DV by Dolce Vita ‘Dania’ Sandal – $26.23
By the looks of this month’s closet collection, you would think that we were already gearing up for fall! That, however, just isn’t true. I’ve noticed recently that while out shopping, I’ve been indulging in pieces that tend to be on the more neutral side – whites, creams, grays, and blacks. I’ve always been a fan of the classic style, but one thing is for sure – I definitely don’t get dressed up as much as I did in college. Back then, bold and bright pieces were my trademark, but these days – I’m not really dressing for anyone else other than myself and I’m not meeting new people every single day so getting dressed in the morning has become simplified. With that, here are my picks for July!
I’m not a tennis player or anywhere close to being an athlete, but I certainly know how to appreciate art and design…even on objects that I would never use. Vogue asked several designers including Peter Som, Rag & Bone, Tory Burch, and even the designer of my glasses – Warby Parker – among others to design their own tennis balls. Check out the results here.
- Alexa Chung has made her Instagram private after several of her followers left comments for her on this picture saying that she was too thin. She responded, “Ok everyone thanks for the teen angst discussions. People are different sizes. I’m not trying to be thinspo for anyone.” [Source]
- Rag & Bone will launch a handbag line this fall. [Source]
- Nicki Minaj will develop her own fragrance. [Source]
- This photo of two models kissing in Urban Outfitters’ latest catalog has stirred up some controversy with the One Million Moms (OMM) Organization.
“The content is offensive and inappropriate for a teen who is the company’s target customer.” And they’re asking supporters to boycott the retailer: “Tell them you will also no longer shop at their stores if you hear this type of advertising continues.”
Whatever, man. There’s always some organization that brings up this issue every month. [Source]
- Marchesa may be launching a contemporary line very soon. [Source]
- I’ve been waiting for this album, but I don’t have to wait much longer since Metric’s “Synthetica” will be out June 12. [Source]
- After debuting Tupac’s hologram at Coachella this past weekend, Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg are now considering taking it on tour with them. [Source]
- Zooey totally sold me on the iPhone 4s in this commercial. It was the tomato soup.
- NBC will stream the entire 2012 Summer Olympics in London. I get that it’s popular these days, but it’s gonna be on NBC all day every day. [Source]
- MTV’s Teen Wolf will return in June for their second season. [Source]
- The Seattle Center will partner with Coca-Cola and name them the “official beverage” of the space and will celebrate them at their Next Fifty event. [Source]
- Congratulations to The Stranger writer, Eli Sanders, for his Pulitzer on feature writing! So much of my Seattle news comes from this blog so I think credit should be given when deserved. [Source]
- Tru Blood stars Anna Paquin and Stephen Moyer are expecting. [Source]
- Angelina Jolie’s engagement ring from Brad Pitt is reportedly worth $1 million dollars. [Source
- Kanye West apparently broke up with Kim Kardashian via text. [Source]
- Dick Clark has passed away after suffering a heart attack. He was 82 years old. [Source]
- Victoria Beckham’s birthday cake…is not a real cake. It’s fruit. [Source]
François-Henri Pinault with Salma Hayek both in Alexander McQueen
There was an unbelievable amount of love for Alexander McQueen and Stella McCartney at this year’s 2011 Met Ball. I think out of all the Met Ball’s I have seen, this one has provided the most looks that I have fallen in love with. Well done everyone.
This year’s theme was in tribute to the late designer Alexander McQueen as the museum debuted a new exhibition in his name. Since there were so many attendees this year, I decided to post only my favorite looks (and a few others) – don’t worry, it’s still pretty image heavy!
Where was Camilla Belle this year?
It is the biggest fashion party of the year! This year’s theme is “Model As Muse”
Gisele Bündchen in Versace and Finn.
Anne Hathaway in Marc Jacobs