photo cred | Fashionista
Who: Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel
Wearing: Both are in Tom Ford
Where: Time Magazine’s Annual 100 Gala in New York
- To celebrate the new Playboy club in London, Marchesa designer Georgina Chapman has created an updated version of the Playboy bunny suit. [Source]
- Designer Tory Burch has launched a new Tumblr showcasing her favorite people, places, and interests. Visit Torypedia.
- Lauren Bush and Judith Leiber have collaborated together in designing the FEED evening clutch.
“The clutch retails for $495, far less than many of Leiber’s more elaborately bejeweled minaudières, and $250 from every bag sold will go to supporting global food-supply programs. In fact, each sale will provide 1,000 school meals for children in need, the largest amount yet associated with one of FEED’s products.” [Source]
- Angelina Jolie is the new face of Louis Vuitton. [Source]
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen are debuting a new optical line. [Source]
- Above is the cover art for Bon Iver’s newest self-titled album due out June 21st, 2011. Tracklisting at the…[Source]
- Taylor Swift has bought herself an LA mansion. [Source]
- TV on the Radio bassist Gerard Smith has passed away after losing his battle with leukemia. [Source]
- Kanye West’s charity has closed. [Source]
- Ashley Fink and the Dalton Academy Warblers will also join New Directions on the Glee tour this summer. [Source]
- Detroit’s Movement Electronic Music Festival has released their lineup. [Source]
- Author James Frey will return to Oprah’s talk show in one of her last episodes to discuss his new book “The Final Testament of the Holy Bible” after she ripped him a new one five years ago for his book “A Million Little Pieces.” [Source]
- Chris Colfer has sold a pilot to the Disney Channel called The Little Leftover Witch. [Source]
- Justin Timberlake will host the May 21 season finale of Saturday Night Live with Lady Gaga as the musical guest. [Source] Stacked lineup.
- Demi Lovato has decided to leave her role on Disney’s “Sonny With a Chance” after receiving treatment for her eating disorder and bipolar disorder. She will continue to focus on her music career. [Source]
- Scream 4 actors Emma Roberts and Rory Culkin grace Nylon’s May 2011 Young Hollywood issue. [Source]
- Marion Cotillard will play Miranda Tate in “The Dark Night Rises” and Joseph Gordon-Levitt will play John Blake, a police officer. [Source]
- Bellevue Square prepares for Forever 21′s arrival. [Source]
- Capitol Hill will be the first location for the new morning parking meters for the late night parties. [Source]
- James Franco has been accepted into the University of Houston’s Creative Writing Program. [Source] Just stop it…
- Not everyone can tweet like Zooey Deschanel can. [Source]
- Jane Krakowski has given birth to a son. [Source]
- Meet TIME Magazine’s 100 Most Influential People of 2011. [Source]
- Didn’t watch your language on the court? MAKE A PSA! Nice Kobe. [Source]
- There is a new laser treatment called Axilase that will help you reduce your amount of sweat. [Source]
- Evan Rachel Wood admits to being bisexual. [Source]
Yesterday, Time Magazine published a new study showing that family dinners lessen the risk of children getting involved with drinking and drugs.
By having family dinners, parents are able to actively listen to their children. In general, it’s not about where you are, but rather, who you are with.
In a way, it makes clear sense. I’m sure it is something that we have always kind of known, but now a study just reaffirms this assumption.
I know these statistics reflect data collected about children, but this is definitely something I still do today with my own parents. Old habits never die.
Read the article here.