- Seattle’s Pike Place Fish Market Sold to Fish-Throwing Employees [The Seattle Times]
- The world’s most Instagrammable sneakers [forward2me]
- The horror film, The Purge, is being turned into a television series for USA Network and it looks just as terrifying as the films.
- Mara Wilson’s thoughts on how Allison Mack got roped into NXIVM [Elle]
- An interview with Stripe’s CEO, Patrick Collison on culture and growing startups [High Growth Handbook – Elad Gil]
- How an ex-cop rigged McDonald’s Monopoly game and stole millions [The Daily Beast]
- The bowling mechanic keeping America’s favorite pastime alive
- The legacy of Benihana [The Ringer]
- Being 30 in Seattle: It’s a lot harder today than it was for your parents [The Seattle Times]
- How Marie Kondo Created a Decluttering Empire [The Every Girl]
- He Kissed Me…and then Unmatched Me [The Every Girl] – just a funny take on online dating in 2018
Videography by SJ Videography and Photography by Aga Jones Photography
For those of you who have been following Yow Yow! for years now, you know that these are some of my most intimate posts. Often times, I’m saying more with the images that I select than in the paragraphs I’m writing ahead of the post. For the first time ever, I’ve selected images that come from only one source. I recently discovered a new Tumblr that has become a fast favorite. Worried at first that I wouldn’t have enough material to use or even that the post would be an inaccurate representation of what I was hoping to convey ended up not being a real concern after all.
It has been a week of being completely stress free and living in my moments without having a plan. I think these photos depict an image of that. I think this is what carefree-ness and whimsy looks like and it’s entirely how I’m feeling. In these photos, you’ll notice that there are some up-close shots of a part of a body or detail zoomed in. I may not have known it at the time when I was picking out the photo, but it ended up being more intentional than planned. I wanted to focus and hone in on one thing specifically as opposed to doing the whole “big picture” thing.
- The Power of Positive People [New York Times]
- How to Say ‘No’ to Others and ‘Yes’ to Yourself [Girls’ Night In Club]
- Instagram Stars and the Hotels They Stay At [The Atlantic]
- The Best Travel Tips That No One Tells You [Cool Material]
- Spotify Still Won’t Enable a Feature That Would Let Its Users Block Their Harassers [BuzzFeed News]
- A Spice Girls Exhibit Is Coming This Summer [Nylon]
- The Emojis We Don’t Need [Vice]
- Aly Raisman Takes The Floor [ESPN]
- America’s Ramen Obsession, Explained – I don’t know if I agree with how yummy all these creations are supposed to be! [The New Yorker]
- ‘Sister Survivors’ and victims of Larry Nassar Accept the Arthur Ashe Courage Award at the ESPYS last night [Vogue]
- Tom Douglas Opens Bento Box Restaurant in Nordstrom – Department Bento [Eater]
- How to live in San Francisco Without Spending Any Money [Wall Street Journal]
- Best Buy Officially Waves Goodbye to Physical CDs [Hypebeast]
- We say goodbye to Toys “R” Us and Geoffrey the Giraffe [Hypebeast]
- Why Email is So Stressful [Harvard Business Review]
- What Makes a New York City Kid? [New York Times]
I know this is a little controversial, but I am obsessed with black bridesmaids dresses. I’ve been thinking about these for the last year and am almost sure that I’ll end up making that same decision for myself in the future. The details in this wedding are just exquisite. The florals, the embroidered denim jackets… and can I just mentioned that I love the fact that the bride and groom did their first dance to “Alabama Shakes – I Found You?” It’s the perfect modern day song for a first dance at a wedding. This post doesn’t do this wedding any justice so please, please, please head on over to their feature over at [Green Wedding Shoes]
Since we haven’t done a Wedding Mondays in weeks, I thought I could do a solid by giving it to you one day early. I’ve been holding on to this special video for a whole month! The team behind this piece was the same group that did [Mandi and Eric’s] wedding video so they’ve really just become my favorites. Every time I see a wedding video from Grimace Films, I know that I won’t be disappointed. They do such an incredible job of capturing timeless and iconic moments throughout. For this one, it’s shots of her detailed headpiece, her beautiful beige dress, and that walk back down the aisle with just the two of them. Also, how fun did that after party look? Geneva and Jeremy seem like the most fun couple and we’re sure no guest of theirs could possibly have a bad time at that wedding.
For the full feature, click to visit [Green Wedding Shoes]
On average, the process of putting together one of these posts takes about three months. To find images, I have about 10 Tumblrs that I circulate through. Each post roughly has about 50 images, but today, this one has less. I’m posting this one now though because I’m close to 50 and there won’t be any other Tumblrs that I’ll be viewing within the next couple of months. It has also been three months since I posted A Collection Part 49. I’m telling you all of this because that is the only structure I have when it comes to making these. There are no themes. I don’t spend any time re-arranging them in a certain order. The differences in size of images would normally bother me anywhere else, but not here. There are no patterns for colors. I can’t explain to you why I selected this image over that one and I don’t want to. I look at these photos so quickly and I save them in an instant the same way a normal human being would fill out one of those personality tests that you’re not supposed to think too much about it. That’s it! Since the migration, every other post before this has been skewed to the left. Starting now and with post #50, we’re going to center it. It just looks better!
It was only recently that I became a real fan of wedding speeches. When I was younger, I always thought, “meh, could do without it!” But the more I watch them, the more I listen to them, the more I see myself not getting enough of them. Ashley’s wedding from just a few weeks ago had me in more tears than laughter, but that’s what I love about these. You really never know what kind of emotion you’re going to have come out of you. This week’s Wedding Monday’s video is this Best Man speech that I saw posted from Doobybrain. It’s quite a long one and yes, I’m surprised I sat through the entire thing, but it had all of the feels. Hope you enjoy!