Recently No Doubt was forced to pull their latest music video for their single, “Looking Hot” because lead singer Stefani was wearing a Native American wear throughout the duration for it. It’s not like this was small news or anything. Everyone seemed to weigh in on it – bloggers, journalist, twitter users, and the Native American community. So I’m a little confused as to why the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show decided to go through with a look that Karlie Kloss wore involving a Native American headdress.
Were the designers and producers living under a rock? As soon as No Doubt’s controversial video was pulled, I would’ve thought that the show organizers would decide to pull the look as well. But, they didn’t. The look appeared down the runway and once again, everyone had an opinion on it and now Karlie Kloss will not appear in the television special wearing it this December.
People really ought to be paying more attention in this industry. #poortaste
Not even Hurricane Sandy could stop the filming of the annual Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show. While we all get to see the spectacle Tuesday, December 4th – the actual show was filmed just two nights ago.
And here are my favorite looks!
I may not be a regular at Victoria’s Secret, but I am a huge fan of the annual fashion show that airs on CBS every winter. I’ve always had an interest in runway shows, but what sets this one apart from all the others is that the models actually LOOK like they are having fun. Seriously, don’t you agree? They’re smiling, they’re dancing…there’s 300 pounds of glitter on the runway. Just picture that for a second. You would die if 300 pounds of glitter were on top of you. And that’s scary, but that’s what makes the show so successful. Well, that and all the models and the lingerie you know…
And now a tribute to my favorite Angels!
- Ashton Kutcher’s fling Sara Leal has gone public with her details to US Weekly. [Source]
- Ozzy Osbourne will be a grandfather again as his son Jack Osbourne is expecting. [Source]
- Maroon 5 and Kanye West will perform at this year’s Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show. [Source]
- Girls Aloud member Sarah Harding has checked into rehab. [Source]
- Jamie Bell looking extremely attractive on the cover of Vogue Hommes. [Source]
- Jared and Genevieve Padalecki are expecting. [Source]
- Conde Nast hoping to expand into the entertainment industry. [Source]
- NBC has purchased a new pilot called “Ten years” from Courteney Cox and David Arquette. [Source]
- Death Cab For Cutie is releasing a collection of remixed songs from their latest album “Codes and Keys.” Their first single is “Doors Unlocked and Open” with Cut Copy. You can download the remix EP on November 22. [Source]
- The Black Keys will be live streaming their concert tomorrow night at 4G Factory in New York City. The show starts at 11PM EST and will include an appearance by Questlove (The Roots.) You can stream the show from their Facebook page. [Source]
-Samuel L. Jackson is officially on Twitter! [Source]
- Let’s end this on an educational note! Here are the top 10 most expensive schools in the US and how much financial aid they provide. Barrrrf. [Source]
Victoria’s Secret model Adriana Lima debuted the fantasy bra that she will be wearing at the VS Fashion Show next month. The bra, designed by Damiani, is worth $2 million and is covered in 3,000 white diamonds and if that isn’t enough, they have also been “set in 18 karat white gold.”
I don’t know if I could ever wear something worth that much because I’d be too afraid of ruining it!