31 Dec 2014
[Sunday Best Sexton Dress]
I got a little too excited about New Year’s Eve tonight and what I’d be wearing that I pulled on my outffit right out of the shower. I still have a few errands to run, but I’m thinking about just pulling a sweater over this so that I can continue wearing it. Does that sound like an acceptable idea? I recently purchased this dress along with many other pieces from the Aritzia sale and instantly knew that it was going to be New Year’s Eve worthy. While it’s a little bit of a sexy dress, there are plenty of opportunities to dress it down. It also flares out at the bottom so it doesn’t cling to your body like it looks like it would in this photo above. I’ve also been itching to own a little velvet in my collection recently, but could never opt for anything that was all velvet so the dainty velvet floral on this is just perfect.
I’m pairing this with a minimalistic gold bar necklace, my Catbird ring and my new stack ring from Madewell along with my newest Vince Camuto black heels. More pictures later, we promise!
31 Dec 2014
New Year’s Eve is totally a couples holiday, right? I’ve never met a person who was single at the time of New Year’s Eve who has told me that they have loved the holiday. So while it’s New Year’s Eve and all, this post is the most fitting. Americans have varying levels of PDA. Some people are comfortable with it and some people just won’t even go there. Maybe there’s a few people that take it to the extremes too and for those, we like to take pictures and post them because we think it’s funny. In South Korea, you won’t see a lot of the American style PDA that we know of – the kissing and the making out, etc. Instead, you’ll see couples dressing alike to show their affection. In America, sometimes this happens by coincidence, but in South Korea, it’s on purpose. I’m sure to the outside world, it’s a little strange, but I find it to be quite endearing. I don’t think I would ever feel comfortable doing that here in the states, personally, but it’s pretty cute to see a different version of PDA around the world.
30 Dec 2014
Favorite Style Icon: Lily Aldridge
Lily is a style icon both on the runway and on the red carpet. This year, we really got to see her show up at a lot of events dressed to perfection. She was featured in our “Snaps for a Snapshots” several times in 2014 so even by the numbers alone, she beats everyone else. We’re looking forward to seeing more of her in 2015 and someday taking over the head angel slot when Adriana and Alessandra retire.
Runner up: Jamie Chung
Read more “Favorites of 2014”
30 Dec 2014
Happy almost New Years readers! We’re really looking forward to 2015 and what’s in store not only for me, but also for Yow Yow! We never go into the new year with a plan so it’s always a surprise for us. There’s a whole lot of love today in this post because well, everyone is getting engaged and love is just all we’re thinking about right now.
Read more “A Collection Part 41”
29 Dec 2014
DV by Dolce Vita Shani Heels –
As I mentioned earlier in my resolutions post, we’re upping our style game in 2015! Dolce Vita is one of my favorite brands for shoes and I’m never disappointed with the current selection that they offer on their website. From sassy heels to edgy boots and summer sandals, I just want them all in my closet. Now.
Read more “Dolce Vita for 2015”
29 Dec 2014
Khleo Thomas ft Sean Roxs – Tonight
You guys, Khleo Thomas was “Zero” in Holes. How’s that for a throwback?
29 Dec 2014
Happy winter wedding Mondays y’all! I swear, someone I know has been getting engaged every day since I’ve been home. Aww holiday loveeee. Can always count on Facebook to rub that in to all us single folk!
I actually just watched this video for the first time the other day and loved the whole summer camp vibe of it. The bride and the groom looked so cute together. I love how it looks like they pulled this wedding together without a whole lot of frills and a whole lot of simplicity. Even though I didn’t see the breakdown, it looks like was a real friend and family affair – which is always the best kind – to have the ones closest in your circle helping you out on your big day.
29 Dec 2014
Last year, I didn’t make a resolutions post. I had just moved to a new city and started a job a few months before and back then, I didn’t really know what to expect out of the year. In fact, sometimes I think when you go into things without any expectations at all, you end up surprising yourself. 2014 was a wonderful year filled with joy, challenges, wins, loss, and a whole lot of love both near and far. Having finally moved away from home for the first time, I learned how difficult it could be to not have visability into everything happening back in Seattle, but that I had to also survive on my own for the first time and not rely on others that I knew were just a phone call away.
Well it’s been a year. I took everything day by day and though I’m not writing this from Seattle, I finally feel like I have a firm grasp on my new home and my two feet on the ground. So there’s some things that I really want to strive for in 2015 and I think we can do it and we should. I’m about to turn 25 in a few months and I think naturally 25 is just meant to be an awesome year for everyone.
- Be more of an adult – I’m going to get another credit card which I’m excited about because not only do I think it’s just time for another one, I know it will really challenge me to be more on top of my finances. I’m going to discipline myself to save more and more each month because I’ve wasted a lot of time not saving when I could have. My dear friend Toby told me recently that she wish she would have started this when she was my age. She just bought a house and someday I’m going to need to the same! I’m also going to rip off a chunk from my student loans and there’s no better feeling than getting that balance closer to zero. The average time it takes to pay off your student loans is 10 years and my goal is to beat that!
- Make smart purchases – I’m someone that loves gift giving, but I realize sometimes I do these outside of the gift giving windows ie) holidays/birthdays. I need to practice spending money not just for the sake of spending it, but spending it on worthwhile purchases. I also need to make sacrifices and understand when it’s okay to make a smart purchase for myself for things I really need even the ones that are a little bit more costly, but absolutely necessary.
- Dress better – Working in tech, it can be easy to choose comfort over style. Getting dressed for work has never been easier because I know that I can literally show up in anything and be fine with it, but what I didn’t realize is that what I wear impacts how I feel about myself and my day. I recently tried to attempt the fancy sweatpants look because of the latest trend and realized I never felt as lazy as I did when I wore those to work. Like every new school year and every new year, it’s time to just purge the closet and start the new year off with a new wardrobe.
- Channel Taylor Swift – I’ve got a love/hate relationship with Taylor Swift. I don’t always understand her, but what I’ve always appreciated is that she has a strong group of girlfriends always behind her. Team Katie was a nice reminder at home this time around, but I can’t take them with me back to the Bay and I’ve gotta have that strong support system with me down there too. I’ve forgotten how important it is to have those “girl nights” and I’ve really missed them!
- Wear high heels – At 25 years old, I’m going to trade in my everyday flats for heels and my vasaline for lipstick. One thing that I’ve always struggled with is looking my age (sometimes that can’t be helped!) but sometimes you can change it and it starts with your every day routine.
- Treat myself to a vacation – After moving away, I felt a really strong pull to visit Seattle often. I was lucky to have been able to 3 times this past year, but now that I know that Seattle just isn’t going anywhere, I’d like to take advantage of 2015 by taking a vacation for me and going somewhere for an extended period of time. I always said that since I never had the opportunity to study abroad, that I would save it until after I graduated school and it looks like that time is pretty much now. I have been thinking about affordability to go and do this, but if I’m stuck for some cash then I can always go and see this page about a vacation loan that can help me make this a reality, so at least I have that.
- Stay active – Last year, I took a few hikes and spent some time climbing. I’d like to do more of that this year and follow-through with some of the things I’ve been wanting to do like that dance class that I’ve been putting off and SoulCycle in the city.
So readers, as you inch closer to the new year, are you starting to write up your New Year’s resolutions? We’d love to know!