The family opted for a much joyful look this year as opposed to the serious cards they’ve produced the last two years.
Why does it seems like everyone has an open smile.
Lord Disick is the only one getting this whole thing right.
While watching the finale of Kourtney & Kim Take New York the other night, Ashley and I decided at that moment to list off our favorite characters in ranking order.
9. Rob Kardashian
8. Bruce Jenner
7. Kris Jenner
6. Kim Kardashian
5. Kendall and Kylie Jenner
4. Mason Disick
Hmmm what a coincidence…the day after the finale of Kim and Kourtney Take New York, it is revealed that the youngest sisters Kendall and Kylie are featured on the March 2012 cover of Teen Vogue.
It’s very interesting indeed, but Kris Jenner – the best “momager” in town clearly knows what she is doing.
Who am I kidding? I love Kendall and Kylie! It’s only a matter of time until they get their very own spinoff on E!
- A first look at the Jason Wu for Target campaign! The collection debuts February 5, 2012. Is anyone else as excited as I am?! [Source]
- Vera Wang will hit the ice and show off her skills on April 2nd as an honored guest by Figure Skating in Harlem. [Source]
- Indie singer Lana Del Rey has scored a modeling contract. [Source]
- The Black Keys cover the Rolling Stones’ newest issue. [Source]
- The Killers will release a new album in 2012. I still just love Hot Fuss. [Source]
- The Kardashians are hoping to launch a tabloid – just won’t quit building themselves up. [Source]
- Tim Gunn receives a daytime talk show. [Source]
- Contestants for Celebrity Apprentice have been revealed. Clay Aiken! [Source]
- Twilight will become a Broadway musical for one night on January 16. Proceeds from the event will go directly to charity Blessings in a Backpack. [Source]
- Apparently, the QFC on Broadway skipped three months ahead to Easter even passing on Valentine’s Day. [Source]
- Christine Gregoire will introduce a new bill to legalize gay marriage in Washington state. [Source]
- Michelle Bachman has officially ended her presidential bid. [Source]
- Rumored Britney Spears is shopping for a wedding dress in the direction of Betsey Johnson or Jeremy Scott. It looks like our pop princess is spicing things up by opting out of the traditional gowns that would have been made by Vera Wang. [Source]
- Nick Cannon was hospitalized after suffering from mild kidney failure. [Source]
- Zooey Deschanel has officially filed for divorce from Ben Gibbard…is also a savvy spender according to TMZ. [Source]
- Sinhead O’Connor has called off her divorce after a night of passionate lovemaking with her husband. The divorce was filed after 16 days of marriage. So…Kim Kardashian wins again? [Source]
- Emma Roberts is deferring her college experience at Sarah Lawrence in Bronxville, New York due to her work commitments and budding romance with Glee star, Chord Overstreet. [Source]
- Russell Brand and Katy Perry did not have a prenup. He could end up making $20 million off of her. [Source]
- James Franco has sold his first novel to Amazon Publishing. [Source]
I can’t even believe that I am saying this, but Scott Disick could very well become my new favorite person in 2012. This year, one of my favorite blogs, Ohnotheydidnt, had their users vote in the “Best of ONTD” awards and Scott Disick won for being the celebrity users used to hate but now love because of ONTD. I don’t know about you guys, but I think I’m going to trust the masses on this one.
Also in the last few episodes of Kourtney and Kim take New York, Scott has really been stepping up his game in becoming a standout character. The Shabbat dinner that he organized for his family was so sweet and in the latest episode he made an impulse buy on a piano that he doesn’t even know how to play. Some may call that a little reckless, but I see it as being a hilariously grand gesture.
I was definitely on my winter break because the amount of content I posted would not have been possible during finals week or even a regular week. Random fact – this was not exactly a year ago, but give or take a few days, the new Facebook layout was revealed and now that same thing is happening to us once again with the Timeline.
Well, back to what happened a year ago…
- Mayor Mike McGinn announced that the Dale Chihuly Museum and the KEXP headquarters will be moving into the Seattle Center.
- We learned about the Seattle music scene from 12 local bands in the short series $5 Cover.
- I made up my winter quarter television schedule. RIP Hellcats.
- The Kardashians got serious for the holidays.
- E! never launched this show, thank goodness!
- We learned that a school’s library is a nice alternative for your own bed.
- Flavorwire let us know what our favorite 2010 movies said about us.
- I am crossing my fingers that one of my favorite labels, Vena Cava, will pull through their financial troubles. [Source]
- The Versace for H&M collection has caused the UK E-commerce site to crash. The US site will launch fall 2012. [Source]
- Vera Wang is collaborating with Zales on a new engagement ring collection. [Source]
- Someone has stolen part of Marc Jacobs‘ collection! [Source]
- James Franco continues to add to his resume – makes the entire world look bad. The actor will direct and photograph the upcoming campaign for Seven For All Mankind. [Source]
- Mike Posner ruins “Wonderwall.” GAH!
- Sufjan Stevens is collaborating with The Roots. [Source]
- The babies are not a fan of Lady Gaga’s! After the parents of this baby suggested Lady Gaga hold this little one, it made this face. [Source]
- Scarlett Johansson will direct a film. [Source]
- The sequel to Star Trek will begin filming in January. [Source]
- Taylor Swift is going to be on 60 Minutes this weekend. Not missing that. [Source]
- We say goodbye to One Tree Hill. [Source]
- Steve Buscemi will host SNL on Dec. 3rd w/ The Black Keys as performers. [Source]
- The boycott petition to get the Kardashians off of the E! Network has reached 100K. [Source]
- The Ricki Lake Show will return in 2012. [Source]
- I don’t know about you guys, but the little chance of snow happening in Seattle this weekend is EXCITING! I hope it continues into next week too because having classes cancelled would really be the cherry on top of my fall quarter.
- Bluebird’s new Fremont shop opens Friday. [Source]
- Housewares designer, Jonathan Adler, will stop by Nordstrom on Dec. 1st. [Source]
- Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore are no more. [Source]
- Joe Paterno has a treatable form of lung cancer. [Source]
- I love this shot of Chloe Sevigny impersonating photographer, Terry Richardson, on the cover of Candy Magazine. [Source]
- Tom Ford will design the costumes for the next James Bond film. [Source]
- Sarah Jessica Parker is trying too hard with this hat. [Source]
- Prince and Nicki Minaj will perform at the H&M x Versace launch party. [Source]
- Levi’s suggests that we freeze our jeans instead of washing them. [Source]
- Kanye’s kilt causes a stir. [Source]
- Listen to The Flaming Lips‘ 24-hour song. [Source]
- Franz Ferdinand will return in 2012. [Source]
- Former Quadstock performer, Dan Deacon, has signed to indie label Domino. [Source]
- What the series finale of Greek could have looked like with this alternate ending. [Source]
- Lady Gaga will sit down w/ Katie Couric for a holiday special called, “A Very Gaga Thanksgiving.” [Source]
- FOX has decided to renew The X Factor for a second season. [Source]
- 60 Minutes’ Andy Rooney passed away last night at age 92. [Source]
- Is “Project X” our modern day “Can’t Hardly Wait?” Ehhh probably not.
- Could a “Bruce Lee Action Museum” be moving into the International District sometime soon? [Source]
- EMP’s Sound Off! entry deadline is Monday! [Source]
- Is anyone else aware of how many restaurants are popping up in Seattle recently? There’s way too many to count for me to post about all of them so just check out Seattle Met’s Nosh Pit blog for everything that you need and more.
- Seattle rock group, Visqueen, will be playing their last show ever on Saturday, Nov. 26 at the Neptune Theater. [Source]
- Beyonce and Jay-Z’s fetus is a girl! [Source]
- The New York Daily News decided to place a media ban on The Kardashians. [Source] I’ve only had to do that for Heidi and Spencer and Jon and Kate, but I adore the Kardashians too much.
- On a related note – Kendall Jenner is getting a Sweet Sixteen special on E! Not shocked. Still excited. [Source]
- Pippa Middleton is writing a book. [Source]
- Want your brown eyes to be blue? Want a laser to take care of that for you? [Source]
- One footballer decided to name his son “Trendy” because he loves Twitter. In the words of my friend Tina, “You F-A-I-L FAIL!” [Source]
The only show I care about E! having next should just involve them:
- Street style photographers Scott Schuman and Garance Dore are both expanding their blogs together. [Source]
- James Franco is on the cover of Flaunt’s latest issue baring his ASSets. [Source]
- Crooked teeth are so in. Go get them done. [Source]
- Kevin Richardson will perform with the Backstreet Boys again for a one-time performance. [Source]
- Maroon 5′s Adam Levine hates Fox News. A lot. [Source]
- MTV will air True Life: I’m Occupying Wall Street on Nov. 5th 6PM EST [Source]
- Paranormal Activity 3 set the world record for biggest horror movie debut this past weekend raking in $54 million at the box office. [Source]
- The Chocolate Box is planning a pop-up shop outside of Pacific Place for mid-fall. The Chocolate Box Express will open Nov. 12 for weekends and beginning Nov 25. daily. [Source]
- The Kardashians are expanding into home decor with their new trademarked name Kardashian Kollection Home. [Source]
- Lindsay Lohan will pose for Playboy for a reported $1 million. [Source]
- Lindsay Lohan arrived to court the other day with some pretty inflated cheeks. Reason for bloating? Apparently she got some dental work done and thank goodness cause her teeth were a wreck last week. [Source]
- Tony Romo and Candice Crawford are expecting. [Source]
- Actress Kaley Cuoco is engaged to boyfriend Josh ‘Lazie’ Reznik. [Source]
- Tara Reid confesses that she’s not actually married? [Source]
- The Oakland Police Department just went nuts on the locals participating in OccupyOakland by resorting to tear gas. [Source]
- Japan’s Burger King is launching a new promotion that allows customers to eat “All the Whoppers they can in 30 minutes.” For $11, you can eat to your heart’s content. If America launched this, we’d be in big trouble. [Source]
- Demi Lovato and Wilmer Valderrama are dating…again? He sure likes his barely legals. [Source]
- Amy Winehouse died unintentionally by consuming too much alcohol. [Source]