Last night, Robin Thicke performed his latest single “Blurred Lines” alongside Pharrell Williams and T.I. on The Voice! If you remember, this song was used in our Yow Yow! promo video so of course we did our duty in posting it.
Ugh say it isn’t so!
Am I the only one who thought The Voice was so much better this season without her and Cee Lo. Shakira and Usher have done such a great job as coaches and with them alongside Adam Levine and Blake Shelton, the show has had more of a focus on talent and not just there being a spectacle all the time with Cee Lo’s cat and Christina’s inappropriate outfits. Seriously, who is doing her wardrobe? I’m disappointed in this decision, but what can you do?
They all just look so much happier in the photo above…
Yesterday evening, Cassadee became the winner of the third season of The Voice! And I’m sure other former scene kids, like myself, were thrilled. She performed alongside friends of mine back in the day while she was a part of Hey Monday and while I never had the chance to meet her, I knew many people just like Cassadee.
It is always so exciting to see someone “make it.” And I flip flop back and forth on this argument because the music snob in me has definitely expressed negativity when I have seen bands sellout, but then you have a case like Cassadee. Someone who has worked her way up and further developed her sound over the years. She left a band and went solo – that alone is difficult, but what’s great about The Voice (and probably every other reality music television series – but mainly The Voice) is that she worked her way through each round continuously improving and impressing all of us. Because her path has been so similar to my friends, I know what she’s gone through. It is the shows at all of the local venues and teen centers in every state. It’s performing at music festivals like Warped Tour to hundreds and also to audiences of just ten people. We never forgot about you Cassadee and as a teenager who loved shows and was one of those ten, thank you for treating us like we were a crowd of a thousand. Here at Yow Yow! – we are so proud of Cassadee and even though Yow Yow! is just run by me – when I say we – I mean Veronica and I.
Let’s start with bad news.
RIP Das Racist.
I’ll never forget the time I almost worked with you for a show and you asked me for $10K when my budget was $3K. That’s life. I do, however, want to thank you for giving me this gem.
There’s a video of me butchering this song, but out of love. I’m truly sorry about that.
In other news…
Every time I see Cassadee Pope perform on this season of The Voice, I am shaking and crying inside a little bit. The former scene kid in me loves her and is rooting for her to succeed. Hey Monday was glorious, but we all know that Cassadee was bringing something much more to the table and she is shining this season. No matter what happens in the end, I know she’ll be successful and I know that everyone else who used to watch her at the smaller venues and in local teen centers feel the same way.
Hi, sweet dreams.
or deny that I have caught on to this UK boy band craze. I’ve got a weird little crush on The Wanted, but seriously…did you WATCH that performance on The Voice tonight? If you did, you would be in the same place.
It’s so great to see her and Meg performing together again! Want to jump in on the fun? Click here!
If you’re trying to figure out where she’s from, it’s because she was the runner up on the first season of The Voice!
EDIT: 9:21 PM
The live stream has now ended, but you can still watch the set by clicking the link above.
Before Dia Frampton got picked up for NBC’s The Voice, the lovely lady was writing and recording with her older sis Meg. They called themselves Meg & Dia and they were wonderful. Actually one of my top favorite songs in the world was by them – “Cardigan Weather.” Check out the sisters in their cover of Pursuit of Happiness by Kid Cudi.
Country crooner Blake Shelton has just announced his headlining tour and will be bringing along Justin Moore and mentee Dia Frampton along for the ride!
I never post about country music much less listen to it at all, but I am a huge fan of Dia and am so glad to hear of the great things that have come her way since being on The Voice.
There’s nothing like getting into a show the night of its finale.
I’ve realized that the reason why I have so many tabs up all of the time is because I am reminded of something that I then need to look up and then I’m thrown into this complete tangent. The five tabs I just opened up were because of research for something! So here’s what lead me to Dia Frampton. I was reading the Nylon blog in which they did a post about how Dia Frampton recently covered Kanye West’s “Heartless” on The Voice. Now I knew that Dia was a finalist, but I really hadn’t kept up with the show and now I wish I had. I googled Dia Frampton and found in the images … Meg & Dia – my once favorite sisterly singing duo!
I thought…it couldn’t be, but then again how common of a name is Dia Frampton? It’s not. Then I asked myself why Dia would be on The Voice when she was already so well known from Meg & Dia and had put out three amazing CD’s with her sister Meg? Who am I supposed to root for now? The Tacoma native Vicci Martinez or Dia Frampton?!
I guess I’m not surprised that she’s a finalist though cause the girl is GOOD!
- Miss Hailee Steinfeld is officially the new face of Miu Miu. [Source]
- Justin Bieber is launching a fragrance for his fans called “Someday.” [Source]
- People sometimes forget that riders exist for bands and musicians. Fulfilling Katy Perry’s sounds a little bit like a nightmare. [Source]
- Selena Gomez’s new album cover is somewhat questionable. [Source]
- Lady Gaga and Starbucks are collaborating on a scavenger hunt together! (Not sure what this means because I’m too lazy to read all the text and this is also the most random pairing ever, but here you go!) [Source]
- Friendly Fires released their new album “Pala” yesterday. [Source]
- Lady Gaga was named Forbes’ top celebrity. [Source]
- Glee’s Matthew Morrison will join The Backstreet Boys and The New Kids on the Block on their tour this summer. [Source]
- Kat Dennings makes her return to television in her new CBS comedy 2 Broke Girls. [Source]
- The judges from the current season of NBC’s The Voice will return for season two. [Source]
- Saturday Night Live promo Justin Timberlake
- Who’s getting excited for the return of Pretty Little Liars?! Summer TELEVISION, you are mine.
- This Saturday is Seattle University’s Quadstock, but as I’m sure you already know… it is for students only! Lucky us!
- Since you can’t make it to Quadstock, you should head on over to Cal Anderson for the first ever four-on-four dodge ball tournament. Sounds brutal. [Source]
oh Capitol Hill Seattle – you really are one of my favorite blogs!
- Model Lily Aldridge married Kings of Leon front man Caleb Followill last week in a custom-made Vera Wang wedding gown. [Source]
- Vogue Editor-in-Chief’ Anna Wintour’s daughter Bee Shaffer has fled to LA to work alongside Glee’s head honcho Ryan Murphy. While Bee is not working with Glee specifically, she is assisting him with his many projects that may or may not include Glee’s 3-d movie. [Source]
- Essie’s Summer 2011 Brazilliant collection is on my must-have list. [Source]
- James Franco has graduated from New York University. Which school will he end up at next? Correct answer – University of Houston in the fall. [Source]
- Arnold Schwarzenegger’s son Patrick is trying to drop his father’s name to take his mother’s. [Source]
- Kia Grasty describes what it is like to clean up after “privileged” college students who are the sons and daughters of well-known people in the industry for a living with a $140,000 salary. [Source]
- A Hello Kitty theme park will debut in China in 2014. OH MY GOODNESS! [Source]