10 Jul 2016
Kungs Vs. Cookin’ on 3 Burners – This Girl
It’s just one of those things where we’re not exactly sure what it is, but we still love it anyways. I’ve been waking up to this song for the last week and a half or so and only just added it to my Spotify playlists tonight. For the past few summers, my coworker and I are always trying to figure out what the song of the summer is going to be. I thought it was going to be “One Dance,” but this jam feels like a better fit maybe?
09 Jul 2016
Which do we prefer… Tory or Drake?!
03 Jul 2016
How do people do it? I feel like this is something I should have mastered by now as an adult, but I really haven’t at all. After getting 3 hours of sleep last night and having to wake up at 5:00 AM to get ready for a 7:40 AM flight, I was pretty much counting on getting some sleep for my 2-hour flight to Seattle. But when that flight came, I was completely unprepared and I’d love to know how people do it? I’ve heard that some people take sleeping pills, CBD or cannabis to help them sleep better. However, I’ve never tried that. My friend always tells me that traveling with marijuana doesn’t have to be dangerous, especially if you have a medical condition for example. Maybe I’ll have to look into that and see if I’d be able to travel with cannabis.
Although I’m told there are a lot of other ways to fall asleep on a plane, but there are so many factors on a flight that I think can deter just about anyone from getting some sleep so here are my thoughts on that and maybe some things I’ve probably been doing wrong.
- How do you get some sleep when there are… natural odors around you that might prevent you from sleeping because you’re trying to find another way to just breathe normally?
- There’s a child behind you. They can’t seem to get their feet firmly planted on the ground.
- Every time we take off, I’m afraid to close my eyes because I fear that someday I’m going to be that one person that is sitting next to one that doesn’t realize they have motion sickness and that is my WORST fear.
- What if you’re in the middle seat (like I always am – I realize that this is sort of my own fault though) and the person in the window needs to get up and use the bathroom?
- You don’t want to miss the flight attendants when they come by with snackies and beverages
- I listen to my music on low when I’m on a flight with my eyes closed. Does the changing of a track affect me from sleeping soundly? Probably and then there’s that whole thing about wanting to switch songs if you don’t like it so you have to open your eyes for that too.
- If you’re in the middle seat, do you just sleep completely upright? These are things that I think about.
Oh man, I really hope I’m not the only one that has these thoughts.
03 Jul 2016
In the Bay Area, all my friends and I have been obsessed with Poke lately. There have been so many spots popping up around us including one that is just 5 blocks away from our workplace which in our opinion – is a little dangerous! I happened to be a little famished when I saw this Poke burger show up on the interwebs today and since I’d never seen something like this before in my life, I had to share it. Do y’all think it would taste good? Sometimes when I eat raw fish, I’d rather just enjoy it on its own and in its purest form so mixing it with a burger… I may have some hesitancies!
Interested in making it yourself? Here’s the recipe for you!