My friend’s band Dyno Jamz is performing tonight at Chop Suey alongside Theoretics and 10th and Commerce. It’s predominantly a hip hop show, but sure to be amazing. The guys in Dyno Jamz are incredibly talented and put on great shows. Not only did they win EMP’s Sound Off competition last year, they also had a spot at Bumbershoot in September. If you have the chance, go out and see them.
It’s an all-ages show – 8 pm doors – show is at 9pm – $10
[All in Chanel at the Tribeca Film Festival Dinner]
(above) Kristen Bell
um so cool.
Sandals by Twelfth Street by Cynthia Vincent in blue and black contrast please!
It’s spring time and things are starting to heat up…everywhere except Seattle where it still rains, shines, and snows here all in one day. But seriously, after this, it will start to get hotter and the sun will be out and your skin will start frying. If you’re a faker…take it from someone who used to be a fan of the artificial sun, if you must, opt for a spray. Don’t turn yourself orange, people will point at you and laugh. Besides I heard a few months ago from my friend Wes that the warning on tanning beds now read: Will cause cancer.
The Swiss Cancer Foundation just recently made quite the statement at public swimming pools.
Our skin never forgets
Three sunbathing tips:
1. Apply sunscreen 30 minutes before
2. High sun protection factor
3. Avoid midday sun
Erin Hanson has created a series of new inspirational posters showing us the difference between Need and Want. It speaks a lot louder than you would think.
ecoideasnet decided to spread awareness about current environment issues in the most creative way possible! Believe it or not these fluffy polar bear shaped clouds are made from a combination of helium and natural soap. These polar bears were constructed behind large icebergs before they were released into the air and free to fly.
“The aim of the display is to provoke the onlooker to consider a deeper, more environmentally dire meaning contained within each cloud: Are these, metaphorically speaking, endangered-animal souls being sent to heaven? Or are the forms simply a representation of how delicate and short-lived the state of our current bear population is?”
Cloud watching just got 10x more fun in Japan.
Julian Casablancas – 11th Dimension
– The movie, The Hobbit will be released in December 2013. It has been pushed back two years from its original date of December 2011. Bummer.
– Eva Longoria has launched a new perfume called “Eva” by Eva Longoria. Very original.
– Ricky Gervais will host next year’s Golden Globes.
– Apparently, Lady Gaga has recently been living off of baby food. This may be the cause for her extreme weight loss.
Sandra Bullock has officially filed for divorce from Jesse James and meanwhile adopted her son 3 and 1/2 month old Louis Bardo Bullock. This was something that she was planning on keeping very quiet until after the Oscars.
– Farrar, Straus and Giroux will release a private collection of writing pieces from Marilyn Monroe which include poems, correspondence, rare photos, as well as reproductions of documents handwritten by the blond bombshell herself. Source
– The hit movie “How to Train a Dragon” will be getting a sequel in the second half of 2013
– Julia Roberts is the most beautiful person in the world voted by People Magazine. She’s already been on four of these covers and on this list 12 times.
– Lindsay Lohan’s father started a nasty tweet rumor saying that she was HIV positive. Father of the year everyone. We are… not sure if this is true?