Aidan Hawken – The Argument
[Teen Wolf finale]
[Teen Wolf finale]
Unfortunately, I’m a little behind on my news having not blogged consistently for the past couple of weeks, but this is the best I could do!
– Designer Tracy Feith will design for TOMS Shoes. The designer was known for his highly successful collection for Target. [Source]
– Vogue has announced that they will no longer be working with models under the age of 16 or models who look unhealthy. [Source]
– Justin Timberlake is still not returning to music because he’s too busy working on a design line for HomeMint. [Source]
– The Wanted’s latest track, “Chasing the Sun” will be used as the title track for Ice Age 4: Continental Drift. [Source]
– Earlier this week, a first-grader was suspended for singing the line “I’m sexy and I know it” from LMFAO’s latest song. [Source]
– Teen Wolf Season 2. It’s almost here. [Source]
– Will Jeopardy host, Alex Trabek, leave the show? I sure hope not. [Source]
– Britney Spears and Demi Lovato have joined The X Factor. [Source]
– The Jonas Brothers are getting a reality show on E! y’all! [Source]
– Twilight’s Kellan Lutz has just signed on to play Tarzan in the new animated film. [Source]
– And yet another trailer for The Amazing Spider Man.
– Outkast’s Andre 3000 will begin shooting for the Jimi Hendrix biopic next month. [Source]
– The Seattle International Film Festival (SIFF) lineup is up! [Source]
– A new Seattle spot is opening up and it is dedicated to one of my favorite desserts – the Molten Chocolate Cake. Hot Cakes Molten Chocolate Cakery will open up later on this month. [Source]
– Demi Moore has officially changed her Twitter handle. [Source]
– Jessica Simpson finally gave birth to a baby girl named Maxwell Drew Johnson.
– RIP to the Beastie Boys’ Adam “MCA” Youch. He passed away Friday at age 47 after battling cancer for two years.
– Kings of Leon’s Jared Followill has proposed to model Martha Patterson. The two have been dating for only a few months. [Source]
– SNL’s Taran Killam and HIMYM’s Cobie Smulders will marry this September. [Source]
– Alexa Chung has made her Instagram private after several of her followers left comments for her on this picture saying that she was too thin. She responded, “Ok everyone thanks for the teen angst discussions. People are different sizes. I’m not trying to be thinspo for anyone.” [Source]
– Rag & Bone will launch a handbag line this fall. [Source]
– Nicki Minaj will develop her own fragrance. [Source]
– This photo of two models kissing in Urban Outfitters’ latest catalog has stirred up some controversy with the One Million Moms (OMM) Organization.
“The content is offensive and inappropriate for a teen who is the company’s target customer.” And they’re asking supporters to boycott the retailer: “Tell them you will also no longer shop at their stores if you hear this type of advertising continues.”
Whatever, man. There’s always some organization that brings up this issue every month. [Source]
– Marchesa may be launching a contemporary line very soon. [Source]
– I’ve been waiting for this album, but I don’t have to wait much longer since Metric’s “Synthetica” will be out June 12. [Source]
– After debuting Tupac’s hologram at Coachella this past weekend, Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg are now considering taking it on tour with them. [Source]
– Zooey totally sold me on the iPhone 4s in this commercial. It was the tomato soup.
– NBC will stream the entire 2012 Summer Olympics in London. I get that it’s popular these days, but it’s gonna be on NBC all day every day. [Source]
– MTV’s Teen Wolf will return in June for their second season. [Source]
– The Seattle Center will partner with Coca-Cola and name them the “official beverage” of the space and will celebrate them at their Next Fifty event. [Source]
– Congratulations to The Stranger writer, Eli Sanders, for his Pulitzer on feature writing! So much of my Seattle news comes from this blog so I think credit should be given when deserved. [Source]
– Tru Blood stars Anna Paquin and Stephen Moyer are expecting. [Source]
– Angelina Jolie’s engagement ring from Brad Pitt is reportedly worth $1 million dollars. [Source
– Kanye West apparently broke up with Kim Kardashian via text. [Source]
– Dick Clark has passed away after suffering a heart attack. He was 82 years old. [Source]
– Victoria Beckham’s birthday cake…is not a real cake. It’s fruit. [Source]
I’m not really a fan of that whole scene, but I do think that the instrumental part in the first 1:30 of this song is beautiful.
Where have you heard this song? The second to last episode of Teen Wolf. Speaking of Teen Wolf, who watched the finale last night?!
***** Hey readers! Brace yourself – it was a big news day!
– The UK’s Daily Mail published a photo along with a headline naming the wrong Olsen twin. For most of their early lives (Ages 0-16,) I believed they were identical because they were always dressed alike, but these days I can tell the two of them apart within seconds. You don’t have to see it in their faces to tell who is who, but you will see it in the way that they are dressed. Need some help telling the fashion icons apart? Check out Fashionista for their guide here.
– If you loved Lauren Conrad’s recently dyed tips as much as I did then learn how to do them yourself with the help of Lauren’s hair stylist Kristin Ess in this step-by-step tutorial. [Source]
– Rihanna will be the star of Armani’s campaigns this fall/winter 2011. [Source]
– Kal Penn will have a recurring role on How I Met Your Mother. [Source]
– Kurt, Rachel, and Finn will not be returning for Season 4 of Glee, but of course we already knew that when Ryan Murphy said they would be graduating after this next year. [Source]
- MTV has renewed Teen Wolf for a second season. I seriously only watch it for these two. [Source]
– Lindsay Lohan apparently thought she was good enough and should have been considered for the role of Nina Sayers in Black Swan. Girl, you delusional? [Source]
– An exact replica of the house from “Up” has been built. Would you live in it? [Source]
– Miranda Kerr named her son Flynn after a late boyfriend. [Source]
– Rosie Huntington-Whitely is the new face of Burberry Body. [Source]
– Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen are also launching a handbag line. Do these girls ever stop working? [Source]
– Today, one of my favorite bands has officially broken up. Sad day Rilo Kiley. [Source]
– The original stars from the classic “American Pie” will all return for the fourth installment “American Reunion.” [Source]
– Daisy Lowe will pose in next month’s issue of Playboy. Daisy is the daughter of Bush frontman Gavin Rossdale who is also the husband of Gwen Stefani. [Source]
– Meet the 20 new competitors for Project Runway. They all look like such characters! [Source]
– Who wants to wear a dress with Steve Buscemi’s face on it? Not I… [Source]
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are finally getting married. It’s been 6 years. [Source]
– Time to start building your Bumbershoot schedule! [Source]
– Yogurtland is collaborating with Hello Kitty. I wish the real life characters would visit our Capitol Hill location though… [Source]
– In case you missed it (like I did) the US women’s soccer team is headed to the world cup finals! [Source]
– Weezer is offering a concert cruise. [Source]
- Cupcake Royale ended up raising $10,000 towards the It Gets Better Project selling their rainbow-covered cupcakes last month. Tomorrow, founder of Cupcake Royale Jody Hall, will present Dan Savage with the check at 4:30 PM at the Capitol Hill location. [Source]
– Amon Tobin and Moby will headline Seattle’s Decibel Festival. [Source]
– The Black Eyed Peas are going on hiatus. Not phased by this. [Source]
– Chris Brown is securing his spot as the celebrity no one will ever like again. [Source]
– The first teaser poster for the Dark Knight Rises. [Source]
– Weezer and The Flaming Lips will share the stage together in New Jersey on July 28th and New York on July 29th. Literally. As in… all of their gear will be up on stage at the same time and they will take turns performing a song. Yeasayer will open each night. AWESOME. [Source]
I caved in. I watched Teen Wolf last night on MTV and while I was watching, they just happened to feature one of my new favorite bands, Oh Land. While we’re on the honesty trail though, I guess I should admit that I’ve actually been watching Teen Wolf for a few weeks now…yeah. Anyways, Oh Land’s Nanna Øland Fabricius has a voice that grabs ahold of your attention and lures you in until you’ve gone through the whole album. We’ve all listened to CD’s in the past that we have decided in the end are made up of similar songs, but Oh Land’s self-titled album is nowhere near that. The first song that I listened to off the album initially after getting it was “Lean” and that song is entirely opposite of my favorite “White Nights,” and electronic tune “Voodoo.” Fabricius has the ability to produce songs that are eerie, sassy, and whimsical. That doesn’t mean that she is inconsistent, it simply means that the girl has range. I made Oh Land’s “Son of a Gun” the Song of the Day back in late Dec of 2010 and nearly seven months later, Fabricius is still dominating. She’s not going anywhere anytime soon so you might as well jump on the bandwagon now.
Oh yeah the whole album is great.