How do people do it? I feel like this is something I should have mastered by now as an adult, but I really haven’t at all. After getting 3 hours of sleep last night and having to wake up at 5:00 AM to get ready for a 7:40 AM flight, I was pretty much counting on getting some sleep for my 2 hour flight to Seattle. But when that flight came, I was completely unprepared and I’d love to know how people do it? There are so many factors on a flight that I think can deter just about anyone from getting some sleep so here are my thoughts on that and maybe some things I’ve probably been doing wrong.
- How do you get some sleep when there are… natural odors around you that might prevent you from sleeping because you’re trying to find another way to just breathe normally?
- There’s a child behind you. They can’t seem to get their feet firmly planted on the ground.
- Every time we take off, I’m afraid to close my eyes because I fear that someday I’m going to be that one person that is sitting next to one that doesn’t realize they have motion sickness and that is my WORST fear.
- What if you’re in the middle seat (like I always am – I realize that this is sort of my own fault though) and the person in the window needs to get up and use the bathroom?
- You don’t want to miss the flight attendants when they come by with snackies and beverages
- I listen to my music on low when I’m on a flight with my eyes closed. Does the changing of a track affect me from sleeping soundly? Probably and then there’s that whole thing about wanting to switch songs if you don’t like it so you have to open your eyes for that too.
- If you’re in the middle seat, do you just sleep completely upright? These are things that I think about.
Oh man, I really hope I’m not the only one that has these thoughts.