Well played, indeed.
Joseph Gordon Levitt for Playboy Magazine [Source]
Condé Nast lets you play model in their new video game, Fashion Hazard, available on both iPhone and the iPad. [Source]
Olympic gymnast Gabby Douglas puts her hair in the hands of celeb stylist Ted Gibson. [Source]
Spin Magazine has cancelled their Nov/Dec issue. [Source]
Record label, Fueled By Ramen, is raising money to support The Academy Is… band member Andrew Bishop Mrotek AKA The Butcher. Andrew was violently mugged at the end of July and has been in and out of the ER undergoing several surgeries. He is also without health care and FBR has said that any support that fans can provide will significantly help towards his bills. [Source]
Remember that brawl between Chris Brown and Drake not too long ago? The nightclub is allegedly suing them for $16 million. [Source]
Lady Gaga x Kendrick Lamar collaboration on the way! [Source]
The Jonas Brothers will come together again for a one-time concert. [Source] I want this.
TLC taps into a new reality “looking for love” show called “Secret Princes.” [Source]
ABC’s Revenge has decided to make a re-cast decision for Emily’s mentor, Satoshi Takeda. [Source]
Teen Mom’s Farrah Abraham released a new music video. Apparently, auto tune is her best friend. [Source] Too awful to actually post the video on my blog
ABC Family has cancelled “Jane By Design.” [Source]
NBC’s ‘Tonight Show’ has laid off 20 employees. [Source]
The city of Bremerton will re-name a street for Olympic gold medalist Nathan Adrian. [Source]
Amazon Local will begin delivering Capitol Hill’s Eltana bagels. [Source]
Lauren Conrad made a huge mistake by releasing a new DIY video on her YouTube account today that showed her slicing up Lemony Snicket’s Series of Unfortunate Events and turning it into a storage project. Fans of the series were not very happy and her video has since been deleted. [Source]
Top Chef Cruise 2013 [Source]
Could a men’s birth control be in the works? [Source]
– Fashionista explains while Elle has decided to select their Carey Mulligan cover photo after Vogue already did in 2010. [Source]
– The Vogue Archive has every Vogue issue available for viewing/reading from the last 120 years. Cost? $1,575/yr [Source]
– Pantone and Sephora will collaborate on a new line devoted to the color of the year – Tango Tangerine. [Source]
– Clemence Poesy is the new face of G-Star Raw. [Source]
– Janelle Monae will release two albums in 2012. CAN’T WAIT! [Source]
– Glee will do a Michael Jackson tribute episode. [Source]
– Get a head start on purchasing your Capitol Hill Block Party tickets now! AKA the best. weekend. ever.
– Coldplay will return to the Northwest in 2012. [Source]
– Former Seattle Sonics player, Gary Payton, will help Seattle get a basketball team back here in 2012. [Source]
– Eddie Bauer opens up a pop-up shop at Melrose Market. [Source]
– Lindsay Lohan’s “tasteful” Playboy cover has been revealed. [Source]
– Twitter is about to get a makeover. [Source]
– Shots have been fired at Virginia Tech’s campus and two people are confirmed dead. My thoughts are with everyone affected by this incident. [Source]
– Street style photographers Scott Schuman and Garance Dore are both expanding their blogs together. [Source]
– James Franco is on the cover of Flaunt’s latest issue baring his ASSets. [Source]
– Crooked teeth are so in. Go get them done. [Source]
– Kevin Richardson will perform with the Backstreet Boys again for a one-time performance. [Source]
– Maroon 5’s Adam Levine hates Fox News. A lot. [Source]
– MTV will air True Life: I’m Occupying Wall Street on Nov. 5th 6PM EST [Source]
– Paranormal Activity 3 set the world record for biggest horror movie debut this past weekend raking in $54 million at the box office. [Source]
– The Chocolate Box is planning a pop-up shop outside of Pacific Place for mid-fall. The Chocolate Box Express will open Nov. 12 for weekends and beginning Nov 25. daily. [Source]
– The Kardashians are expanding into home decor with their new trademarked name Kardashian Kollection Home. [Source]
– Lindsay Lohan will pose for Playboy for a reported $1 million. [Source]
– Lindsay Lohan arrived to court the other day with some pretty inflated cheeks. Reason for bloating? Apparently she got some dental work done and thank goodness cause her teeth were a wreck last week. [Source]
– Tony Romo and Candice Crawford are expecting. [Source]
– Actress Kaley Cuoco is engaged to boyfriend Josh ‘Lazie’ Reznik. [Source]
– Tara Reid confesses that she’s not actually married? [Source]
– The Oakland Police Department just went nuts on the locals participating in OccupyOakland by resorting to tear gas. [Source]
– Japan’s Burger King is launching a new promotion that allows customers to eat “All the Whoppers they can in 30 minutes.” For $11, you can eat to your heart’s content. If America launched this, we’d be in big trouble. [Source]
– Demi Lovato and Wilmer Valderrama are dating…again? He sure likes his barely legals. [Source]
– Amy Winehouse died unintentionally by consuming too much alcohol. [Source]
***** Hey readers! Brace yourself – it was a big news day!
– The UK’s Daily Mail published a photo along with a headline naming the wrong Olsen twin. For most of their early lives (Ages 0-16,) I believed they were identical because they were always dressed alike, but these days I can tell the two of them apart within seconds. You don’t have to see it in their faces to tell who is who, but you will see it in the way that they are dressed. Need some help telling the fashion icons apart? Check out Fashionista for their guide here.
– If you loved Lauren Conrad’s recently dyed tips as much as I did then learn how to do them yourself with the help of Lauren’s hair stylist Kristin Ess in this step-by-step tutorial. [Source]
– Rihanna will be the star of Armani’s campaigns this fall/winter 2011. [Source]
– Kal Penn will have a recurring role on How I Met Your Mother. [Source]
– Kurt, Rachel, and Finn will not be returning for Season 4 of Glee, but of course we already knew that when Ryan Murphy said they would be graduating after this next year. [Source]
– MTV has renewed Teen Wolf for a second season. I seriously only watch it for these two. [Source]
– Lindsay Lohan apparently thought she was good enough and should have been considered for the role of Nina Sayers in Black Swan. Girl, you delusional? [Source]
– An exact replica of the house from “Up” has been built. Would you live in it? [Source]
– Miranda Kerr named her son Flynn after a late boyfriend. [Source]
– Rosie Huntington-Whitely is the new face of Burberry Body. [Source]
– Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen are also launching a handbag line. Do these girls ever stop working? [Source]
– Today, one of my favorite bands has officially broken up. Sad day Rilo Kiley. [Source]
– The original stars from the classic “American Pie” will all return for the fourth installment “American Reunion.” [Source]
– Daisy Lowe will pose in next month’s issue of Playboy. Daisy is the daughter of Bush frontman Gavin Rossdale who is also the husband of Gwen Stefani. [Source]
– Meet the 20 new competitors for Project Runway. They all look like such characters! [Source]
– Who wants to wear a dress with Steve Buscemi’s face on it? Not I… [Source]
– Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are finally getting married. It’s been 6 years. [Source]
– Time to start building your Bumbershoot schedule! [Source]
– Yogurtland is collaborating with Hello Kitty. I wish the real life characters would visit our Capitol Hill location though… [Source]
– In case you missed it (like I did) the US women’s soccer team is headed to the world cup finals! [Source]
– Weezer is offering a concert cruise. [Source]
– Cupcake Royale ended up raising $10,000 towards the It Gets Better Project selling their rainbow-covered cupcakes last month. Tomorrow, founder of Cupcake Royale Jody Hall, will present Dan Savage with the check at 4:30 PM at the Capitol Hill location. [Source]
– Amon Tobin and Moby will headline Seattle’s Decibel Festival. [Source]
– The Black Eyed Peas are going on hiatus. Not phased by this. [Source]
– Chris Brown is securing his spot as the celebrity no one will ever like again. [Source]
– The first teaser poster for the Dark Knight Rises. [Source]
– Weezer and The Flaming Lips will share the stage together in New Jersey on July 28th and New York on July 29th. Literally. As in… all of their gear will be up on stage at the same time and they will take turns performing a song. Yeasayer will open each night. AWESOME. [Source]
It seems as if it was just a few weeks ago that I posted the first sketch of Marchesa’s Playboy Costume redesign. Well, it looks like Marchesa designers Georgina Chapman and Keren Craig got down to work because the costume was finally revealed yesterday in London.
– To celebrate the new Playboy club in London, Marchesa designer Georgina Chapman has created an updated version of the Playboy bunny suit. [Source]
– Designer Tory Burch has launched a new Tumblr showcasing her favorite people, places, and interests. Visit Torypedia.
– Lauren Bush and Judith Leiber have collaborated together in designing the FEED evening clutch.
“The clutch retails for $495, far less than many of Leiber’s more elaborately bejeweled minaudières, and $250 from every bag sold will go to supporting global food-supply programs. In fact, each sale will provide 1,000 school meals for children in need, the largest amount yet associated with one of FEED’s products.” [Source]
– Angelina Jolie is the new face of Louis Vuitton. [Source]
– Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen are debuting a new optical line. [Source]
– Above is the cover art for Bon Iver’s newest self-titled album due out June 21st, 2011. Tracklisting at the…[Source]
– Taylor Swift has bought herself an LA mansion. [Source]
– TV on the Radio bassist Gerard Smith has passed away after losing his battle with leukemia. [Source]
– Kanye West’s charity has closed. [Source]
– Ashley Fink and the Dalton Academy Warblers will also join New Directions on the Glee tour this summer. [Source]
– Detroit’s Movement Electronic Music Festival has released their lineup. [Source]
– Author James Frey will return to Oprah’s talk show in one of her last episodes to discuss his new book “The Final Testament of the Holy Bible” after she ripped him a new one five years ago for his book “A Million Little Pieces.” [Source]
– Chris Colfer has sold a pilot to the Disney Channel called The Little Leftover Witch. [Source]
– Justin Timberlake will host the May 21 season finale of Saturday Night Live with Lady Gaga as the musical guest. [Source] Stacked lineup.
– Demi Lovato has decided to leave her role on Disney’s “Sonny With a Chance” after receiving treatment for her eating disorder and bipolar disorder. She will continue to focus on her music career. [Source]
– Scream 4 actors Emma Roberts and Rory Culkin grace Nylon’s May 2011 Young Hollywood issue. [Source]
– Marion Cotillard will play Miranda Tate in “The Dark Night Rises” and Joseph Gordon-Levitt will play John Blake, a police officer. [Source]
– Bellevue Square prepares for Forever 21’s arrival. [Source]
– Capitol Hill will be the first location for the new morning parking meters for the late night parties. [Source]
– James Franco has been accepted into the University of Houston’s Creative Writing Program. [Source] Just stop it…
– Not everyone can tweet like Zooey Deschanel can. [Source]
– Jane Krakowski has given birth to a son. [Source]
– Meet TIME Magazine’s 100 Most Influential People of 2011. [Source]
– Didn’t watch your language on the court? MAKE A PSA! Nice Kobe. [Source]
– There is a new laser treatment called Axilase that will help you reduce your amount of sweat. [Source]
– Evan Rachel Wood admits to being bisexual. [Source]
Believe it or not, Playboy Magazine isn’t just full of indecent photographs and scandalous centerfolds. They’ve got features, interviews, etc. everything a typical mag would have. I can’t exactly determine what every reader or subscriber’s intentions are when they are reading the magazine. I’m almost sure that most people aren’t picking it up for the articles, but let’s give them the benefit of the doubt. Even if the articles are good, readers don’t necessarily want to be seen with a partly naked woman on the cover in public.
The same goes for online. The Playboy website is definitely not safe for the work. That’s where The Smoking Jacket comes in. It’s a new website developed by Playboy that includes everything safe for work and the articles that you’ve been looking for.
“If women aren’t jealous of you, talking about you and cutting you down, then you’re a nerd, and I would never want to be that.”- Heidi Montag
In an interview for Playboy… take notes girls, we’ve got a genius here.
“Girl, you got to keep your clothes on! Phones are for phone calls.”- Dane Cook
Giving advice to Vanessa Hudgens at the Teen Choice Awards… we should just keep pointing and laughing at the people that DO do this. This is just another question off my list of unanswered questions. I cannot understand why girls do this still.
1. We are too involved w/ our technology these days
2. It’s a “turn on.”
3. Clearly this give you classy status right?
4. If girls are seeing other girls nude elsewhere they’ll think they look the same. …fail
My advice: Boys, just go look at an airbrushed Playboy. Heidi Montag is in the new issue! Save your girlfriends the future humiliation that you will drop upon her when you guys break up or she cheats on you. kthnx
now cock your head (..no pun intended) and nod slowly in agreement.
Heidi Montag will most likely strip down for a $500,000 Playboy deal. Gross.
Vanessa Hudgens tells Zac Efron that she wants an open relationship because Zac supposedly said he doesn’t want to get married until he is 40.
Jon Gosselin of Jon & Kate Plus 8 is once again caught out with another woman. A 23 year old woman…
(go back to your family Jon.)
Maggie Gyllenhaal and Peter Sarsgaard finally tie the knot in Italy!
Sugar Ray (remember that band?) are trying to make a comeback. Their new album “Music For Cougars” is due out July 21
“In my spare time I like to drive past my ex-boyfriends’ houses. I’m not like throwing eggs, I just like to check up on them.” – Taylor Swift
I came across Danity Kane – Damaged tonight
Yeah… that song is kind of old now. In fact, probably the last time I heard it was when I was dancing to it on top of the speaker at Fall Ball. I said to Michael, “I’m actually really sad that Danity Kane broke up.” There were probably only three songs that I liked off of both of their albums combined but what I loved most was Aubrey and Aundrea on Making the Band together and their little friendship. It was my favorite part of watching !
Then Aubrey went crazy always making out w/ her dog in photos, posing for Playboy and dressing unclassily. It’s too bad Danity Kane is no more but I’m even more sad for Auburella… and the fact that those two aren’t friends anymore.
Anyways, this video will always be my favorite.