15 Apr 2017
There has been a little bit of controversy surrounding this show, but it honestly does. not. matter. I’m really excited to be checking this out. It is sometimes crazy to me to think about the evolution of Netflix and how they were just a DVD mailing service to streaming and now their own programming. Other series on my list include Terrace House and 13 Reasons Why. What about all of you? Any recommendations?
Also! Big ups to Allen Stone who is having his song featured in this trailer! YES!
13 Aug 2015
Allen Stone – Freedom
Any morning that starts with Allen is a good one, we think.
06 Jul 2014
It’s been two weeks since we’ve had one of these posts and so much has happened! I didn’t have time to post last weekend’s highlights so I’m combining it with this lovely holiday weekend. Some of my best girl friends from Seattle flew to see Ash and I for the long weekend and like any vacation we jam packed our days from start to finish. It’s interesting how the trips you plan when you are out of college and “more of an adult” shift from the vacation breaks you had when you were in school. Instead of traveling to cities where you plan on drinking constantly and sleeping in because of your hangovers, you’re waking up at 8:00 and getting your morning started. (Sort of like how the five of us would any day!) Instead of drinking, we put our money towards amazing meals and instead of going to bars, we went wine tasting in Sonoma. So there.
– also don’t those fireworks look great?! They went off Wednesday evening in San Francisco after the Giant’s game and they looked a whole lot better than the ones we tried to watch on 4th of July from this view.
I did my first hike with some co-workers at Rancho San Antonio Open Space last weekend! There really are some gorgeous views here in the Bay Area.
On Sunday afternoon, we caught a free concert from Yuna and Allen Stone at Stern Grove. We had never been over to this area before, but we loved how it was just kind of hidden in this park and large enough to hold a concert and fit THIS many people. It’s definitely one of the prettiest venues I’ve ever been to.
We’ve been watching episodes of this on Netflix.
We got athletic and competitive during our pre 4th of July company picnic with Bubble Soccer.
Happy 4th from the Seattle gang!
Visiting our Ash at Stanford
Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!
21 Aug 2013
Allen Stone – Extra Ordinary Love
I can’t wait to see him at Bumbershoot this year!
27 Apr 2013
What I love about the Seattle music scene is that everyone is friends with each other and when one band or one artist is going through a tough time, the community comes together to make things right. Recently Kris Orlowski and his band were robbed of their equipment for the third time! I’m not sure if anyone ever realizes this (kind of like how most people don’t understand what a production a concert/music festival can be) but equipment is not cheap. A new music start-up named Ziibra (who we also have been working with!) is hosting a a “We Were Robbed” benefit show for Kris and his band on April 29th at the Tractor Tavern in Ballard with an all-star lineup. At this show, you’ll find sets by Kris Orlowski, Allen Stone, Meagan Grandall (Lemolo), Daniel Blue (Motopony) and quite a few others! Tickets for the show are $10.
Earlier this week a pawn shop was able to track down $80 of their stolen gear so any extra proceeds from the show will go straight towards the non-profit MusiCares.
26 Mar 2013
What a fun way to gather music enthusiasts together in a prom setting for the announcement of their favorite Seattle music festival! Also, hi – Allen Stone. I cannot wait! And I can’t wait for this year’s Bumbershoot once again.
03 Jan 2013
There were just too many fantastic reads today that I couldn’t make a post about every single one of them. Seriously, they are taking up all my tabs so I decided to turn them into a roundup post for your viewing convenience.
1. Facebook Prototype – Swedish designer Fred Nerby created this awesome prototype of a possible Facebook user interface that looks nothing like Timeline. Instead it resembles something more of the renovated MySpace, but damn, this looks. good. If you want to see the details clearer, watch the Vimeo in full screen. [Source]
2. Saving Your Instagrams – – – > Instaport
3. “Why I Left My Fancy Magazine Job” – Former Fashionista Editor Lauren Sherman explains why she left a gig at Lucky Magazine that many aspiring young women dream of.
4. Pinterest Acquires Punchfork – Pinterest makes its first big move in 2013 by acquiring one of my favorite recipe sites. [Source]
5. Seattle Music Ruled Today – Allen Stone performed on Ellen and Macklemore and Ryan Lewis’ “Thrift Shop” went platinum.
photo cred | Michael Clinard – Seattle Met [Russell Investments office]
6. Modern Style Offices Thrive in Seattle – I couldn’t agree more that this open floor plan does wonders for productivity. [Source]
7. The 5 Innovative Social Media Campaigns of 2012
8. Starbucks is revealing their new $1 reusable cup. Will it catch on? [Source]
9. Man moves back in with his family to allow a homeless family to live in his home – such an amazing story about kindness and generosity. The video to accompany this post is a must-see. [Source]
10. McDreamy wants in on the Tully’s on Broadway in Capitol Hill. [Source]
12 Dec 2012
It was a HUGE night for Seattle music on NBC last night. Allen Stone performed his single “Sleep” on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno and Macklemore went HAM with The Roots performing “Thrift Shop.”
I’ve got both performance respectively for you here and here.
13 Mar 2012
Congratulations Allen Stone! The Seattle singer/songwriter will appear on Live with Jimmy Kimmel tonight to perform!
10 Feb 2012
Allen Stone just being a dreamboat…