It’s the biggest night in fashion of the year and for the past four years, we have been covering the annual Met Gala. This year’s theme was Punk: Chaos to Couture and the celebrities did it well. Here – Dakota Fanning looks phenomenal in Rodarte.
All photos by Style
Click the cut below for more amazing looks from your favorite celebrities, designers, and models.
There are very few outfits featured on Sex and the City that I would care to ever emulate. Carrie, in particular, just doesn’t cut it the way that Charlotte does. I did, however, swoon for her skirt featured in the opening of every single episode. I was amazed by how quickly she popularized the tutu, but it’s not just any tutu. It doesn’t mean that Carrie has any aspirations to be a ballerina or to live out a childhood dream. Instead, it symbolizes the idea that even when you’re an adult you can still be a little childish.
So where did this skirt come from? We know that Patricia Field is responsible for the wardrobe of the former hit series, but what designer did it come from?
- I love this shot of Chloe Sevigny impersonating photographer, Terry Richardson, on the cover of Candy Magazine. [Source]
- Tom Ford will design the costumes for the next James Bond film. [Source]
- Sarah Jessica Parker is trying too hard with this hat. [Source]
- Prince and Nicki Minaj will perform at the H&M x Versace launch party. [Source]
- Levi’s suggests that we freeze our jeans instead of washing them. [Source]
- Kanye’s kilt causes a stir. [Source]
- Listen to The Flaming Lips‘ 24-hour song. [Source]
- Franz Ferdinand will return in 2012. [Source]
- Former Quadstock performer, Dan Deacon, has signed to indie label Domino. [Source]
- What the series finale of Greek could have looked like with this alternate ending. [Source]
- Lady Gaga will sit down w/ Katie Couric for a holiday special called, “A Very Gaga Thanksgiving.” [Source]
- FOX has decided to renew The X Factor for a second season. [Source]
- 60 Minutes’ Andy Rooney passed away last night at age 92. [Source]
- Is “Project X” our modern day “Can’t Hardly Wait?” Ehhh probably not.
- Could a “Bruce Lee Action Museum” be moving into the International District sometime soon? [Source]
- EMP’s Sound Off! entry deadline is Monday! [Source]
- Is anyone else aware of how many restaurants are popping up in Seattle recently? There’s way too many to count for me to post about all of them so just check out Seattle Met’s Nosh Pit blog for everything that you need and more.
- Seattle rock group, Visqueen, will be playing their last show ever on Saturday, Nov. 26 at the Neptune Theater. [Source]
- Beyonce and Jay-Z’s fetus is a girl! [Source]
- The New York Daily News decided to place a media ban on The Kardashians. [Source] I’ve only had to do that for Heidi and Spencer and Jon and Kate, but I adore the Kardashians too much.
- On a related note – Kendall Jenner is getting a Sweet Sixteen special on E! Not shocked. Still excited. [Source]
- Pippa Middleton is writing a book. [Source]
- Want your brown eyes to be blue? Want a laser to take care of that for you? [Source]
- One footballer decided to name his son “Trendy” because he loves Twitter. In the words of my friend Tina, “You F-A-I-L FAIL!” [Source]
that Sex and the City will be returning to television soon enough! Apparently, this was reported by The Daily Mail yesterday and producers have met in Hollywood to discuss the possibility. Sarah Jessica Parker has been said to return as a producer, but we hope (I hope) that she’ll reprise her role as Carrie Bradshaw also!
Personally, I’d take the television series over the movies any day!
Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick have a very special feature in the August issue of Vogue along with their three children. Is it strange that I only enjoy Sarah Jessica Parker when I think of her as Carrie Bradshaw? For some reason, I always find myself choosing Matthew Broderick over her. Anyways, this shoot is pretty cute…but less Sarah more Matthew please!
How did Carrie Bradshaw afford her lifestyle as a columnist on Sex in the City? One blogger managed to calculate all of her expenses to find how much debt she would have. [Source]
TopShop will open its second location in the states in Chicago! [Source]
Lupe Fiasco and Trey Songz will perform at this year’s MTV’s 2011 Movie Awards. [Source]
For her sweet sixteen, Big Boi gave his daughter Jordan a record label called Purple Kidz. [Source]
Oh Land will be kicking off her summer tour w/ Sia beginning in July. [Source]
Ben Gibbard opens up about his dark past and battling alcoholism in the June issue of SPIN Magazine. [Source]
America’s Next Top Model has announced the contestants for their All-Star Season. [Source] Round 2.
Taylor Momsen and Jessica Szohr will leave Gossip Girl at the end of the season as series regulars. [Source]
Zooey Deschanel will star in a new FOX Pilot called “The New Girl.” [Source]
NBC passes on Wonder Woman pilot. [Source]
Ashton Kutcher will join “2 and a Half Men.” [Source]
Dakota Fanning and Elizabeth Olsen will star in a new film called “Very Good Girls.” [Source]
Designer Monique Lhuillier will be visiting Nordstrom’s Flagship store downtown on 5/19. Bridesmaid dress viewing will be from 6-7PM [Source]
Levi Johnston looks extremely good looking on the cover of his new book due out September 27: Deer in the Headlights: My Life in Sarah Palin’s Crosshairs [Source]
Leonardo DiCaprio has called it quits with longtime girlfriend Bar Rafaeli. [Source]
Hayden Panetierre and her giant boyfriend Wladimir Klitschko have split. [Source]
Autumn Reeser has given birth to a beautiful baby boy named Finn. [Source] Named after Glee?
Bristol Palin admits that the plastic surgery on her face was for medical reasons. [Source]
Actor Mike Myers is about to become a dad for the first time at age 47. [Source]
Lady Gaga is no longer in a relationship w/ Lüc Carl. [Source]
Facebook has found themselves to be in a potential scandal w/ Google. [Source]
François-Henri Pinault with Salma Hayek both in Alexander McQueen
There was an unbelievable amount of love for Alexander McQueen and Stella McCartney at this year’s 2011 Met Ball. I think out of all the Met Ball’s I have seen, this one has provided the most looks that I have fallen in love with. Well done everyone.
This year’s theme was in tribute to the late designer Alexander McQueen as the museum debuted a new exhibition in his name. Since there were so many attendees this year, I decided to post only my favorite looks (and a few others) – don’t worry, it’s still pretty image heavy!
Where was Camilla Belle this year?
Sarah Jessica Parker (Mrs. Carrie Bradshaw) in Valentino Couture!
Kristin Davis in Jean Dessès. 4. I wish her hair were down!
Kim Cattrall in Naeem Khan 4.3
Cynthia Nixon in Carolina Herrera – 4
SO EXCITED. By the way, that dress that Sarah Jessica Parker is wearing is amazing.