It has been some time since we posted a “Tiny Desk Concert” on Yow Yow! but this feel relevant. We first started listening to Snoh some time ago, but things really picked up after I had her album on repeat throughout the entire month of December. Since she’s performing in San Francisco on my birthday, it felt appropriate and timely that we buy tickets for her show! We hope you enjoy this tiny desk set from her this Monday. I can’t wait to see her live!
With award show season and Fashion Week, I had almost forgotten that these releases were still happening! We have definitely been out of the loop a bit on the music scene, but Pitchfork’s lineup has always been one to watch. I’m looking forward to catching up on some of these acts on my own time!
Insightful, Baby Rose – Without You
- Airbnb Renovates Its 650 Townsend Office with Functionality and Fun in Mind [Architectural Digest]
- The Theme Song to “Succession” in Mario Paint [Twitter]
- Closeness in the Age of Coronavirus [Refinery29]
- Investigating Heterosexuality: Why Do Women Love Adam Driver? [Elle]
- Can Weed Cure a Hangover? [VICE]
- Why Are Roses So Fucking Expensive? [Mel Magazine]
- Hayley Williams Performed at the Collina Strada Runway Show [Vogue]
- Instagram Made It Easier to Delete Accounts You Follow [Refinery29]
- Here’s Why You’re Drawn to Certain Beauty Product Packaging [Byrdie]
- HQ Trivia is Shutting Down [Hypebeast]
- To All The Girls He’s Loved Before – Welcome to Jordan Fisher’s Real-Life Rom-Com [The Cut]
- The Talks: Bong Joon-Ho [The Talks] – this is one of my favorite websites
- Lakeith Stanfield is Letting His Imagination Run Wild [Hypebeast]
- Lara Jean Covey’s Fashion in P.S. I Still Love You as told by [Fashionista]
- The Visualization of How Fast You Earn A Dollar [Digg]
- 25 Things You Missed in Parasite
Happy Valentine’s Day y’all! Justin Bieber has gifted us with the release of his newest album “Changes!” I know all of us loved “Purpose” and it’s hard to find another quite like it, but I am definitely into this new sound. And as predictable as it is, the album is all about his wife, Hailey. I’ve heard some criticism that all of the songs sound the same, which isn’t a lie. We see a much more understated Justin in this album. It’s a grown up sound for someone that has truly grown up in the last few years.
Bag Raiders, The Kite String Tangle – Lightning
It’s just as I expected! Gregg Gillis of Girl Talk will return to touring after 8 years. After noticing his name on a couple of music festivals for this year, I suspected that it wouldn’t end there. Announced today, Girl Talk will go on a North American tour and somehow San Francisco seems to be off the list. Is this a sign that we’re too old to be participating in our usual antics?
While listening to his albums is not quite like an in-concert experience, I’ll take new music any day. For all of my friends attending around the country, enjoy!
04-29 Cleveland, OH – House of Blues
05-01 Pittsburgh, PA – Stage AE
05-02 Toronto, Ontario – Phoenix Concert Theatre
05-03 Chicago, IL – Metro
05-05 Minneapolis, MN – First Avenue
05-07 Kansas City, MO – The Truman
05-08 Denver, CO – Ogden Theatre
05-09 Salt Lake City, UT – The Depot
05-11 Portland, OR – Crystal Ballroom
05-12 Seattle, WA – The Showbox
05-13 Vancouver, British Columbia – Commodore Ballroom
05-15 Los Angeles, CA – Echoplex
05-16 San Diego, CA – House of Blues
05-18 Austin, TX – Emo’s Austin
05-19 Dallas, TX – Granada Theater
05-21 Asheville, NC – The Orange Peel
05-22 Washington, DC – 9:30 Club
05-23 Boston, MA – Royale
06-07 New York, NY – The Governors Ball Music Festival
Doja Cat – Say So
Just a fun song for your Sunday and to kick off your upcoming week!
It’s Hayley Williams appreciation week for us! I had heard that she had done a cover of “Don’t Start Now” – one of my favorite Dua Lipa songs, but only heard it for the first time tonight. I love the way she decided to arrange this song. If I had heard her rendition for the first time without ever having heard the original, I think I would be just as obsessed with it.
All that aside, it’s no secret that I’m excited for Hayley’s comeback. This cover on top of everything she has built her career upon proves how incredible she is. Her sound isn’t necessarily new for her. Instead, it has evolved. She has always been the front woman and had the support of her band, but now she gets to do it all on her own. We can’t get enough of this cover.