Instagram revealed their new look a couple of days ago and I wanted to give myself a some days to play around with the new app before I made up my mind about it. Instagram is probably my most favorite app that I use these days and it’s already been a year since we started changing directions in the way we took photos, but we’re loving every little bit of it.
Here’s what I love about the new changes:
- It’s so much faster! Loading the app, scrolling through my feed, everything feels fast. Though, I did just acquire a new phone so that could be it also.
- I think the new icon looks nice – I love the purple/orange gradient though I still feel a little bit nostalgic for the old icon and the old school camera. It was an app that really stood out among all my other apps
- I like when you receive new notifs that the red hearts at the bottom are this pretty magenta/coral color instead of just solid red.
- This new video that they created about how the new logo came to be!
Here’s what I miss about the old app:
- Sometimes when I receive a notif that someone has followed me or liked a photo of mine, I get a little pop-up, but because I’m not used to the new icon, I confuse it with Pinterest.
- Everything is so black and white! The all black text kind of throws me off a little bit.
- I kind of miss the red hearts
We’re not one of those people that says that we hate it and want it to go back already to the old version. It’s funny to me how there are always those people that say that every time. Some people just can’t handle change…
You can read more about the change here.