Are you guys ready for something random? I recently just got back from Vegas about a month ago and while we were there, Tommy, Leslie and I caught Mashmello at a daytime pool party. The following night we found ourselves at a local dive bar watching non-stop American Ninja Warrior. To see these two things combined into one could not be more perfect.
Also do we think that that is really Marshmello or someone else wearing his costume? I’ve been wondering this the entire time.
- The Guide to Every Wedding Dress Code (for men) [Esquire]
- Second Life Podcast: Linda Wells on Founding Allure, Being Fired and Moving On [My Domaine]
- 30 Days Inside Chinese Livestreaming [Beme News]
- America’s Best New Restaurants of 2018 [Bon Appétit]
- How the 1 Percent Do Burning Man [NY Post]
- 50 Things Every Guy Should Know How to Cook [Cool Material]
- How Heath Ledger’s Joker Was Born
Awkwafina talking about her “type” is exactly how I talk about my type.
- Seattle’s Pike Place Fish Market Sold to Fish-Throwing Employees [The Seattle Times]
- The world’s most Instagrammable sneakers [forward2me]
- The horror film, The Purge, is being turned into a television series for USA Network and it looks just as terrifying as the films.
- Mara Wilson’s thoughts on how Allison Mack got roped into NXIVM [Elle]
- An interview with Stripe’s CEO, Patrick Collison on culture and growing startups [High Growth Handbook – Elad Gil]
- How an ex-cop rigged McDonald’s Monopoly game and stole millions [The Daily Beast]
- The bowling mechanic keeping America’s favorite pastime alive
- The legacy of Benihana [The Ringer]
- Being 30 in Seattle: It’s a lot harder today than it was for your parents [The Seattle Times]
- How Marie Kondo Created a Decluttering Empire [The Every Girl]
- He Kissed Me…and then Unmatched Me [The Every Girl] – just a funny take on online dating in 2018
Even after watching this trailer twice, I still have no idea what this film is about! Regardless, I am excited about another Asian American female lead. Given that the books did quite well, I have hope for the Netflix film and can’t wait to see it! Readers, have you read the book series yet? Also, have you ever written imaginary letters to your crushes?! I have never been caught dead in this situation, but it is the exact scenario that I could see myself falling into. Oh to be young and in love…?
For those of you who have been following Yow Yow! for years now, you know that these are some of my most intimate posts. Often times, I’m saying more with the images that I select than in the paragraphs I’m writing ahead of the post. For the first time ever, I’ve selected images that come from only one source. I recently discovered a new Tumblr that has become a fast favorite. Worried at first that I wouldn’t have enough material to use or even that the post would be an inaccurate representation of what I was hoping to convey ended up not being a real concern after all.
It has been a week of being completely stress free and living in my moments without having a plan. I think these photos depict an image of that. I think this is what carefree-ness and whimsy looks like and it’s entirely how I’m feeling. In these photos, you’ll notice that there are some up-close shots of a part of a body or detail zoomed in. I may not have known it at the time when I was picking out the photo, but it ended up being more intentional than planned. I wanted to focus and hone in on one thing specifically as opposed to doing the whole “big picture” thing.
- The Power of Positive People [New York Times]
- How to Say ‘No’ to Others and ‘Yes’ to Yourself [Girls’ Night In Club]
- Instagram Stars and the Hotels They Stay At [The Atlantic]
- The Best Travel Tips That No One Tells You [Cool Material]
- Spotify Still Won’t Enable a Feature That Would Let Its Users Block Their Harassers [BuzzFeed News]
- A Spice Girls Exhibit Is Coming This Summer [Nylon]
- The Emojis We Don’t Need [Vice]
- Aly Raisman Takes The Floor [ESPN]
- America’s Ramen Obsession, Explained – I don’t know if I agree with how yummy all these creations are supposed to be! [The New Yorker]
- ‘Sister Survivors’ and victims of Larry Nassar Accept the Arthur Ashe Courage Award at the ESPYS last night [Vogue]
Somewhere along the way, Vogue got really good at making video content. I first started taking notice when they did 73 questions with different celebrities around their homes, but now I’m starting to venture into other material like this one that claims it’s 24 hours with Cole Sprouse. It’s not really because how can 24 hours get crammed into nearly two and a half minutes? Yet, I watched it anyways! I’m loving these pieces because I think Vogue has always had a reputation of being structured – maybe that’s Anna Wintour, maybe it’s not. They’ve been considered pretty serious, but these bite-sized pieces are incredibly fun and cheeky. It’s completely changing the way I perceived Vogue growing up and that. is. huge.
We also just love Cole Sprouse. I pretty much adored him since episode one of Riverdale when I immediately began shipping him and Betty. Imagine my shock when I found out they were dating IRL. Complete amazement.