It starts tomorrow!
It starts tomorrow!
Lucky for me, Seattle University does not include dates on mine.
Evertt Hiller is the life of the party. He has clearly thrown some of the best parties on the block if President Obama, Keanu Reeves, and Bill Murray have all made appearances at them. Did you ever imagine you’d be seeing those three in the same place? It’s probably unlikely that you would because they definitely do not roll in the same circle. Evertt is actually just very talented in Photoshop. Every year, he sends out his holiday party photos to his friends to show them what they missed out on.
Check out the rest of the A-listers here
Yesterday, the Neptune Theater in the U-District announced in an official statement that they would be shutting down as a movie theater. However, the building will be transformed into another Seattle music venue owned by STG. STG is responsible for other venues within the city including The Paramount and The Moore Theater. While some locals are not too pleased about the news, I am ecstatic! I can’t wait to see what shows will come to the new theater.
The Neptune Theater will stop running in February 2011 and will then begin its transition into a music venue.
I was disappointed when Alexa Chung’s MTV show was canceled earlier this year, but I knew that it would only be a matter of time before she was back in the spotlight once again. The stylish, quirky, and charismatic host will soon be returning to the tube. Why MTV decided to cancel her show? I have no idea. Big mistake.
Alexa will star in a new show called “Thrift America” to be aired on PBS in which she will travel in both the states and in Europe perusing flea markets, thrift stores, and garage sales for the best finds! She’ll be seeking out clothing, furniture, and various other items and documenting them into her own show.
Where have you heard this song?
World of Jenks!
When I was a young girl picturing my first date, the ideal outfit that came to my mind was a pair of denim worn with a plain t-shirt and a black fitted blazer. I remember my assumption was that this was the most flattering outfit for any guy. If they were wearing this, they would make any girl swoon. I believed in this idea until the d-bags from The Hills ruined it for me.
To be honest, most girls don’t worry too much about what their potential guy is wearing. It is not as crucial as personality, overall looks, or even a sense of humor.
However, this isn’t an aspect that I think guys should take lightly. The Frisky created a post today about the 30 Things Guys Should Never Wear on a First Date. Using some of the items they noted, here are my reasons why they should NEVER be worn on a first date (or any date for that matter)
1. A bow tie. Don’t give me the impression that your mother dressed you.
2. A tuxedo. Because you shouldn’t make me look under dressed.
3. Women’s underpants. This will scare ANY girl away. Just don’t. Please.
4. Makeup. Are you sure you’re on a date with the right person?
5. Self-tanner. If I wanted a gorilla juice head, I would ask for one.
6. A sleeveless shirt. This is the worst. I don’t care how warm it is outside, wearing a sleeveless shirt gives off the impression that you don’t take this date very seriously. More importantly, it makes you look sloppy.
7. Skinny jeans. I have no problem with this – as long as you don’t look better than me [in skinny jeans.] or overall.
8. Dirty clothes. This is embarrassing.
9. Super baggy jeans. No. No. No. At one glance, girls will turn away from the date and walk right back where they come from.
10. A team jersey. You got lazy with this one.
11. An Ed Hardy baseball cap. I will never date anyone who wears Ed Hardy or any imitation Ed Hardy. Try hard much Jon Gosselin?
12. A wifebeater. NEVER!
13. Too much cologne. I hear Abercrombie girls like that, but not this girl or the next girl.
14. A gold chain/jewelry in general. I never understood this and probably never will. Unless it’s a meaningful piece I won’t allow it. Gold chains are a definite no.
15. A goatee. Gross. The same goes for weird looking facial hair. Take care of it before you go on a date.
16. Over-waxed brows. High maintenance – no thanks.
This weekend only, the Seattle International Film Festival (SIFF) will be showing an exclusive version of The Wizard of Oz called The Dark Side of Oz. Watch your favorite classic join forces with Pink Floyd’s Dark Side of the Moon album.
DO NOT approve. Oh my god, why can’t he stay 16 forever… I hate when child stars grow up and make drastic changes to themselves like getting a new look.
…DGAF about Justin Bieber.
Let’s just lol some more at his autobiography. Can’t handle this.