There are often times throughout my day where I drift off into a tangent and immediately become so enamored within a subject that I ask myself constant questions to no one but myself. They’re questions that I have nonetheless and don’t they…deserve answers?
I came across a self-taken photograph on my Facebook newsfeed today. Shortly after that an acquaintance of mine “liked” it. Immediately, I asked WHY.
On the person that took the selfie:
- How did you get to this decision where you decided to take a picture of yourself?
- Is it because you simply like the way that you look?
- How many times did you take this? There’s no way you got it right the first time.
- What kind of response do you hope to gain from this?
- What does a lot of likes mean to you on this photo?
- Also, I see you’re in your car. Hopefully you’re not driving. Isn’t there a more appropriate background for this self taken photo?
On the person that “liked” the selfie:
- Why are you liking this photo?
- When you like this photo, is it because you like the caption or because you just like this person’s face?
- Don’t you think there’s something more substantial that you could be putting your “likes” towards?
Either way… years have gone by and it’s a Facebook action/reaction that I still can’t comprehend. Judgments all around!