Jack Guinness, British Style Award winner Harry Styles, in Saint Laurent, and Alexa Chung, in Stella McCartney
It’s the biggest night in fashion of the year and for the past four years, we have been covering the annual Met Gala. This year’s theme was Punk: Chaos to Couture and the celebrities did it well. Here – Dakota Fanning looks phenomenal in Rodarte.
All photos by Style
Click the cut below for more amazing looks from your favorite celebrities, designers, and models.
- Fashionista documents the best looks from Pretty Little Liars [Source]
- Marc Jacobs’ new makeup line will hit Sephora shelves this fall. [Source]
- Stella McCartney is launching a collection of eyewear and it’s pretty spectacular. [Source]
- Justin Bieber will host and perform on Saturday Night Live’s Feb. 9th episode. [Source]
- Paramore ain’t over y’all! A new album is on the way. [Source]
- Mariah Carey is hilarious in an interview with Barbara Walters in which she says she didn’t know Nicki Minaj sang…”I thought she rapped or whatever. [Source] Trollin’
- “Girls” actress Lena Dunham was criticized for having a ‘blobby body’ in a review. Uhhhhhh girl can do whatever she wants, she’s fantastic, okay? [Source]
- Aladdin will be on Broadway in Spring 2014. [Source]
- Joseph Gordon Levitt and Josh Brolin join the cast of the Sin City sequel. [Source]
- This is how Taylor Swift looks post split from Harry Styles. Haylor is no more. [Source]
- Khloe Kardashian is selling her old workout clothes on eBay. Sick. [Source]
- Anderson Cooper has been named Gay “Man of 2012″ by Out readers. [Source]
- Snooki wants a baby. I think everyone had their doubts, but now that she’s proving everyone wrong no one really care. Go on with your bad self and have another baby Snooki! [Source]
- The White House has banned the paparazzo images of Sasha and Malia on the beach. [Source] um duh! Block that ish.
Emma Stone is pretty much my girl of 2012. She has snagged quite a few blockbusters within the last year, has risen to be a style icon, and is dating her Spiderman co-star Andrew Garfield. Her life is awesome. Her outfits are fantastic. We all wish we can be Emma Stone. End of story.
If you haven’t heard of Lily Collins yet, that will soon change! Lily is the daughter of Phil Collins, but she has been actively working towards her career endeavors since she was a teenager. Her first gig as a Nickelodeon correspondent helped launched her into acting roles including Sandra Bullock’s daughter in The Blind Side and now opposite on-screen and off-screen boyfriend Taylor Lautner in Abduction. The girl also just happens to be a star on the red carpet as well. Surprising? Not really.
François-Henri Pinault with Salma Hayek both in Alexander McQueen
There was an unbelievable amount of love for Alexander McQueen and Stella McCartney at this year’s 2011 Met Ball. I think out of all the Met Ball’s I have seen, this one has provided the most looks that I have fallen in love with. Well done everyone.
This year’s theme was in tribute to the late designer Alexander McQueen as the museum debuted a new exhibition in his name. Since there were so many attendees this year, I decided to post only my favorite looks (and a few others) – don’t worry, it’s still pretty image heavy!
Where was Camilla Belle this year?
Kids these days are on the fast track to becoming style icons. I used to think that I dressed myself pretty decently as a young girl, but I was no Shiloh or Suri.
I was notoriously known for the colored leggings in turquoise, purple, and pink. My favorite headband was a seasonal one wrapped in red ribbon with a reindeer head attached to the side of it.
Now, designers and retailers are creating new collections for the little ones. Some of my favorites include Stella McCartney for Gap Kids, J.Crew’s Crewcuts and Free People’s Wee People.
Here are some of my favorite pieces from Stella McCartney’s new collection done entirely on her own:
Hello, I’d like to be eight years old again.
Peep this adorable video here on the official website!
The above photo is from Stella’s collaboration w/ Gap Kids earlier this year, but you can bet that her line will be quite similar. The advertising campaign was surprisingly shot by photographer Ryan McGinley – who is known for shooting his models in the nude. Hmm. A man of many talents clearly.