First off, you should know that both Britt and Kaitlyn aren’t very happy about having to share the title as The Bachelorette this season. However, they are being good sports about it because if they were visibly unhappy then that would make them unlikable and not the girl that audiences will want to root for.
What you should know about Britt:
- Britt received the “First Impression” rose on Chris Soules’s season of The Bachelor which means that she was the one that stood out to him the most and she was safe from elimination the first night while all the girls panicked and turned to alcohol. This immediately put a target on her back for the rest of the season and she became a threat to the other girls.
- Britt is VERY pretty, but she may not be naturally pretty. She was once woken up early in bed for a date with Chris wearing a full face of makeup, which most viewers found to be pretty strange – myself included. Who puts makeup on before going to bed?
- She’s a crier! Britt definitely shed a lot of tears on the show which the other girls (and most girls in general) find to be a little too much.
- The other girls thought that Britt was fake for a couple of reasons and these were brought up in the season a number of times. 1. Britt told a couple of girls that she couldn’t see herself getting married yet and starting a family. A few clips after, she basically told Chris that she wanted a million kids and couldn’t wait to start a family. 2. Another time the girls took a road trip to Chris’s hometown in Iowa and the girls “say” that she could never imagine herself living there, but in another clip she tells Chris that she finds his hometown to be beautiful and that she could definitely see herself starting a life there with him. It’s important that we take these instances with a grain of salt because we all know how sneaky the producers and editors of this show can be.
In my opinion, I think that Britt seems like a really nice girl. One contestant constantly bullied her behind Britt’s back throughout the season and instead of trying to put Britt down, she made Britt look like the better person. A lot of the negativity that was directed at Britt could be attributed to just pure jealously.
What you should know about Kaitlyn:
- Kaitlyn had one of the best opening lines to a Bachelor that I had ever heard! Upon meeting Chris, she greeted him with “I don’t know much about you. I know you are a farmer. You can plow the (bleep) out of my field any day.” It was cheeky and showed off her sense of humor even though it was slightly inappropriate. That doesn’t really matter though because Chris gave her a rose at the end of the night because he clearly found her to be funny.
- Kaitlyn is kind of a guys’ girl. While Britt played the girl next door type, Kaitlyn was seen as “one of the boys” or the girl that can just “roll with things.” On her first date with Chris, they spent the day at Costco. To most girls, they would probably hate this, but Kaitlyn was willing to have fun with herself and enjoy her time with Chris showing that you can make the most of any boring date. Later on she had dinner with Chris and Jimmy Kimmel which made her even more likable as she made jokes along with the comedian.
- Kaitlyn is kind of wild. She’s a dance instructor so upon meeting Chris had no problem showing him some dance moves that he performed awkwardly on television. On a getaway date with other girls she took off her swimsuit bottoms and jumped into the water to which Britt later on scolded Chris for condoning that kind of behavior.
- She wasn’t happy about her elimination in Bali as one of the last three girls. Kaitlyn has been a positive contestant all along, but in her breakup scene with Chris, she showed a lot of vulnerability which I think audiences kind of liked seeing and felt like they could relate to. She mentioned how she had had her guard up all season long and felt like she really put herself out there so her elimination was just downright humiliating – something most contestants leaving don’t admit to. It was refreshing to see her tell it like it is.
I’m interested in seeing how Kaitlyn takes on the role of The Bachelorette and am curious to see if she’ll show both sides to her of being the funny and quirky girl while also being serious enough to put herself out there to the guys and wanting to find love.
Readers, who will you be rooting for tomorrow during the premiere?!