- Is Clubhouse the Next Tinder? [Vogue]
- The Evolution of Production in BTS’ Discography [Splice]
- This Artist Faked Being a Billionaire So You Could See NYC’s Best Views [VICE]
- 7 Pieces of Bad Career Advice Women Should Ignore [Harvard Business Review]
- How to Shop San Francisco’s First H-Mart Like Chef Chris Oh [Eater]
For over a year, it didn’t make sense to talk about weddings. Now in 2021, we actually already have a couple to look forward to. That’s why there is no better time than for Prabal Gurung to launch his bridal collection. For the 22 season, the collection includes 13 gowns, dresses, and separates under the title, “A Love Letter.” According to a press release, “A Love Letter” is inspired by the “courage and optimism” of being in and celebrating love. There couldn’t be a more accurate representation. As I peruse the look book, each piece reminds me of a delicate romance. It’s the kind of visual you see when you think of a fairytale.
As for the details, prices for the collection will range from $2,895 – $10,000. Sizes in the U.S. will range from 0 – 14. Starting October of this year, everyone will be able to shop the collection. Here are a few of my favorite pieces:
In the weeks leading up to my appointment, I watched as friends of mine and people I followed receive the vaccine. For some, it was emotional. Others announced their victory across social. Not often mentioned, I could feel the relief on the other end. I felt like I blinked and my experience was over. As someone documents much of my life in video these days, I didn’t even have time to think. The auditorium like setting in Sacramento was organized chaos, but in the best way. The experience itself reminded me of going to the DMV, but you can just tell that everyone had positive spirits.
Other than my arm hurting for a couple of days after and feeling discomfort trying to sleep, life hasn’t changed much. It’s easy for me to become social again and believe it or not, we have trips that we are looking forward to again. I never thought this day would come. However, I can’t shake the feeling of how much different life was for us a year ago. I’m looking forward to what’s ahead and I hope all of you will do the responsible thing and get vaccinated yourselves as well!
Normally, we’d snag these photos from Vogue, but all they had for us today was GIFs and they were making me dizzy. We love a fun and glamorous collection. Doesn’t seeing these images make you excited for normal clothes again? The lounge wear for a year was nice, but it’s time to hang them up!Read more “Gucci”
Well, it’s certainly one way to name a new product. In Spotify’s latest release, “Car Thing” is a smart player that mounts to your dash easily allowing you to play your music while driving. I personally already have a set up that allows me to do just that with my phone attaching to the dash as well. The biggest difference here though is that the smart player is voice activated and can hear your commands leaving you fully hands-free, or rather, hands off of the phone. That’s one thing that my set up can’t solve for at the moment. Spotify Car Thing will likely retail for $80, but right now if you’re selected by Spotify to try out the product, you’ll get it for free not including the $7 shipping/handling fee. Add your name to the list [here].
If there is one artist that truly dominated TikTok in music this last year, it was Doja Cat. She was incredibly talented before, but it’s very clear that the social app put her on the map. Every single she put out had a catchy accompanying dance that everyone loved to create (myself included!) This joint single along with SZA is sure to become another summer bop. Also much praise to them for including an Asian male lead! We love to see it!
Kosar Ali in Alexander McQueen
Our timeline of award shows this year is completely distorted. I thought we only had the Oscars left, but was pleasantly surprised that we got another opportunity to highlight red carpet fashion. There are a handful of looks that caught my eye, but Kosar Ali’s all white look is a dream. The combination of textures along with trendy and classic pieces makes this my favorite look of the evening.
Priyanka Chopra Jonas in Pertegaz with Nick Jonas in Giorgio ArmaniRead more “BAFTAs 2021”
In case anyone needed a little mid-week pick me up, this clip of Tiny Tan dancing to Dynamite is so cute. Tiny Tan are characters based off the real life BTS members and honestly, the creators have done a great job with them!
- In A Role Reversal, Asian Americans Aim to Protect Their Parents From Hate [NY Times]
- Michelin-Starred Ju-Ni Opens An Outdoor Omakase Counter [SF Eater]
- 13 Sports Films You’ll Love Even If You Don’t Like Sports [Life Hacker]
- Where to Stream the 2021 Oscar Films [W Magazine]
- “We Already Belong”: A Conversation with R.O. Kwon [NPR]
- America Ruined My Name For Me [The New Yorker]
- After Working at Google, I’ll Never Let Myself Love A Job Again [NY Times]
- These Are the 5 Deadliest National Parks [Outside]
- How Do People Even Find Drug Dealers? [VICE]
- Why the First Thing You Drink In the Morning Absolutely Shouldn’t Be Coffee [Well + Good]
- The 10 Most Crowded Cities in America – and the 10 Least Crowded [Mental Floss]
- The 26 Coolest Airbnbs in California [Green Wedding Shoes]