Oh Land – White Nights
It seemed only fitting!
It seemed only fitting!
I caved in. I watched Teen Wolf last night on MTV and while I was watching, they just happened to feature one of my new favorite bands, Oh Land. While we’re on the honesty trail though, I guess I should admit that I’ve actually been watching Teen Wolf for a few weeks now…yeah. Anyways, Oh Land’s Nanna Øland Fabricius has a voice that grabs ahold of your attention and lures you in until you’ve gone through the whole album. We’ve all listened to CD’s in the past that we have decided in the end are made up of similar songs, but Oh Land’s self-titled album is nowhere near that. The first song that I listened to off the album initially after getting it was “Lean” and that song is entirely opposite of my favorite “White Nights,” and electronic tune “Voodoo.” Fabricius has the ability to produce songs that are eerie, sassy, and whimsical. That doesn’t mean that she is inconsistent, it simply means that the girl has range. I made Oh Land’s “Son of a Gun” the Song of the Day back in late Dec of 2010 and nearly seven months later, Fabricius is still dominating. She’s not going anywhere anytime soon so you might as well jump on the bandwagon now.
Oh yeah the whole album is great.
This past school year, I have had the wonderful privilege of working with some incredible musicians and bands at Seattle University. Within just one school year, they are already making headlines, putting out new albums, headlining tours, and have found themselves on the lineups of music festivals.
I feel so lucky to have had the opportunity to work with these eight very talented musicians and bands:
If there are any musicians and bands that you should be following from Seattle, it is them.
- My dearest friend Liz has relocated to the state of Colorado, but has been keeping busy with a string of shows. Please go out and support her because she is a wonderful and talented little lady. [Source]
- Kay Kay and His Weathered Underground will be releasing their album “Introducing” on July 26, 2011 from Suburban Home Records. The band will host CD release shows in both Portland and Seattle, June 11th and 12th respectively. [Source]
- Almost immediately after my show with He Is We ended, the band hit the road to head East to begin their tour with The Rocket Summer. The band will be headlining their first tour beginning mid-June. Did I also mention that they will be performing at Bonnaroo 6/9 – 6/10? [Source]
- Two of my performers Robbie Christmas and Matt Bekker will actually be performing a show together tomorrow at the Crocodile Cafe! The show is 21+. My friend Matt Bekker also recently became a part of the Rocket Music Entertainment Group family, which is home to Elton John, James Blunt, Lily Allen, and Oh Land.
- Champagne Champagne will be releasing a new album this summer and will be performing at the 2011 Capitol Hill Block Party, Bumbershoot Music Festival, and Doe Bay Fest!
- I am so excited to be working with Campfire OK for my last show of the year. This year, the band was voted by City Arts Magazine as one of the best new bands of 2011 and this summer, you will be able to catch the rustic-sounding band at both Capitol Hill Block Party, Bumbershoot and Doe Bay Fest! I would say that this band is going to be in a completely different place in the next year, but I know that things for them are moving fast and that the change will most likely occur within the next few months. Their CD “Strange Like We Are“ is definitely one of my favorites from the year. Expect to see them on the bill for various music festivals next year because that’s probably where they will be.
How did Carrie Bradshaw afford her lifestyle as a columnist on Sex in the City? One blogger managed to calculate all of her expenses to find how much debt she would have. [Source]
TopShop will open its second location in the states in Chicago! [Source]
Lupe Fiasco and Trey Songz will perform at this year’s MTV’s 2011 Movie Awards. [Source]
For her sweet sixteen, Big Boi gave his daughter Jordan a record label called Purple Kidz. [Source]
Oh Land will be kicking off her summer tour w/ Sia beginning in July. [Source]
Ben Gibbard opens up about his dark past and battling alcoholism in the June issue of SPIN Magazine. [Source]
America’s Next Top Model has announced the contestants for their All-Star Season. [Source] Round 2.
Taylor Momsen and Jessica Szohr will leave Gossip Girl at the end of the season as series regulars. [Source]
Zooey Deschanel will star in a new FOX Pilot called “The New Girl.” [Source]
NBC passes on Wonder Woman pilot. [Source]
Ashton Kutcher will join “2 and a Half Men.” [Source]
Dakota Fanning and Elizabeth Olsen will star in a new film called “Very Good Girls.” [Source]
Designer Monique Lhuillier will be visiting Nordstrom’s Flagship store downtown on 5/19. Bridesmaid dress viewing will be from 6-7PM [Source]
Levi Johnston looks extremely good looking on the cover of his new book due out September 27: Deer in the Headlights: My Life in Sarah Palin’s Crosshairs [Source]
Leonardo DiCaprio has called it quits with longtime girlfriend Bar Rafaeli. [Source]
Hayden Panetierre and her giant boyfriend Wladimir Klitschko have split. [Source]
Autumn Reeser has given birth to a beautiful baby boy named Finn. [Source] Named after Glee?
Bristol Palin admits that the plastic surgery on her face was for medical reasons. [Source]
Actor Mike Myers is about to become a dad for the first time at age 47. [Source]
Lady Gaga is no longer in a relationship w/ Lüc Carl. [Source]
Facebook has found themselves to be in a potential scandal w/ Google. [Source]
François-Henri Pinault with Salma Hayek both in Alexander McQueen
There was an unbelievable amount of love for Alexander McQueen and Stella McCartney at this year’s 2011 Met Ball. I think out of all the Met Ball’s I have seen, this one has provided the most looks that I have fallen in love with. Well done everyone.
This year’s theme was in tribute to the late designer Alexander McQueen as the museum debuted a new exhibition in his name. Since there were so many attendees this year, I decided to post only my favorite looks (and a few others) – don’t worry, it’s still pretty image heavy!
Where was Camilla Belle this year?
I’ve had this song on repeat for the past couple of days.