I missed SNL this weekend with Drake hosting, but was planning on catching up with it later. Here’s just a clip though to either a) hold you over or b) give you a taste of what Drake hosting was like. We think it’s pretty great.
It’s amazing that I was able to stay up for Paul Rudd hosting Saturday Night Live this past weekend, but I knew that with him on the show there were definitely going to be a few surprises. And I was right! Hello cast of Anchorman singing “Afternoon Delight” alongside One Direction. It was a pretty great episode and I found myself enjoying this skit above the most. Second most favorite part of the episode? One Direction performing “Story of My Life.” I finally get the appeal behind One Direction and Harry Styles. *Small swoon.
For the past two days, my co-worker Nadia has been asking me if I have started watching the television series “Scandal.” Truth? I’ve been meaning to…for the last three seasons! I can’t believe they are already that far along. Kerry Washington has been on my radar for years as a style icon and when I first learned that she would be in ABC’s “Scandal” I thought that it would be a show that I would catch on to. Now, I’m thinking I might have to start sooner than later because of these amazing cupcakes she sent to the staff at Saturday Night Live after her hosting gig. This is why we love her. For reference, the text on these cupcakes were from her parody of “What Does the Fox Say” from Saturday Night Live. If you haven’t seen it yet, you need to.
Is it weird for me to say that I actually was entertained by this? I thought it was funny! I missed Miley on Saturday Night Live last night, but am planning on watching it later this afternoon. How did she do?
It was revealed recently that Jimmy Fallon would replace Jay Leno on the Tonight Show when Leno retires in Spring 2014. But the question remained, who would fill Fallon’s shoes on Late Night? Well, it looks like that man is none other than Seth Meyers! Seth is by far one of my favorites from Saturday Night Live. I’m excited to see which direction he will take this show in, but I have no doubt at all that he won’t disappoint.
Looks like I’ll be staying up later this whole week if my BB Justin Timberlake is joining my other BB Jimmy Fallon! Please please please can there be another History of Rap pt. 4?
When Justin Timberlake said he was making a comeback (I actually don’t even know if he said this) he really makes a comeback! New album, new tour, television appearances, and he’s not stopping anytime soon.
Justin Timberlake will also host and be the musical guest on Saturday Night Live this coming March as well.
It’s a Justin Timberlake world, we just live in it.
- Fashionista documents the best looks from Pretty Little Liars [Source]
- Marc Jacobs’ new makeup line will hit Sephora shelves this fall. [Source]
- Stella McCartney is launching a collection of eyewear and it’s pretty spectacular. [Source]
- Justin Bieber will host and perform on Saturday Night Live’s Feb. 9th episode. [Source]
- Paramore ain’t over y’all! A new album is on the way. [Source]
- Mariah Carey is hilarious in an interview with Barbara Walters in which she says she didn’t know Nicki Minaj sang…”I thought she rapped or whatever. [Source] Trollin’
- “Girls” actress Lena Dunham was criticized for having a ‘blobby body’ in a review. Uhhhhhh girl can do whatever she wants, she’s fantastic, okay? [Source]
- Aladdin will be on Broadway in Spring 2014. [Source]
- Joseph Gordon Levitt and Josh Brolin join the cast of the Sin City sequel. [Source]
- This is how Taylor Swift looks post split from Harry Styles. Haylor is no more. [Source]
- Khloe Kardashian is selling her old workout clothes on eBay. Sick. [Source]
- Anderson Cooper has been named Gay “Man of 2012″ by Out readers. [Source]
- Snooki wants a baby. I think everyone had their doubts, but now that she’s proving everyone wrong no one really care. Go on with your bad self and have another baby Snooki! [Source]
- The White House has banned the paparazzo images of Sasha and Malia on the beach. [Source] um duh! Block that ish.
Call me a music snob, psh I already know this about myself, but HELLO! The Format’s music was so much better than this mainstream Fun stuff. At the same time, I know that congratulations are in order. I like to still be happy for a band’s success and watching them perform on SNL is a little bit cool.
Joseph Gordon-Levitt was on David Letterman last night.
Anyone going to catch him this weekend on Saturday Night Live? Me, me, ,me!
I nearly melted when I watched this performance last night on the premiere of SNL.
Oh hay John Mayer. We see you.
Unfortunately, I’m a little behind on my news having not blogged consistently for the past couple of weeks, but this is the best I could do!
- Designer Tracy Feith will design for TOMS Shoes. The designer was known for his highly successful collection for Target. [Source]
- Vogue has announced that they will no longer be working with models under the age of 16 or models who look unhealthy. [Source]
- Justin Timberlake is still not returning to music because he’s too busy working on a design line for HomeMint. [Source]
- The Wanted’s latest track, “Chasing the Sun” will be used as the title track for Ice Age 4: Continental Drift. [Source]
- Earlier this week, a first-grader was suspended for singing the line “I’m sexy and I know it” from LMFAO’s latest song. [Source]
- Teen Wolf Season 2. It’s almost here. [Source]
- Will Jeopardy host, Alex Trabek, leave the show? I sure hope not. [Source]
- Britney Spears and Demi Lovato have joined The X Factor. [Source]
- The Jonas Brothers are getting a reality show on E! y’all! [Source]
- Twilight’s Kellan Lutz has just signed on to play Tarzan in the new animated film. [Source]
- And yet another trailer for The Amazing Spider Man.
- Outkast’s Andre 3000 will begin shooting for the Jimi Hendrix biopic next month. [Source]
- The Seattle International Film Festival (SIFF) lineup is up! [Source]
- A new Seattle spot is opening up and it is dedicated to one of my favorite desserts – the Molten Chocolate Cake. Hot Cakes Molten Chocolate Cakery will open up later on this month. [Source]
- Demi Moore has officially changed her Twitter handle. [Source]
- Jessica Simpson finally gave birth to a baby girl named Maxwell Drew Johnson.
- RIP to the Beastie Boys’ Adam “MCA” Youch. He passed away Friday at age 47 after battling cancer for two years.
- Kings of Leon’s Jared Followill has proposed to model Martha Patterson. The two have been dating for only a few months. [Source]
- SNL’s Taran Killam and HIMYM’s Cobie Smulders will marry this September. [Source]