Both Capitol Hill Block Party and Bumbershoot will be releasing their partial lineup on June 1st.
Capitol Hill Block Party has transformed from a 2-day festival to a 3-day and Bumbershoot will be celebrating their 40th anniversary.
On a sad note, we say goodbye to San Diego’s Street Scene. This is a let down on all levels because a) I love San Diego b) I was planning on going back for round two this summer and c) This was one of the best shows that I have ever been to regardless of my failed attempt to get on stage w/ the god that is Gregg Gillis. I still got to watch Holy Fuck, Matt & Kim, Chromeo, and Girl Talk. Best. Night. Ever.
but wait…I’ll let you in on a little secret…
Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros – Home
What a great song this is…
I will have lots and lots of posts for you this weekend!! The countdown to summer has already begun and even though this is my hardest week it has been the best week. Here’s hoping that a little sunshine will come through for you this Memorial Day Weekend.
Have fun @ Sasquatch, Folk Life, Chelan or wherever you are!
I’m ready for summer.
States – Time to Begin
I recently did a post about the new band States featuring two members from Copeland and one Mindy White from Lydia. Both bands have decided to part ways, but it’s not often that someone great comes out of a breakup. This time, we are lucky to have States. This is just the beginning. I can’t wait to see what they put out next 🙂 Enjoy!
I wanted my nose and belly button pierced, ears gauged, and a lip tattoo.
It’s safe to say that I have none of the above. I saved a lot of money…and pain.
Joe Jonas and Demi Lovato split
[just when things were starting to get good! This is too bad. I hope they have fun on tour together!]
– U2 has decided to cancel their North American tour and their Glastonbury performance.
– The Pac Man Google was so popular that they decided to create a homepage for it here You should also take note of these stats that came along with it:
. Most people conduct 22 searches on Google in a typical day, with each lasting 11 seconds. On the day Pac-Man was introduced it boosted this average to 36 seconds.
· Google Pac-Man consumed 4,819,352 hours of time in total.
· Lost productivity totaled $120,483,800, assuming the average Google user has a cost of $25/hour (note that cost is 1.3 – 2.0 X pay rate).
· That $120 million is enough to pay all 19,835 Google employees for 6 weeks.
2010 Rock the Bells lineup
Aug. 21 – NOS Events Center in San Bernardino, CA
Aug. 22 – Shoreline Amphitheater in San Francisco, CA
Aug. 28 – Governer’s Island in New York
Aug. 29 – Merriweather Pavilion in Washington D.C.
– The Strokes are back in the studio!
– Lady Gaga will appear on Larry King next week!
– The movie “A Time to Kill” will be on the Broadway stage
– Lindsay Lohan is now wearing an alcohol monitoring device around her ankle.
– Brandon Flowers of The Killers will be releasing a solo album.
– The late Brittany Murphy’s husband Simon Monjack was also found dead this past Sunday night at their home in Hollywood Hills. He was found by Brittany Murphy’s mother.
Sarah Jessica Parker (Mrs. Carrie Bradshaw) in Valentino Couture!
Kristin Davis in Jean Dessès. 4. I wish her hair were down!
Kim Cattrall in Naeem Khan 4.3
Cynthia Nixon in Carolina Herrera – 4
– Confidence is key when giving a presentation. You might feel safe reading off of your paper or your note cards, but I feel uncomfortable. I’d rather have you wing it and give me an honest opinion with mess ups here and there then listen to a robot.
– Eating does not fill the void you are looking for, but not eating may make that void even bigger.
– Learn to appreciate the programs and events that are hosted by organizations in your school. They’re for you and there is so much planning and thought that goes into it.
– Don’t be afraid of change.
– You will grow up. Some faster than others.
– College drama is the same as high school drama. Hearing about it makes me judge you. Just sayin’…
– Instead of shuffling through your iTunes when studying, make a playlist beforehand. You’ll save a lot of time.
– Living on campus is not that bad even if people tell you otherwise. Make good choices and you won’t have any problems.
– Stressing out gives you canker sores… noted.
– You’re lucky to be here. When school gets tough and you start to question why you came in the first place think of the person you would be without it.
– When I don’t post often, it’s because of school. HOBviously.
Things I realized about myself:
– It makes me sad to hear when people transfer, but I find comfort in knowing that they’ll be happier.
– I’m unhappy with my major because I don’t find that I excel in it like everyone does at theirs. I probably wouldn’t be the person that I am today without it.
Thank you cards can go a long way. My mother always made me send a thank you card anytime a relative sent me a present or birthday money. In fact, it was almost more of a demand and a threat at the same time. “If you don’t send a thank you card they will never send you anything ever again!”
Now, I find myself saying thank you more often than not. When the boys of the swim team threw me my birthday party at the swim house this year, I bought them all thank you cards and addressed each of them individually and to top it off, I included a $5 gift card to Starbucks. Five boys live in that house.
When my job concluded, I sent my boss a thank you card. He sent me back a new read! Thank you cards can take you a long way, but a simple thank you will take you even further.
Enjoy this time waster site THXTHXTHX it’s awfully cute.