Jennifer Lawrence in Dior Haute Couture
Everyone kind of knew she’d be wearing Dior since she’s the new face and all, but no one expected her to look this flawless. The cinched belt at the waistline completes this look.
Could there be anything more perfect than Orlando Bloom, Miranda Kerr, and their son Flynn? I don’t think so. Australian model Miranda Kerr is kind of a household name (at least to me anyways,) and Orlando Bloom is an actor with a side hobby. Did some of you know that he enjoys shooting photography – specifically using Miranda as his choice of subject? I’ve seen quite a few shots from him, even some that were used in advertisements, but I don’t think I have shared these series with you until now. Here are some of my favorite latest photographs featured in New York Time Style Magazine.
I never drank caffeine or tea until I came to college because I was definitely someone that preferred Jamba Juice smoothies or Starbucks frappuccinos in high school. Yes, Seattle University turned me into one classy college student. Of course, if I wanted to pull all-nighters, blended fruit juices and sugar just weren’t going to cut it. Since being here at school, I have moved on from vanilla chai frapps and graduated onto white mochas – thanks Bree for introducing them to me.
In addition to the caffeine, I was able to let my wall down with tea. Both my parents are huge fans of it so after some convincing, I finally gave in. When Colangelo PR reached out to me recently to ask me if I was interested in trying Kusmi Tea, I was -of course- excited! They sent me this Essentials packet above featuring 12 of their best selling flavors (two of each – ie) 24 tea bags) which then prompted me to call Veronica over so that we could have a night of tea sampling.
Kusmi tea is a brand known for its traditional Russian style teas for the last 140 years and apparently is a favorite for Hollywood IT couple Miranda Kerr and Orlando Bloom. Here he is below with Kusmi bag in hand after leaving their shop.
Since I’m a huge fan of fruity flavors, I decided to try out the Prince Vladimir [citrus fruits, vanilla and spices.] What I loved about this flavor the most is that it was incredibly fragrant. The smell of it lingered the rest of the night and all I could think to myself was that I wish I had it in scent form. After finishing the tea, I felt at ease and calm. Some teas have been known to make me a little bit jittery, but this wasn’t the case at all with Kusmi. After splitting the flavors in half with my parents, I still have nine more left to try out on my own and I can’t wait to see what the rest of the flavors will bring to the table.
This past weekend, my dear friend Katie gave me the chance to try a classy new tea with her! Known as Kusmi Tea based in Paris and New York, we had a variety of flavors to choose from. While Katie tried “Prince Vladimir” I gave “Sweet Love” a shot. Meant to be a black tea with a kick, I was interested in the guarana that makes up the tea’s composition. To no surprise, I loved the subtlety of licorice and pink peppercorn that fit well with the hot beverage, giving it a kick. If anyone is looking for a new tea, I recommend looking for some Sweet Love.
To learn more about Kusmi Tea and to make a purchase, click here.
Charlize Theron in Dior completely gets Yow Yow’s stamp of approval for being the best dressed on the red carpet last night. There was a whole lot of cream and ivory, but gosh the simplicity and elegance of this gown made me melt. The headband was also what sealed the deal for me.
I may not be a regular at Victoria’s Secret, but I am a huge fan of the annual fashion show that airs on CBS every winter. I’ve always had an interest in runway shows, but what sets this one apart from all the others is that the models actually LOOK like they are having fun. Seriously, don’t you agree? They’re smiling, they’re dancing…there’s 300 pounds of glitter on the runway. Just picture that for a second. You would die if 300 pounds of glitter were on top of you. And that’s scary, but that’s what makes the show so successful. Well, that and all the models and the lingerie you know…
And now a tribute to my favorite Angels!
François-Henri Pinault with Salma Hayek both in Alexander McQueen
There was an unbelievable amount of love for Alexander McQueen and Stella McCartney at this year’s 2011 Met Ball. I think out of all the Met Ball’s I have seen, this one has provided the most looks that I have fallen in love with. Well done everyone.
This year’s theme was in tribute to the late designer Alexander McQueen as the museum debuted a new exhibition in his name. Since there were so many attendees this year, I decided to post only my favorite looks (and a few others) – don’t worry, it’s still pretty image heavy!
Where was Camilla Belle this year?
- Lupe Fiasco’s new album cover for Lasers [Source]
- Usher, B.o.B, Bruno Mars, Janelle Monáe, Justin Bieber, and Jaden Smith have been added to the Grammy performers lineup. [Source]
- Marie Caro, mother of anorexic model Isabelle Caro, has committed suicide just months after her daughter’s death. [Source]
-Kat Von D and Jesse James are engaged and will get married next month. [Source]
- The first actress has been named for the Charlie’s Angels reboot [Source]
- The Strokes’ new album “Angles” will be out March 22nd. [Source]
- Natalie Portman on Ellen – so cute!
- Anne Hathaway will be cast as Chris Colfer’s lesbian aunt on Glee. [Source]
- Anne Hathaway has also been casted as Selina Kyle AKA Catwoman in Christopher Nolan’s “The Dark Knight Rises” with Tom Hardy as Bane. [Source]
- Miranda Kerr and Orlando Bloom named their son Flynn. [Source]
- Ivanka Trump is pregnant. [Source]
- Regis Philbin will retire later on this year from “Live With Regis and Kelly.” [Source]
- Aaron Carter has entered rehab. [Source]
- Kelly Osbourne will be replacing Taylor Momsen as the face of Madonna and her daughter’s line Material Girl. [Source]
- Glee reveals songs from their upcoming Valentine’s Day episode! [Source]
The City’s HBIC Erin Kaplan will be leaving her position as Head of PR at Elle Magazine to replace Eleanor Banco at Teen Vogue for the same position. [Source]
- Could Pac-Man be turned into a reality series? [Source]
- Bravo announces the return high-quality television series:
- Colin Firth receives his Hollywood Star [Source]
- Oprah reveals her biggest failure was starring in and producing the 1998 adaptation of Toni Morrison’s “Beloved.” [Source]
- “Touched By An Angel” actor John Dye has died at 47. [Source]
- If Orlando Bloom were to appear in “The Hobbit,” he would receive $1 million for a two-minute stint. [Source]
- Carey Mulligan will return to the stage this spring. [Source]
- America Ferrera will appear on “The Good Wife.” [Source]
- Disney pushing a Tron sequel? [Source]
- Backstreet Boy A.J. McLean has returned to rehab to sober up before the big NKOTB/Backstreet Boys tour. [Source]
- Taylor Swift – Back to December
- Etta James has been diagnosed with leukemia. [Source]
- Usher has canceled his OMG tour…again. [Source]
- Model Devon Aoki is engaged and pregnant. [Source]
- Christian Bale will not allow his daughter to pursue child acting. [Source]
- U.S. retailer Target will buy Canada’s Zellers for $1.8 billion, which means Canada will finally be getting their own Target. [Source]
- The first performers to be announced at the Grammy Awards this year will be nominees Arcade Fire, Eminem, Cee Lo Green, Lady Gaga, Miranda Lambert, and Katy Perry. [Source]
- Keira Knightley and Rupert Friend have split. [Source]
- Peter Fonda discovered a dead body in a car. [Source]
- Gucci Mane had an ice cream cone tattooed on his face. [Source]
“The Rose Boy” is at it again! [Source]
- Selma Blair is pregnant w/ fashion designer boyfriend Jason Bleick. [Source]
- Miranda Kerr and Orlando Bloom have been having a hard time naming their son. [Source]
- Kristen Stewart is on the cover of the February issue of Vogue looking awkward as always! [Source]
- Gwen Stefani is the new face of L’Oreal. [Source]
- The Kardashian sisters will launch the Kardashian Kollection at Sears. [Source]
- That same Miu Miu applique dress has landed yet another cover for August making its appearance total to four covers this month. It really is one great dress… [source]
- The boys of Glee will co-host the Teen Choice Awards with Miss Katy Perry next month.
- Justin Timberlake’s William Rast Collection will collaborate with Target’s Go Fashion line to bring affordable denim to both fans and customers. Pieces are likely to range from $15-$80. [source]
- Jimmy Fallon is accused of sexual discrimination because of his preference with who he wants to work with. [source]
- Mel Gibson continues to be disgusting so Leonardo DiCaprio has decided to pull out of an upcoming film with him. Good choice Leo! [Source]
- Who is set to be more “present” on next season’s Glee? Click here to see!
John Legend and The Roots are releasing a new album! Check out the tracklisting here
- Jennifer Lopez will be replacing Ellen DeGeneres on American Idol next season. [Source]
Huge crush on Neil Patrick Harris
GQ introduces pantless Saturdays including Michael Cera and his Scott Pilgrim costars. NSFW or SFW at your own discretion. [Source]
- Zac Efron visited a strip club in New York and it was a BIG deal you guys. [source]
- Kanye West has got a Twitter account now y’all! Follow him here
- Another Victoria’s Secret model has let slip that Miranda Kerr may be pregnant? Maybe that’s why her and Orlando Bloom got married one month after announcing their engagement.
- W Magazine is pulling a “September Issue” and will be filming a documentary on the release of their September issue. Copycatters of Vogue much? [Source]
- Taylor Momsen has got an official album cover.
- Naomi Watts is the new face of Ann Taylor [Source]
in random news from The Daily What
The poor kid didn’t get to see any of his favorite animals at the zoo because all of the girls wanted to see “gentle animals.”
Awesome street art from Warsaw
The world’s oldest Twitter user passed away today at age 104. [source]
In Seattle news…
- The Picasso will be at the Seattle Art Museum this October. Find out more about how to get tickets here
- The Block Party has come and gone, now you can start making your schedule for Bumbershoot hour-by-hour here
The Grassroots production continues to take over Capitol Hill and it is awesome. [Source]
Jones Soda will be distributing new “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” soda tomorrow at Comic-Con [Source]
- The new rumored animated Disney film is supposedly Jack and the Beanstalk [Source]
- Orlando Bloom and Miranda Kerr have pulled a fast one on us by getting married earlier TODAY! They just announced their engagement last month. [Source]
- TNT has landed the rights to the movie Inception, which means that if you haven’t seen it already – no worries – you can watch it on TNT in 2012. [Source] They also landed the rights to some other movies that came out this year, but who cares? It’s ALL about Inception.
- YouTube has mysteriously removed Justin Bieber’s “Baby” music video. This past week, it reached 255 million views surpassing the views on Lady Gaga’s “Bad Romance” video. The video was removed for copyright infringement by MJJ Productions.
- A bank robbery was reported today from Long Island, in which the robber decided to don a Dark Vader mask and costume. Officials are still searching for the 6’2 suspect who robbed the Setauket Chase bank at gun point. [source]
Ogilvy and Mather released a somewhat scandalous campaign advertising 3m permanent double-sided scotch table. I think this is quite clever. I like the simplicity of it. [Source]
- Katy Perry is releasing a new perfume called “Purr by Katy Perry.” [source]
- A new show will join the CW summer lineup called “18 to Life” on August 3rd. The show stars Stacey Farber [Ellie Nash of Degrassi - my favorite!] and Michael Seater [Life with Derek] [Source]
- Starting August 1st, you can now dress like Sonny from Disney show “Sonny with a Chance.” The new line, “D- Signed” hits Target right in time for back to school shopping season. [source]
- MAC will be releasing a new limited edition collection inspired by comic heroine Wonder Woman. The collection will include blush, eye shadows, lipsticks, and nail polish. [source]
- Simon and Garfunkel have canceled their North American tour because Art Garfunkel has a condition that has been affecting his voice.
- Amy Poehler is the co-creater in the project Smart Girls at the Party, which is a web show featuring girls who are changing the world all on their own.
- James Franco has been preparing for his solo art show to debut on June 23rd at New York’s Clock Tower Gallery. Show’s focus? Sexual confusion. [source]
- Toy Story 3 may have a shot at winning the Oscar’s Best Picture award. [source]
Miley Cyrus performed at the MuchMusic Video Awards 2010 last night in this getup. Stop it Miley. Just stop it.
- True Blood officially renewed for a fourth season.
- For the next season of American Idol, they have decided to lower the age limit from 16-28 to 15-28. Auditions begin in Nashville on July 17th.
- Chris Klein has checked himself into rehab after his second alcohol related arrest last Wednesday.
Listen to Maroon 5′s newest single Misery here
- Radiohead is hoping to release their new album before the end of 2010.
- So summer hasn’t hit yet in the northwest. At least we don’t have tornadoes right? Yesterday, a tornado in Billings, Montana destroyed their sports arena and event center Metrapark.
- The Glastonbury music festival is this week. I wish I was there.
- Abercrombie & Fitch is bringing back their most controversial quarterly. mmm how we like a scandal… you’re trying to boost sales aren’t you A&F? [source]
- Givenchy will no longer present a couture runway show, but will opt for private appointments instead. [source]
- Jack White wants his fans to stop sending him stuffed animals. [source]
- Bachelor contestants Jake Pavelka and Vienna Girardi have ended their engagement. The dating show has produced 13 failed relationships.