Jimmy Fallon and Mariah Carey ft. The Roots – All I Want For Christmas Is You
Have a wonderful Wednesday readers!
Have a wonderful Wednesday readers!
Here’s what I missed on Jimmy Fallon’s episode of Late Night last night. As soon as I saw that Christina Aguilera was a guest, I thought I could pass, but covering her single “Your Body” with office supplies is pretty funny.
It’s just not as funny as them covering Carly Rae Jepsen’s “Call Me Maybe” with children’s instruments.
I still…kind of really like this song, but I especially enjoy this remix.
Also…Jimmy Fallon and The Roots!
This kind of stuff doesn’t happen everyday!
- I am crossing my fingers that one of my favorite labels, Vena Cava, will pull through their financial troubles. [Source]
- The Versace for H&M collection has caused the UK E-commerce site to crash. The US site will launch fall 2012. [Source]
- Vera Wang is collaborating with Zales on a new engagement ring collection. [Source]
- Someone has stolen part of Marc Jacobs‘ collection! [Source]
- James Franco continues to add to his resume – makes the entire world look bad. The actor will direct and photograph the upcoming campaign for Seven For All Mankind. [Source]
- Mike Posner ruins “Wonderwall.” GAH!
- Sufjan Stevens is collaborating with The Roots. [Source]
- The babies are not a fan of Lady Gaga’s! After the parents of this baby suggested Lady Gaga hold this little one, it made this face. [Source]
- Scarlett Johansson will direct a film. [Source]
- The sequel to Star Trek will begin filming in January. [Source]
- Taylor Swift is going to be on 60 Minutes this weekend. Not missing that. [Source]
- We say goodbye to One Tree Hill. [Source]
- Steve Buscemi will host SNL on Dec. 3rd w/ The Black Keys as performers. [Source]
- The boycott petition to get the Kardashians off of the E! Network has reached 100K. [Source]
- The Ricki Lake Show will return in 2012. [Source]
- I don’t know about you guys, but the little chance of snow happening in Seattle this weekend is EXCITING! I hope it continues into next week too because having classes cancelled would really be the cherry on top of my fall quarter.
- Bluebird’s new Fremont shop opens Friday. [Source]
- Housewares designer, Jonathan Adler, will stop by Nordstrom on Dec. 1st. [Source]
- Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore are no more. [Source]
- Joe Paterno has a treatable form of lung cancer. [Source]
- Ashton Kutcher’s fling Sara Leal has gone public with her details to US Weekly. [Source]
- Ozzy Osbourne will be a grandfather again as his son Jack Osbourne is expecting. [Source]
- Maroon 5 and Kanye West will perform at this year’s Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show. [Source]
- Girls Aloud member Sarah Harding has checked into rehab. [Source]
- Jamie Bell looking extremely attractive on the cover of Vogue Hommes. [Source]
- Jared and Genevieve Padalecki are expecting. [Source]
- Conde Nast hoping to expand into the entertainment industry. [Source]
- NBC has purchased a new pilot called “Ten years” from Courteney Cox and David Arquette. [Source]
- Death Cab For Cutie is releasing a collection of remixed songs from their latest album “Codes and Keys.” Their first single is “Doors Unlocked and Open” with Cut Copy. You can download the remix EP on November 22. [Source]
- The Black Keys will be live streaming their concert tomorrow night at 4G Factory in New York City. The show starts at 11PM EST and will include an appearance by Questlove (The Roots.) You can stream the show from their Facebook page. [Source]
-Samuel L. Jackson is officially on Twitter! [Source]
- Let’s end this on an educational note! Here are the top 10 most expensive schools in the US and how much financial aid they provide. Barrrrf. [Source]
In gearing up for the holidays, I thought I would choose one of my favorite Christmas performances from last year’s episode of Late Night With Jimmy Fallon. Click here to watch the performance from his blog.
- That same Miu Miu applique dress has landed yet another cover for August making its appearance total to four covers this month. It really is one great dress… [source]
- The boys of Glee will co-host the Teen Choice Awards with Miss Katy Perry next month.
- Justin Timberlake’s William Rast Collection will collaborate with Target’s Go Fashion line to bring affordable denim to both fans and customers. Pieces are likely to range from $15-$80. [source]
- Jimmy Fallon is accused of sexual discrimination because of his preference with who he wants to work with. [source]
- Mel Gibson continues to be disgusting so Leonardo DiCaprio has decided to pull out of an upcoming film with him. Good choice Leo! [Source]
- Who is set to be more “present” on next season’s Glee? Click here to see!
John Legend and The Roots are releasing a new album! Check out the tracklisting here
- Jennifer Lopez will be replacing Ellen DeGeneres on American Idol next season. [Source]
Huge crush on Neil Patrick Harris
GQ introduces pantless Saturdays including Michael Cera and his Scott Pilgrim costars. NSFW or SFW at your own discretion. [Source]
- Zac Efron visited a strip club in New York and it was a BIG deal you guys. [source]
- Kanye West has got a Twitter account now y’all! Follow him here
- Another Victoria’s Secret model has let slip that Miranda Kerr may be pregnant? Maybe that’s why her and Orlando Bloom got married one month after announcing their engagement.
- W Magazine is pulling a “September Issue” and will be filming a documentary on the release of their September issue. Copycatters of Vogue much? [Source]
- Taylor Momsen has got an official album cover.
- Naomi Watts is the new face of Ann Taylor [Source]
in random news from The Daily What
The poor kid didn’t get to see any of his favorite animals at the zoo because all of the girls wanted to see “gentle animals.”
Awesome street art from Warsaw
The world’s oldest Twitter user passed away today at age 104. [source]
In Seattle news…
- The Picasso will be at the Seattle Art Museum this October. Find out more about how to get tickets here
- The Block Party has come and gone, now you can start making your schedule for Bumbershoot hour-by-hour here
The Grassroots production continues to take over Capitol Hill and it is awesome. [Source]