12 Feb 2017
Rihanna in Armani Prive
This year, we missed both the Grammy awards and the red carpet. We’ve been on a pretty good streak so far with awards shows, but today I wanted to take the day off and instead, I went to go see “50 Shades Darker” with a couple of my girlfriends. At dinner later on, the show happened to be airing at the restaurant we were at so I caught a few glimpses, but we’re likely going to catch up on all the notable performances and speeches in the next day or two. As always, Grammy fashion is sometimes the award show that produces the most talked about outfits so with that, here are our favorites along with ones that we feel we have to highlight just because!
Read more “Grammys Red Carpet 2017”
15 Feb 2016
Selena Gomez in Calvin Klein
The red carpet for me this year was just so-so. There wasn’t anything that I absolutely loved or hated, maybe in the end I just prefer things like the Golden Globes or The Oscars. Usually, the first look that I share is something that I really like. This time, though I give this look a 6/10. The sparkly blue is nice and sure the cut-outs are edgy, but it’s really not anything we haven’t seen before. Also her old school hair is just meh to me.
Read more “Grammys 2016 Red Carpet”
25 Feb 2013
Jennifer Lawrence in Dior Haute Couture
– Lawrence is a Dior girl through and through. Now being the face for the brand, we sure can expect her to be wearing it a lot more than she has already.
[Readers! I’m sorry I missed the live Twitter feed for the red carpet today. I hear this year’s stars were on point with their looks. Unfortunately, I had to attend to some personal matters and that was much more important than blogging today. Thanks for your understanding!]
Read more “Oscars 2013 Red Carpet”
24 Feb 2013
– In case you missed it, Adele’s performance of “Skyfall.” I love how she performs this song like she gives zero eff’s, but that’s basically because her work is effortless. Loves.
– The 85th Annual Academy Awards in numbers… [an infographic]
– What kinds of items are found in the Oscars swag bags? Things that probably shouldn’t be given to 9-year old nominee Quvenzhané Walli. Check it!
– And of course the 10 best dressed stars ever to walk the Oscars red carpet. Michelle Williams in Vera Wang will always ALWAYS be my favorite. [Source]
11 Feb 2013
Word on the street is that Adele gave him a stern talking to after this snub! You go Adele! [Source]
14 Jan 2013
Jennifer Lawrence in Dior Haute Couture
Everyone kind of knew she’d be wearing Dior since she’s the new face and all, but no one expected her to look this flawless. The cinched belt at the waistline completes this look.
Read more “2013 Golden Globe Awards”
14 Feb 2012
Rihanna wearing custom Giorgio Armani
On anyone else, I might have said that this dress would’ve been too sexy, but it’s a great fit for Rihanna.
Overall Verdict: Actresses dress better than musicians?
Read more “2012 Grammy Awards”
13 Feb 2012
- Album of the Year
- Record of the Year
- Song of the Year
- Best Pop Solo Performance
- Best Pop Vocal Album
- Best Short Form Music Video
Last night, Adele took home six Grammy awards and I had no problem at all watching the Adele show! It also recently occurred to me that the singer is only 23-years old – I’m almost 22 and feeling inadequate about what I’ve accomplished so far next to her.
Click the cut below for more of her gorgeous spread.
13 Feb 2012
photo cred | Billboard via Getty Images
- Did anyone see Bruno Mars’ silly tantrum backstage after Adele won for best pop vocalist?
- Chris Brown. Quit your lip synching or gtfo the stage.
- I don’t think I could ever get sick of The Foo Fighters.
- I actually enjoyed Dave Grohl’s speech and appreciate him for voicing his opinion, but it’s a shame they cut him off…
- I could’ve sworn I saw a twinkle in Mark Foster’s eye when he was singing The Beach Boys’ “Wouldn’t It Be Nice.” My heart melted because it felt like he was just singing straight to me.
- John Legend grooving to The Beach Boys was also quite adorable.
- The Beach Boys are looking and sounding pretty great for their age! It feels like just yesterday I was watching them on that one episode of Full House.
- Nope Chris Brown, we don’t have to forgive you. The Grammy’s can put you in our faces all they want, but I’m not budging.
- Even though it wasn’t well received, I loved Taylor Swift’s dress during her performance of “Mean.” Now if I could only find out who the designer was…
- Neil Patrick Harris is a babe.
- I am still amazed by Katy Perry every time I hear anything about her and her music. Does anyone remember the poor review I gave her nearly two years ago? She’s grown as an artist definitely, but I’m not taking back anything I said. Her new song has potential for being the new girl anthem of 2012 though.
- Adele SLAYED w/ her performance!
- Bon Iver for Best New Artist – YAY! Great speech.
- Jennifer Hudson’s tribute to Whitney Houston: Flawless
- Nicki Minaj’s performance is not as family-friendly as I thought it would be. It was downright terrifying.
- Adele is also the loveliest human being ever. What a doll! She totally deserved all of her awards tonight.
- (and none for Lady Gaga – sad day)
On an important related note, this HelloGiggles post about why people shouldn’t be okay with Chris Brown performing at the Grammy’s is quite insightful. I’ve had a similar opinion for awhile, but usually when I talk about that I make jabs at his performance and the more obvious scandal. This writer, however, has got some pretty solid facts and it is worth reading. And not to start something controversial, but the reason why that HelloGiggles post is mentioned on Yow Yow is so we can avoid things like this. It’s important for all of us to remember that there’s a border between a play on words or a play off pop culture, but this is not one of those times. It’s not cute anymore especially when it involves Chris Brown. Typing things like this out as a tweet is not the same as feeling the same way or wanting to be in that situation. Not being able to tell the difference between these things frightens me and makes me fear for the safety of other young women that have this notion in their head that it is okay to say these things.
29 Dec 2011
So I ran into a little hiccup earlier today that has kept me from posting on Yow Yow.
It was a slow news day anyways, but not for new viral videos!
I’ve heard multiple covers of Adele’s “Rolling in the Deep,” but nothing compares to this performance by 15-year old Park Ji Min. This rendition performed on the Korean singing competition K-Pop Star (like our American Idol, The Voice, X-Factor) is what everyone is talking about today!
Picture this. You’re out with your friends on a weeknight at some bar when it just happens to be karaoke night! Drake and Rihanna’s “What’s My Name?” Yes, please! That’s my jam right there. You get on stage and oh! Drake joins you to rap his verse!
Bound to be the best night ever, right?
Two of my favorite movie characters Summer and Tom reunite to sing this New Year’s duet originally sung by Nancy Wilson. Swoon.