I had the best meal that I’ve ever had in San Francisco last week and I’m still thinking about it. One of my best friends was in town last weekend and her, her boyfriend, and I along with her group of girlfriends in SF got together for an incredible feast at Tony’s Pizza in North Beach. First off, this is minor, but let me just say that driving to North Beach takes forever! I felt like my drive home back to South Bay was a road trip in itself. I didn’t actually get any photos of any of the dishes that we ate that night, but everything was a party in my mouth. I woke up the next morning wanting to just eat their meatballs for breakfast or for dessert. That’s what those did to me. Here are all of the things that we ordered and if you’re a lover of Italian food, then you should order the same. We actually dined with someone that worked at the restaurant so she took care of the ordering and none of us were left disappointed:
- Lillet Blanc Fries – basically pork fat fries. I could eat these for days.
- Caesar Salad – w/ Anchovies!
- Deep Fried Green Beans
- Chorizo Mussels
- Meatball Gigante – wild mushroom, pancetta, cream sauce. You will die. It’s so good.
- Margherita Pizza – basically the best I’ve ever had. They only make 73 a day.
- Eddie Muenster Pizza – with fried kale and carmelized stuff. Yum.
I am very hungry right now after writing this.