“Been there, done that, got the T-shirt.”
– Zoë Saldana, on dating fellow actors, to Allure
Can’t we all be a little bit more like her?
As expected, our girl Cara D. is gracing the cover of the first issue of Miss Vogue – ie) the UK version of Teen Vogue. Aside from the title, the headlines of this cover look awfully similar to our Teen Vogue. The cover is definitely a throwback to the 90′s and model Cara Delevingne is wearing a pink paillette tank top with matching skirt over a cropped gray tee. I’m definitely looking forward to seeing the issue in person and making comparisons to the Teen Vogue I grew up with.
– Justin Timberlake, on marrying “best friend” Jessica Biel, on The Ellen DeGeneres Show
I posted this earlier this week in video form, but in case you missed it – here it is a second time in just simple quote form.
The other day I wrote a post about how selfies on Facebook/Instagram were overrated. That’s just putting it nicely. I didn’t say they were overrated, I actually questioned why selfies were being taken at all in the first place. Coincidentally, People Magazine just wrote a post about the ten ways you can take a selfie beautifully and I have to say that after reading this article, I might be changing my tune.
Example A. Miranda Kerr. Selfies are done best when they don’t really look like a selfie because of the outstretched arms. That’s not a comment by People Magazine – just a comment by me.
For the full list of ways, click here.
This coming May, British Vogue will launch a new sister magazine called Miss Vogue targeted towards a younger audience just like Vogue’s Teen Vogue in the states. Growing up, I was a subscriber of Teen Vogue and now I can’t wait to see how Miss Vogue will turn out. Will it be just like TV or will they branch out and do something completely different? The first issue May/June will hit stands nationwide on May 6th.
Who will be the cover girl? Will there be more Cara D? Probably.
The other day, Yow Yow! had the wonderful opportunity to interview the lovely freelance writer Molly Young and today she revealed to us all today that she had actually just done a recent profile on actor Zac Efron for Elle. Molly is notorious for her profiles and since I’ve never shared with you all any of her pieces before, I thought now was a better time than any.
Check out her profile on our former Disney heartthrob here.
I have been finding so many interesting things on the internet recently that I pretty much want to blog everything! I’d do that, but then you’d get 20 posts in one day and who has time for that? Very rarely has anyone watched me actually blog and even then I think it’s such a weird process. Maybe we can include that on the video blogs someday, Veronica? Anyways, today we’re already at 10 posts and I must confess to you all, I’ve got some blog projects I need to hit tonight! [More on that later] So laziness is about to occur and you’re gonna get a roundup of some of the best things that I came across on the internet today in one post!
1. This UK beatboxer named Ball-Zee. [Source]
2. This backwards prank by Improv Everywhere in Times Square. [Source]
3. Perfect blueberry pancakes. [Source]
4. Want to know all of the songs that Jimmy Fallon and Justin Timberlake are rapping in their “History of Raps?” SPIN has got you covered. I am adding these to my Spotify playlists as we speak.
5. Mariners’ game attendees this season are going to dine well. [Source]
6. I took the Bring It On quiz and scored 10/12. Not bad!
7. Steve Buscemi will direct Vampire Weekend’s live stream. That’s a collaboration we didn’t see coming! [Source]
8. View a slideshow of Seattle’s notable empty buildings. My favorite is where Amazon used to live. [Source]