Joseph Gordon-Levitt was on David Letterman last night.
Anyone going to catch him this weekend on Saturday Night Live? Me, me, ,me!
Joseph Gordon-Levitt was on David Letterman last night.
Anyone going to catch him this weekend on Saturday Night Live? Me, me, ,me!
I nearly melted when I watched this performance last night on the premiere of SNL.
Oh hay John Mayer. We see you.
Unfortunately, I’m a little behind on my news having not blogged consistently for the past couple of weeks, but this is the best I could do!
- Designer Tracy Feith will design for TOMS Shoes. The designer was known for his highly successful collection for Target. [Source]
- Vogue has announced that they will no longer be working with models under the age of 16 or models who look unhealthy. [Source]
- Justin Timberlake is still not returning to music because he’s too busy working on a design line for HomeMint. [Source]
- The Wanted’s latest track, “Chasing the Sun” will be used as the title track for Ice Age 4: Continental Drift. [Source]
- Earlier this week, a first-grader was suspended for singing the line “I’m sexy and I know it” from LMFAO’s latest song. [Source]
- Teen Wolf Season 2. It’s almost here. [Source]
- Will Jeopardy host, Alex Trabek, leave the show? I sure hope not. [Source]
- Britney Spears and Demi Lovato have joined The X Factor. [Source]
- The Jonas Brothers are getting a reality show on E! y’all! [Source]
- Twilight’s Kellan Lutz has just signed on to play Tarzan in the new animated film. [Source]
- And yet another trailer for The Amazing Spider Man.
- Outkast’s Andre 3000 will begin shooting for the Jimi Hendrix biopic next month. [Source]
- The Seattle International Film Festival (SIFF) lineup is up! [Source]
- A new Seattle spot is opening up and it is dedicated to one of my favorite desserts – the Molten Chocolate Cake. Hot Cakes Molten Chocolate Cakery will open up later on this month. [Source]
- Demi Moore has officially changed her Twitter handle. [Source]
- Jessica Simpson finally gave birth to a baby girl named Maxwell Drew Johnson.
- RIP to the Beastie Boys’ Adam “MCA” Youch. He passed away Friday at age 47 after battling cancer for two years.
- Kings of Leon’s Jared Followill has proposed to model Martha Patterson. The two have been dating for only a few months. [Source]
- SNL’s Taran Killam and HIMYM’s Cobie Smulders will marry this September. [Source]
Did anyone catch them on SNL w/ Jonah Hill last weekend? My heart was going through all sorts of fluttering for this performance, but I especially love this music video.
- Supermodel Agyness Deyn came forward earlier this week to announce that she is 29-years old, which is six years older than the age stated on her CV. [Source]
- Stefano Pilati has “left the YSL building.” Pilati has been the creative director over at YSL since 2004. [Source]
- Bethany Cosentino of Best Coast is designing a line for Urban Outfitters. [Source]
- Glee’s Idina Menzel will be going on tour. [Source]
- Warner Music has launched a YouTube channel. [Source]
- Despicable Me 2 teaser trailer
- Emma Watson will star in Sofia Coppola’s new film titled, “The Bling Ring” about a group of fashion-obsessed teenagers who break into the homes of celebrities and eventually get caught. It’s inspired by a true story…and Lifetime already did it…last year. [Source]
- Lindsay will make her 239479th comeback this weekend when she hosts Saturday Night Live.
- Jennifer Love Hewitt turned her Lifetime movie, The Client List into Lifetime television series, The Client List. [Source]
- Bristol Palin is getting a docuseries on Lifetime. “This show will reveal the real Bristol Palin and her journey as a daughter, a mother and a young woman making her way in the world.” Um…what?!
- Meet the newest contestants for Dancing With the Stars. [Source]
- Casting has begun for the new CW Sex and the City prequel pilot, The Carrie Diaries, and it looks like AnnaSophia Robb will play a young Carrie. [Source]
- Oprah Winfrey will interview the late Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown’s daughter Bobbi Kristina exclusively, which will air on Sunday, March 11th at 9PM on OWN. [Source]
- Top Pot Doughnuts are headed to Bellevue Square. [Source]
- Capitol Hill’s Molly Moon’s is taking over the old Flora & Henri shop to create a Willy Wonka-esque “kitchen on display” that will highlight their specialty ice cream and signature cones being made. The space is set to open in the summer. [Source]
- Skillet will call the Seattle Center home. [Source]
- EMP’s Sound Off! finals are tomorrow night and we’ve got a Seattle University band in the running: Feet. Check out the rest of the acts here. I like these guys a lot!
- Jan Berenstain passed away this week at 88. This one was my favorite because I went through a phase as a kid where I loved seeing pictures of illustrated food/candy. I kid you not, another one of my favorite books was a children’s book on the affects of diabetes.
- Wiz Khalifa and Amber Rose are now engaged! The couple have been dating for over a year. [Source]
- Ke$ha turned 25 and Justin Bieber turned 18 this week.
- US Weekly shows the evolution of Lindsay Lohan’s face and it ain’t pretty. [Source]
- Lea Michele and Cory Monteith – romantically involved? US Weekly believes so. [Source]
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner have announced the birth of their newborn son, Samuel Garner Affleck. [Source]
- …and Snooki is preggers. [Source]
- Lamar Odom has been dropped by the Dallas Mavericks and has been sent down to the NBA Development League. OH NO!! POOR LAM LAM :( [Source]
- Actress Kaley Cuoco has called off her engagement to Josh Resnik. [Source]
- Natalie Portman had a secret wedding and is already married to Benjamin Millipied. [Source]
Unfortunately, I was unable to catch the entire episode of Maya Rudolph hosting SNL last night (more on that later!) but I had heard that my guy Justin Timberlake made an appearance so of course the one skit that I did decide to watch happened to include him. In the skit, Maya Rudolph (as Beyonce) and her hubby Jay-Z invite several A-list friends over to their home to meet their newborn daughter Blue Ivy and the impressions are basically spot-on. Watch the skit here.
Ever since I caught this performance last week of Karmin’s “Brokenhearted,” I have sort of been obsessed with the song. Wake up in the morning. Let me play “Brokenhearted” on Spotify while I get ready. Blog some posts to start my day. “Brokenhearted” would sound great right about now! The song is catchy. It’s poppy and it gets me moving, but at the same time there are a few things about Karmin that just confuse me.
Despite all of these things, I am still impressed by Karmin. No one will doubt that she has this incredible voice – not to mention that they are YouTube stars – so power to them! But I’m curious, is Karmin a phase? Will they be able to stick it out for the long run? What do you guys think?
I know today is a day for you to make wishes, but I’ve got two of my own:
1) Could you become a regular on Saturday Night Live?
2) It’d be really nice if you could put out another album too.
Making one of these wishes come true is sort of like the both of us celebrating your birthday together, right?!
And as a treat to you all…I give you my favorite J-Timberlake song.
I can’t say that I was overly excited to see Daniel Radcliffe hosting Saturday Night Live last night, but I knew that I was going to end up watching it anyway. He’s no Emma Stone or Jimmy Fallon, but I’m going to have to agree with the criticism that most of the reviews have been saying about his performance: He did the best he could with what he was working with. Aside from the Harry Potter skit, which we all knew was going to happen, there wasn’t a lineup of skits that held my attention for my long. I was, however, impressed by his American accent! Other than that, the skits were pretty lackluster.
Now, let’s talk about the performance heard from around the world – LANA DEL REY!
Since the summer premiere of “Video Games,” Lana Del Rey has been named the indie sexpot of 2012. What that means, I’m not exactly sure. Lana is a gorgeous young woman with distinguished pouty lips that women could only dream of and a drawling voice that is both intoxicating and at times confusing. Her music video became a hit on YouTube and since then the new singer has been catching a lot of buzz – landing the cover of Billboard Magazine, snagging a modeling contract, and playing Saturday Night Live all before her debut album has even been released. She is the second artist to ever debut on Saturday Night Live in the performance slot without having an album out first. The first was Natalie Imbruglia.
So there was a lot of pressure riding on Lana last night and the question leading up to her debut was, “Is she ready?” Last night’s performances had me tilting my head and shrugging my shoulders, “Maybe?” Lana Del Rey was visibly nervous as she took the stage to perform her first single, “Video Games,” exhibiting all nervous habits – touching her hair, awkward hand placements, a shaky voice. I felt bad for the poor girl! It was tougher to watch than the time Ashlee Simpson just walked off stage because of her lip-synching. I’ll admit though that she did regain a little bit of confidence for her second song, but at the closing of the show if Seth Meyers hadn’t come up to her and said, “It wasn’t bad!” I probably would have given her the benefit of the doubt.
Did any of you catch Jimmy Fallon’s appearance on Saturday Night Live last night? I know it’s silly to to anticipate an appearance like this, but I have no shame, I was looking forward to it all week! This was the last episode of the year so I knew it was going to be good, but I was unaware of how good it would be. First off, Jimmy Fallon wore a black and white striped top with a white base the moment he set foot on stage and I was extremely envious. I’ve been looking for one just like that for a year now! All fashion quips aside, the episode was packed with guest appearances, but it was expected since he is a veteran after all. Chris Kattan, Horatio Sanz, Amy Poehler, Tina Fey, Rachel Dratch, Tracy Morgan – the gang was all there! Oh yeah, Jude Law was there too and he’s just wonderful.
The quality of the sketches were so-so last night. The ones I enjoyed, I loved. The ones I didn’t like were easily forgotten.
Watching Jimmy Fallon impersonate Justin Beiber and Sting? Priceless. Also, Weekend Update has always been my favorite skit in the series so seeing the four reunited again was a great surprise. Andy Samberg. Enough said. The song was actually done on Jimmy’s late night show, but I think I must have lit up when they performed it again for Saturday Night Live.
- I am crossing my fingers that one of my favorite labels, Vena Cava, will pull through their financial troubles. [Source]
- The Versace for H&M collection has caused the UK E-commerce site to crash. The US site will launch fall 2012. [Source]
- Vera Wang is collaborating with Zales on a new engagement ring collection. [Source]
- Someone has stolen part of Marc Jacobs‘ collection! [Source]
- James Franco continues to add to his resume – makes the entire world look bad. The actor will direct and photograph the upcoming campaign for Seven For All Mankind. [Source]
- Mike Posner ruins “Wonderwall.” GAH!
- Sufjan Stevens is collaborating with The Roots. [Source]
- The babies are not a fan of Lady Gaga’s! After the parents of this baby suggested Lady Gaga hold this little one, it made this face. [Source]
- Scarlett Johansson will direct a film. [Source]
- The sequel to Star Trek will begin filming in January. [Source]
- Taylor Swift is going to be on 60 Minutes this weekend. Not missing that. [Source]
- We say goodbye to One Tree Hill. [Source]
- Steve Buscemi will host SNL on Dec. 3rd w/ The Black Keys as performers. [Source]
- The boycott petition to get the Kardashians off of the E! Network has reached 100K. [Source]
- The Ricki Lake Show will return in 2012. [Source]
- I don’t know about you guys, but the little chance of snow happening in Seattle this weekend is EXCITING! I hope it continues into next week too because having classes cancelled would really be the cherry on top of my fall quarter.
- Bluebird’s new Fremont shop opens Friday. [Source]
- Housewares designer, Jonathan Adler, will stop by Nordstrom on Dec. 1st. [Source]
- Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore are no more. [Source]
- Joe Paterno has a treatable form of lung cancer. [Source]
I need to be very careful with my wording because the last time I wrote about this band, I got made fun of by a friend of mine who called me out on sounding too much like a pretentious hipster.
Anyways, I caught their performance on SNL last night and found it to be kind of amusing. If you’ve ever seen them perform (which I’ve only seen on TV and stream) then you’ll notice just how goofy these guys really look when they are performing. Lead singer Mark Foster is just a gangly little thing, but at the same time I feel like I have to give this band some praise because they are quite possibly the most hipster band out right now and have managed to make even the non-hipsters fall in love with them. I think many of their fans just don’t realize it though.
Found this cover video today of Pumped Up Kicks (WHOA big surprise!) made by three contestants of the Glee Project and AJ Rafael and loved it. I think this friendship is fairly recent, but I find it to be kind of awesome because… it’s the Glee Project kids and also…Cameron Mitchell swoon swoooooon.
Foster the People – ft. Kenny G performing Houdini.
He just plays with everyone these days, doesn’t he?!
Also from now on, if you’re going to pronounce “blog,” you must pronounce it by saying “Blawg.” It’s more fun to say and it makes your face look hideous just for a second more.
On another note, BuzzFeed compared the appearances of pop singers before and after Lady Gaga came onto the scene, which means they went from normal to weird in a hot minute.
Here’s just one example:
More examples here.