Here’s your dosage of cuteness for the day.
Here’s your dosage of cuteness for the day.
I’ve already posted this cover of Fifth Harmony doing Taylor Swift’s “Red,” but I think this one is a little bit more upbeat.
I typically never watch the Billboard Music Awards or any other music awards show for that matter, but last night’s events were so entertaining I couldn’t turn away. For one, Christina Aguilera was making a comeback with her new look and the whole world approved. Taylor Swift had some sass and we liked it. Justin Bieber got booed and it was hilarious because he openly said that he should be “taken seriously as an artist.” Kind of fell into that one, didn’t he? Miguel’s dramatic jump landed himself in a fan’s face and it was also a little bit funny. To top it all off, the fashion was on point. Here are my favorite looks:
Hayden Panettiere in Halston Heritage
Her introducing Macklemore & Ryan Lewis was more than a little awkward, but it’s okay because she probably thought she was really clever with it. Do you Hayden.
Did we just want to become Taylor’s best friend after viewing this GIF? Oh yes, we did. And it’s because we’d probably give the same reaction as she did. Call it immature, call it whatever you want, it is what it is and at the end of the day when you say your best friend kissing their ex, it makes you just want to go “blagh!”
And … this GIF, it is just straight LOL.
It’s the biggest night in fashion of the year and for the past four years, we have been covering the annual Met Gala. This year’s theme was Punk: Chaos to Couture and the celebrities did it well. Here – Dakota Fanning looks phenomenal in Rodarte.
All photos by Style
Click the cut below for more amazing looks from your favorite celebrities, designers, and models.
It used to take me over six months to go back to a blog that I haven’t visited in a while. With my new routine and schedule and the absence of homework, I am able to get through my blogs a lot quicker which frees up more time for me to be creative and to spend more time on posts that mean a lot to me instead of just posting and being done with it. Most of the photographs in this A Collection post came from one blog and go figure it’s called Thriving Twenties so of course we can relate hence why we love it.
The girls of Fifth Harmony covering Taylor Swift’s “Red.”
When Tina Fey and Amy Poehler cracked a joke about Taylor Swift possibly going after Michael J. Fox’s son at the Oscars, it was the highlight of my evening. I mean, c’mon it was funny, right? Well apparently, Miss Taylor Swift didn’t find any humor in it and has been quoted by Vanity Fair giving a somewhat cryptic, but obvious comeback:
“You know, Katie Couric is one of my favorite people, because she said to me she had heard a quote that she loved, that said, ‘There’s a special place in hell for women who don’t help other women.’”
Um. Sorry Taylor, but personally I don’t think Tina and Amy can go to hell for making a quip at you. They weren’t the first to do so and they probably won’t be the last, but the ever-so-classy Amy Poehler returned her comment with the following:
“Aw, I feel bad if she was upset. I am a feminist and she is a young and talented girl. That being said, I do agree I am going to hell. But for other reasons. Mostly boring tax stuff. “
To read the rest of the funny Gawker article, click here.
I’ve got a little bit of a love/hate relationship with Taylor. I’m confused by all the guys that she dates and their duration (not that it’s any of my business,) but one can still be curious, right? However, I admire her because despite all the breakups, she is still an icon to many young girls that have gone through what she has and she has no problem whatsoever calling out her ex’s. Some may say it’s a little immature, but don’t lie to yourself.
It’s funny. More than just a little funny because these songs are out FOREVER, but at the same time she’s airing out some dirty laundry…she doesn’t care though because she’s always been known to be a little bit of an open book.
I don’t know. Judge for yourself. Last night, she snubbed Harry on stage at the Grammys and it was lolz.
- Nicki Minaj’s hairstylist quits. [Source]
- It was Marc Jacobs’s psychiatrist that advised him to turn down the Dior gig. [Source]
- A song about Harry Styles is on its way y’all! [Source]
- Ke$ha was paid just $1.63 to write a song for Miley Cyrus. Yes, that’s $1.63… 63 cents. [Source]
- Jurassic Park 4 will be released June 13, 2014. [Source]
- Disney’s The Hunchback of Notre Dame may hit Broadway. [Source]
- Pirates of the Caribbean, really? [Source]
- Tina Fey on Twitter.
- Britney has not only split with fiance Jason Trawick, but has also given back his $90K engagement ring. [Source]
- Facebook is considering adding a fee to send messages to people that you are not connected with for a whopping $100. [Source]
- Crystal Harris signed a pretty serious Prenup before marrying Hugh Hefner. UM HOBviously. [Source]
- Do we like this new portrait of Kate Middleton revealed yesterday? Apparently, no one does. [Source]
- Jennifer Lawrence and actor Nicholas Hoult split. [Source]
- Evan Rachel Wood and Jamie Bell are expecting their first child. [Source] Luckily that Marilyn Manson thing was just a phase…
- Reddit Co-Founder and Digital Activist Aaron Swartz has committed suicide. [Source]
- Olivia Wilde and Jason Sudeikis are engaged! [Source]
- Fashionista documents the best looks from Pretty Little Liars [Source]
- Marc Jacobs’ new makeup line will hit Sephora shelves this fall. [Source]
- Stella McCartney is launching a collection of eyewear and it’s pretty spectacular. [Source]
- Justin Bieber will host and perform on Saturday Night Live’s Feb. 9th episode. [Source]
- Paramore ain’t over y’all! A new album is on the way. [Source]
- Mariah Carey is hilarious in an interview with Barbara Walters in which she says she didn’t know Nicki Minaj sang…”I thought she rapped or whatever. [Source] Trollin’
- “Girls” actress Lena Dunham was criticized for having a ‘blobby body’ in a review. Uhhhhhh girl can do whatever she wants, she’s fantastic, okay? [Source]
- Aladdin will be on Broadway in Spring 2014. [Source]
- Joseph Gordon Levitt and Josh Brolin join the cast of the Sin City sequel. [Source]
- This is how Taylor Swift looks post split from Harry Styles. Haylor is no more. [Source]
- Khloe Kardashian is selling her old workout clothes on eBay. Sick. [Source]
- Anderson Cooper has been named Gay “Man of 2012″ by Out readers. [Source]
- Snooki wants a baby. I think everyone had their doubts, but now that she’s proving everyone wrong no one really care. Go on with your bad self and have another baby Snooki! [Source]
- The White House has banned the paparazzo images of Sasha and Malia on the beach. [Source] um duh! Block that ish.
Favorite Style Icon: Taylor Swift
T. Swift has seriously stepped her game in 2012. Yes, she’s still sticking to the neutral colored dresses – but hey! That’s okay. It works for her. Taylor Swift is really just doing all the right things when it comes to her style these days and it helps that there are a handful of fabulous designers throwing their pieces at her. It’s awesome. I, of course, am jealous.
Runner Up: Michelle Obama / Kate Middleton