Emilia’s character on Game of Thrones is a big deal – I get it. I just appreciate her more as a style icon.
Who: Jessica Biel
Where: Saks Fifth Avenue
Alright, readers – Paris Fashion Week has come to a close and with that Fashion Month along with it. We’ll be back in the spring for the upcoming fall season coverage! In the meantime, here are some celebrities that dressed their best for the greatest event ever.
I found myself at my favorite book store in Capitol Hill last night and finally got a glimpse of the infamous September Issue by Vogue. Every year, I know that the issue is going to be massive, but I still find myself very curious and in need of holding it in my arms just to see how much bigger it is against my body. It’s amusing to me and as I’m sure – amusing to those around me.
By now, we know that Jennifer Lawrence is on the cover and looking stunning, but did you also know that the cover is making the rounds on Instagram under the hashtag #voguestagram?! Animals love fashion too, alright?
For more silly, click here.
Remember when this photograph was taken back in June of Karlie Kloss and Daft Punk? We weren’t aware at the time what this shoot might be for, but now we do. As expected, our girl Karlie is featured in a new editorial for Vogue’s August issue alongside Daft Punk and it’s just as fierce as we imagined it would be.
When the finale for the second season of Homeland aired, I felt like it would be an eternity until the show returned back to my television. Now, it seems like we’re so close to it! Claire Danes has been an icon on the red carpet ever since Homeland made its debut and has received high marks for all of her gowns. I guess it doesn’t hurt that she’s got her eye candy of a husband Hugh Dancy on her arm.
In Vogue’s latest issue, Claire Danes is stunning in this Homeland themed spread.
Could it be? Is America ready for a woman to become President? We just might be! Word on the street is that Hillary Clinton is thinking about running in 2016 and she’s already rounding up her troop of supporters – first with Oscar de la Renta and now Vogue Editor-In-Chief Anna Wintour. Oscar de la Renta announced his bid for her candidacy at the recent CFDA awards while Wintour expressed her praise for Clinton yesterday evening at the opening of the Oscar de la Renta retrospective.
Wintour first praised Clinton for “always look[ing] entirely appropriate wherever she was”–quite the about face from the Vogue editor considering that in her February 2008 editor’s letter she wrote, “I do think Americans have moved on from the power-suit mentality, which served as a bridge for a generation of women to reach boardrooms filled with men”–and went on to not-so-subtly hint at a Clinton presidency. “It’s anyone’s guess what the next chapter will be for this extraordinary woman,” Wintour told the crowd. “I can only hope that all of you here in Little Rock will be celebrating her come November 2016.”
This coming May, British Vogue will launch a new sister magazine called Miss Vogue targeted towards a younger audience just like Vogue’s Teen Vogue in the states. Growing up, I was a subscriber of Teen Vogue and now I can’t wait to see how Miss Vogue will turn out. Will it be just like TV or will they branch out and do something completely different? The first issue May/June will hit stands nationwide on May 6th.
Who will be the cover girl? Will there be more Cara D? Probably.
- Rooney is the new February Vogue cover girl. [Source]
- Beyonce is rumored to be the new face of H&M. [Source]
- Adam Levine and Nicki Minaj will be collaborating with Kmart to put out clothing and accessory lines. [Source]
- The Coveteur will be hosting a children’s theme all week and is currently featuring Suri Cruise. [Source]
- Alber Elbaz will be launching a makeup collection with Lancome [Source]
- Yeah Yeah Yeahs announce new album “Mosquito.” [Source]
- Ryan Gosling could have been a Backstreet Boy. [Source]
- Denzel Washington took his 21-year old daughter Olivia to the Golden Globe Awards Sunday evening as his date, but the media thought she was actually his wife Pauletta who is 62. #awkward [Source]
- Netflix has signed a deal to stream a new batch of shows including: Adventure Time, The West Wing, Fringe, Chuck and many more. [Source]
Tommy Lee Jones’s grump face at the Golden Globes is now an internet meme. Naturally. [Source]
- Pickwick will release their debut album “Can’t Talk Medicine” on March 12. For now, here is a cover of “Lady Luck” with Sharon Van Etten [Source]
- Top Pot will open its first drive-thru in Issaquah. [Source]
- Seattle’s new Bullitt Center may be the greenest building ever. That’s Seattle for ya! [Source]
- Lindsay Lohan made yet another huge life mistake by firing her lawyer Shawn Holley and also owing her $300K in unpaid fees [Source]
- Microsoft will shut down MSN Messenger on March 15, 2013 after 13 years. [Source]
- Kate Middleton is due in July. [Source] And so is Kimye’s baby.
- Actress Lena Dunham has pledged that she won’t get married until all gay people can get married. [Source]
- Miss America Contestant Allyn Rose says the she will get a double mastectomy after she has completed a year of service as Miss DC or Miss America since her mother, aunt, and grandmother have all passed away from breast cancer. [Source]
- New Myspace is now open to the public. Meanwhile, I am still very very cautious about it. [Source]
I’m not a tennis player or anywhere close to being an athlete, but I certainly know how to appreciate art and design…even on objects that I would never use. Vogue asked several designers including Peter Som, Rag & Bone, Tory Burch, and even the designer of my glasses – Warby Parker – among others to design their own tennis balls. Check out the results here.
Emma Stone is pretty much my girl of 2012. She has snagged quite a few blockbusters within the last year, has risen to be a style icon, and is dating her Spiderman co-star Andrew Garfield. Her life is awesome. Her outfits are fantastic. We all wish we can be Emma Stone. End of story.
Unfortunately, I’m a little behind on my news having not blogged consistently for the past couple of weeks, but this is the best I could do!
- Designer Tracy Feith will design for TOMS Shoes. The designer was known for his highly successful collection for Target. [Source]
- Vogue has announced that they will no longer be working with models under the age of 16 or models who look unhealthy. [Source]
- Justin Timberlake is still not returning to music because he’s too busy working on a design line for HomeMint. [Source]
- The Wanted’s latest track, “Chasing the Sun” will be used as the title track for Ice Age 4: Continental Drift. [Source]
- Earlier this week, a first-grader was suspended for singing the line “I’m sexy and I know it” from LMFAO’s latest song. [Source]
- Teen Wolf Season 2. It’s almost here. [Source]
- Will Jeopardy host, Alex Trabek, leave the show? I sure hope not. [Source]
- Britney Spears and Demi Lovato have joined The X Factor. [Source]
- The Jonas Brothers are getting a reality show on E! y’all! [Source]
- Twilight’s Kellan Lutz has just signed on to play Tarzan in the new animated film. [Source]
- And yet another trailer for The Amazing Spider Man.
- Outkast’s Andre 3000 will begin shooting for the Jimi Hendrix biopic next month. [Source]
- The Seattle International Film Festival (SIFF) lineup is up! [Source]
- A new Seattle spot is opening up and it is dedicated to one of my favorite desserts – the Molten Chocolate Cake. Hot Cakes Molten Chocolate Cakery will open up later on this month. [Source]
- Demi Moore has officially changed her Twitter handle. [Source]
- Jessica Simpson finally gave birth to a baby girl named Maxwell Drew Johnson.
- RIP to the Beastie Boys’ Adam “MCA” Youch. He passed away Friday at age 47 after battling cancer for two years.
- Kings of Leon’s Jared Followill has proposed to model Martha Patterson. The two have been dating for only a few months. [Source]
- SNL’s Taran Killam and HIMYM’s Cobie Smulders will marry this September. [Source]