is going to make an incredible difference and I hope other universities across the country will join in and start making revisions to their own financial aid programs as well to accomodate the increasing costs of tuition just about everywhere.
Also just for reference, one year at Stanford for an undergraduate costs $65,000. If you times that by 4, you get $260,000 for an entire undergraduate career.
I looked at this and all I could get excited about what Jamie xx! AMAZING!
Also, I think I had the opportunity to see TV On The Radio and The Kills at CHBP a couple years ago, but great to hear that they’ll be back again.
– 8 Graphs That Capture the Truths of Breaking Up [The Bold Italic]
– How addicted to the internet are you? [PsychCentral] I received a healthy score of 14! What did you all get?
– The Secrets of Highly Efficient Napping [i09]
– How my old neighborhood of Capitol Hill is evolving and unfortunately, not in a good way [Seattle Times]
– The science of why Legos are so painful to step on [Quartz]