Everyone always tells me that half of what you learn is in school and the other half is through just living life. Somewhere in there is a percentage for what I learn through blogs. I don’t exactly remember when I started following blogs, but I do know that there are notable bloggers who I am drawn to for inspiration and wisdom. The first was Connie Wang. Connie used to intern over at Chictopia and now she’s the freakin’ global editor at Refinery 29. I’ve been a fan of hers since the early days and not so surprisingly – I have followed her to her new job to continue to read her articles every day. Although she was a fashion writer, she seemed to knowledgeable in a wide range of topics (none that I can remember at this time of course.) After Connie, there was Rumi Neely, Molly Young, Emily Schuman, Joanna Goddard, Noel Duan, and many more that I’m sure I have forgotten.
My new favorite is Alexi Wasser of IMBOYCRAZY. Now, don’t judge a blog by its name – Alexi Wasser blogs about relationships, sex, and overall life ventures that many of us seem to miss. I laugh because it’s the most honest piece of writing that I have seen in a while and now I would like to share with you all one of her posts!
The Blind Leading the Blind (part 63) – – > This is the title of the post, but really it’s just an advice post. Take note.
“1. summer 2011 is ALL about crop tops! YES, side boob is still WAY in.. but we’re giving ourselves the option of under boob!
2. wearing a heather gray tee out to a club, or any place sweating will definitely occur, is a rookie mistake. it’s amateur hour USA. Always think two steps ahead.
3. eliminate the word ‘buddy’ from your vocabulary.
4. aim higher. No dude, HIGHER!
5. even if you’re only going into the bathroom to look at your face, check your teeth and your nostrils, apply lipstick, and/or wash your hands… always look at the toilet to make sure nothing embarrassing is going on in there- cuz even if it wasn’t you (and it totes WASN’T, cuz girls don’t do gross stuff), you’re the one who’s gonna be walking out of that room, and whatever embarrassing nonsense is leftover in there- you’ll be to blame. So fuckin’ check yo-self before you wreck yo-self bro.
6. if you notice that the bathrooms at clubs you frequent start to have attendants in them- it means your life is getting better… or worse, depending on how you look at it.
7. girls! Don’t send nude pix! ever! they always end up where they shouldn’t! yes, even with your head cut out of the pic!
8. whenever you text ‘what are you doing?’ you might as well be saying ‘I want you to fuck me right now’. That’s why I always text ‘what are you up to?’ MUCH CLASSIER!
9. you know it’s serious when you move your computer into your girlfriend’s house and it’s NOT a laptop!
10. whenever you text or email something that’s questionable, shit talky, or potentially sketchy… ALWAYS remember its subject to be read/shown to everyone you NEVER wanted to see it!”
Thanks Alexi!! For more hilarity, visit IMBOYCRAZY for gender neutral posts.