Every time I come home for a weekend or for break, my OnDemand channel always let me catch up on older episodes of The OC. As I was watching two eps. from the second season today while eating breakfast, I started to wonder why The OC was so successful. I loved the show. Many people enjoyed it, but why was this show any different? Why is The OC more recognized than One Tree Hill or Smallville? These are the reasons I have come up with:
– The show was well liked by both males and females
– The show produced GREAT music. Indie rock at its best.
– You liked all of the main characters (Ryan, Marissa, Seth, and Summer)
– Newport Harbor High was way better than your highschool ever was
– It introduced new vocabulary to your every day life like Christmakah, stealth, brooding, etc. We all know that you never used to say that until The OC came along!
– Death Cab For Cutie performed on an episode
– It brought to light a new kind of humor
– They always rotated new characters in to create more excitement, but when you got tired of them, their exit timing was appropriate.
– They dressed well!
– You always knew in the end the Summer and Seth would end up together and Ryan and Marissa …sort of
– The OC lasted four strong seasons – well maybe 3 cause Marissa died.
– Catchy theme song – Phantom Planet’s California
– The OC launched the careers of all of the actors and actresses
– The OC really stands for “THE Orange County,” making it sound 10x more epic