This is the only way to learn.
This is the only way to learn.
Patience is knowing that you are just one work day away from the weekend.
If this isn’t the most adorable way to end Christmas, then I don’t know what is.
This won’t be my life, but if I ever had the chance to become a celebrity…being on Sesame Street would be at the top of the list!
How adorable is this?! Love Emma Stone.
So…I think I’d like to start watching Sesame Street on a daily basis now because this stuff is adorable. I can’t get enough of it. It was bad enough that I realized last night how much I missed Elmo, but this parody of Glee gave me the giggles.
LOLOLOL at Mr. Shue (or should I say Mr. Gue) getting a glitter-outfit makeover mid-skit. I won’t spoil the rest for you though!
I miss my childhood friend.
As I was laying in my deathbed the other day recovering from Bumbershoot, five feet away from me Veronica shouted “KATIE! COLLECTION POST! When are you going to change your header?” I’m not sure if many of you realized this by now, but Veronica is one of the few people I listen to when it comes to Yow Yow. Oh and I also listened to Evan when he told me the other day that my Foster the People rant was “SO HIPSTER,” which made me so self-conscious that I decided to delete it altogether.
The road to recovering from Bumbershoot has been steady, but has obviously set me back a little bit. On top of that, I’ve also gotten some new hardware! YEAH! So I’m busy making transfers and starting fresh all over again. It’s safe to say that at this point, Yow Yow! will no longer be doing 17 posts a day as summer comes to an end. That’s right – it’s finally hitting me, but what an incredible last summer this has been for me. I am grateful to have had this opportunity to spend time with my family and friends and to actually have time to focus on myself more than ever. That’s not meant to sound selfish at all. Anyone that knows me will tell you that I am usually MIA throughout the school year (unless they work with me/have classes w/ me) because I am constantly on the go. For once, I got to experience what it was like to have absolutely nothing on my plate. I even got bored a few times – most likely during the time I spent writing those 17 posts.
Anyways, since I won’t be doing much posting over the next couple of days, I thought I would do a Collection post for all of you to enjoy!
So it has been three months since my last “A Collection” post…These are my favorite posts and while they take forever to make, I honestly believe that the more time that goes by, the better these posts turn out to be. I made a promise to Veronica that I would have finished it three weeks ago and here it is. Better late than never.
This collection was created with the theme of being selfless. I never make up these themes beforehand. It is only when I can look through it as a whole that I begin to notice these patterns that arise out of the photographs. I am talking about the Japan Relief and TOMS’ One Day Without Shoes. Sometimes, giving back feels so much larger than us that we are overwhelmed by it, but there are much smaller ways to contribute. You can give back to the people you already know in even the simplest ways.
- That same Miu Miu applique dress has landed yet another cover for August making its appearance total to four covers this month. It really is one great dress… [source]
- The boys of Glee will co-host the Teen Choice Awards with Miss Katy Perry next month.
- Justin Timberlake’s William Rast Collection will collaborate with Target’s Go Fashion line to bring affordable denim to both fans and customers. Pieces are likely to range from $15-$80. [source]
- Jimmy Fallon is accused of sexual discrimination because of his preference with who he wants to work with. [source]
- Mel Gibson continues to be disgusting so Leonardo DiCaprio has decided to pull out of an upcoming film with him. Good choice Leo! [Source]
- Who is set to be more “present” on next season’s Glee? Click here to see!
John Legend and The Roots are releasing a new album! Check out the tracklisting here
- Jennifer Lopez will be replacing Ellen DeGeneres on American Idol next season. [Source]
Huge crush on Neil Patrick Harris
GQ introduces pantless Saturdays including Michael Cera and his Scott Pilgrim costars. NSFW or SFW at your own discretion. [Source]
- Zac Efron visited a strip club in New York and it was a BIG deal you guys. [source]
- Kanye West has got a Twitter account now y’all! Follow him here
- Another Victoria’s Secret model has let slip that Miranda Kerr may be pregnant? Maybe that’s why her and Orlando Bloom got married one month after announcing their engagement.
- W Magazine is pulling a “September Issue” and will be filming a documentary on the release of their September issue. Copycatters of Vogue much? [Source]
- Taylor Momsen has got an official album cover.
- Naomi Watts is the new face of Ann Taylor [Source]
in random news from The Daily What
The poor kid didn’t get to see any of his favorite animals at the zoo because all of the girls wanted to see “gentle animals.”
Awesome street art from Warsaw
The world’s oldest Twitter user passed away today at age 104. [source]
In Seattle news…
- The Picasso will be at the Seattle Art Museum this October. Find out more about how to get tickets here
- The Block Party has come and gone, now you can start making your schedule for Bumbershoot hour-by-hour here
The Grassroots production continues to take over Capitol Hill and it is awesome. [Source]