Ashley, Elizabeth, and Mary-Kate Olsen all wearing The Row
So it’s not the most fashionable night out of the year (that’s the Met Gala!) but the CFDA is a close second! This is a post full of amazing looks. We don’t need to say anymore.
Joan Smalls in Prabal Gurung with the designer
It’s just one of those nights where everyone seems to be “Best Dressed.” We’ve covered some of my favorite looks, but not all of them because there’s so many! For the rest, please click the source below. All are from Style.com, of course.
It’s the biggest night in fashion of the year and for the past four years, we have been covering the annual Met Gala. This year’s theme was Punk: Chaos to Couture and the celebrities did it well. Here – Dakota Fanning looks phenomenal in Rodarte.
All photos by Style
Click the cut below for more amazing looks from your favorite celebrities, designers, and models.
It used to take me over six months to go back to a blog that I haven’t visited in a while. With my new routine and schedule and the absence of homework, I am able to get through my blogs a lot quicker which frees up more time for me to be creative and to spend more time on posts that mean a lot to me instead of just posting and being done with it. Most of the photographs in this A Collection post came from one blog and go figure it’s called Thriving Twenties so of course we can relate hence why we love it.
Veronica told me just the other day that I was overdue for A Collection post. In looking through my archives, I see that it has only been TWO months. This is actually probably a new record for us. Like many “A Collection” posts, there is no theme. I wish I had something to say about how I’m feeling or why I chose the photographs that I did, but I choose them because at the time it is what is most pleasing to me!
Even though the 4th of July has already passed, Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen still want you to show off your American Pride by submitting a picture of you wearing a red, white, or blue tee for their StyleMint contest. You can submit the picture or video through July 31st and if you are selected, you’ll get a year long membership to their T-shirt collection brand StyleMint. What does that mean exactly? 12 of their shirts for a year.
At the source, you’ll also find a quirky video that they made to promote the contest.
To learn more, click here.
***** Hey readers! Brace yourself – it was a big news day!
– The UK’s Daily Mail published a photo along with a headline naming the wrong Olsen twin. For most of their early lives (Ages 0-16,) I believed they were identical because they were always dressed alike, but these days I can tell the two of them apart within seconds. You don’t have to see it in their faces to tell who is who, but you will see it in the way that they are dressed. Need some help telling the fashion icons apart? Check out Fashionista for their guide here.
– If you loved Lauren Conrad’s recently dyed tips as much as I did then learn how to do them yourself with the help of Lauren’s hair stylist Kristin Ess in this step-by-step tutorial. [Source]
– Rihanna will be the star of Armani’s campaigns this fall/winter 2011. [Source]
– Kal Penn will have a recurring role on How I Met Your Mother. [Source]
– Kurt, Rachel, and Finn will not be returning for Season 4 of Glee, but of course we already knew that when Ryan Murphy said they would be graduating after this next year. [Source]
– MTV has renewed Teen Wolf for a second season. I seriously only watch it for these two. [Source]
– Lindsay Lohan apparently thought she was good enough and should have been considered for the role of Nina Sayers in Black Swan. Girl, you delusional? [Source]
– An exact replica of the house from “Up” has been built. Would you live in it? [Source]
– Miranda Kerr named her son Flynn after a late boyfriend. [Source]
– Rosie Huntington-Whitely is the new face of Burberry Body. [Source]
– Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen are also launching a handbag line. Do these girls ever stop working? [Source]
– Today, one of my favorite bands has officially broken up. Sad day Rilo Kiley. [Source]
– The original stars from the classic “American Pie” will all return for the fourth installment “American Reunion.” [Source]
– Daisy Lowe will pose in next month’s issue of Playboy. Daisy is the daughter of Bush frontman Gavin Rossdale who is also the husband of Gwen Stefani. [Source]
– Meet the 20 new competitors for Project Runway. They all look like such characters! [Source]
– Who wants to wear a dress with Steve Buscemi’s face on it? Not I… [Source]
– Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are finally getting married. It’s been 6 years. [Source]
– Time to start building your Bumbershoot schedule! [Source]
– Yogurtland is collaborating with Hello Kitty. I wish the real life characters would visit our Capitol Hill location though… [Source]
– In case you missed it (like I did) the US women’s soccer team is headed to the world cup finals! [Source]
– Weezer is offering a concert cruise. [Source]
– Cupcake Royale ended up raising $10,000 towards the It Gets Better Project selling their rainbow-covered cupcakes last month. Tomorrow, founder of Cupcake Royale Jody Hall, will present Dan Savage with the check at 4:30 PM at the Capitol Hill location. [Source]
– Amon Tobin and Moby will headline Seattle’s Decibel Festival. [Source]
– The Black Eyed Peas are going on hiatus. Not phased by this. [Source]
– Chris Brown is securing his spot as the celebrity no one will ever like again. [Source]
– The first teaser poster for the Dark Knight Rises. [Source]
– Weezer and The Flaming Lips will share the stage together in New Jersey on July 28th and New York on July 29th. Literally. As in… all of their gear will be up on stage at the same time and they will take turns performing a song. Yeasayer will open each night. AWESOME. [Source]
– Kate Moss has married rocker James Hince wearing a YSL wedding gown. [Source]
– Justice releases the title of the tracks for their new album. [Source]
– Paul McCartney has been named the best live act. [Source]
– Jonathan Rhys Meyers has been hospitalized after a suicide attempt. [Source]
– Macho Man Randy Savage has died from a bad heart. [Source]
– Chris Colfer will star in the indie flick that he wrote himself. [Source]
– Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen launched their new line Stylemint yesterday. [Source]
– Ryan Adams and Mandy Moore have recorded a song together. [Source]
-What if you had $1 million dollars in your bank account? [Source]
– Denise Richards has adopted a little girl. [Source]
– Lenny Kravitz and his cellphone. [Source]
Eight-inch Louboutins that are an emergency room visit waiting to happen. [Source]
– Elle Fanning poses for Marc Jacobs’ new fall 2011 campaign [Source]
– Whatever happened to being just single or in a relationship? Check out these modern-day terms for relationship statuses. [Source]
– Vinny has left the Jersey Shore house in Italy and the show mid-production, but is it for good? [Source]
– A schoolgirl was suspended from school after she dyed her hair to look like her icon Rihanna. [Source]
– Maria Shriver has officially filed for divorce from Arnold Schwarzenegger. [Source]
– Chord Overstreet will not be a Glee regular next season, but Darren Criss and Henry Shum Jr. will be. [Source]
– The divorce between Ryan Reynolds and Scarlett Johansson has been finalized. [Source]
– Jamie Bell and Evan Rachel Wood are back on again…sew jealouz. [Source]
– Could the NBA be cancelled next year? [Source]
– The University of Washington has increased their tuition by 20% – its highest increase ever! [Source]
The fashion moguls are 25 today!
François-Henri Pinault with Salma Hayek both in Alexander McQueen
There was an unbelievable amount of love for Alexander McQueen and Stella McCartney at this year’s 2011 Met Ball. I think out of all the Met Ball’s I have seen, this one has provided the most looks that I have fallen in love with. Well done everyone.
This year’s theme was in tribute to the late designer Alexander McQueen as the museum debuted a new exhibition in his name. Since there were so many attendees this year, I decided to post only my favorite looks (and a few others) – don’t worry, it’s still pretty image heavy!
Where was Camilla Belle this year?
– To celebrate the new Playboy club in London, Marchesa designer Georgina Chapman has created an updated version of the Playboy bunny suit. [Source]
– Designer Tory Burch has launched a new Tumblr showcasing her favorite people, places, and interests. Visit Torypedia.
– Lauren Bush and Judith Leiber have collaborated together in designing the FEED evening clutch.
“The clutch retails for $495, far less than many of Leiber’s more elaborately bejeweled minaudières, and $250 from every bag sold will go to supporting global food-supply programs. In fact, each sale will provide 1,000 school meals for children in need, the largest amount yet associated with one of FEED’s products.” [Source]
– Angelina Jolie is the new face of Louis Vuitton. [Source]
– Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen are debuting a new optical line. [Source]
– Above is the cover art for Bon Iver’s newest self-titled album due out June 21st, 2011. Tracklisting at the…[Source]
– Taylor Swift has bought herself an LA mansion. [Source]
– TV on the Radio bassist Gerard Smith has passed away after losing his battle with leukemia. [Source]
– Kanye West’s charity has closed. [Source]
– Ashley Fink and the Dalton Academy Warblers will also join New Directions on the Glee tour this summer. [Source]
– Detroit’s Movement Electronic Music Festival has released their lineup. [Source]
– Author James Frey will return to Oprah’s talk show in one of her last episodes to discuss his new book “The Final Testament of the Holy Bible” after she ripped him a new one five years ago for his book “A Million Little Pieces.” [Source]
– Chris Colfer has sold a pilot to the Disney Channel called The Little Leftover Witch. [Source]
– Justin Timberlake will host the May 21 season finale of Saturday Night Live with Lady Gaga as the musical guest. [Source] Stacked lineup.
– Demi Lovato has decided to leave her role on Disney’s “Sonny With a Chance” after receiving treatment for her eating disorder and bipolar disorder. She will continue to focus on her music career. [Source]
– Scream 4 actors Emma Roberts and Rory Culkin grace Nylon’s May 2011 Young Hollywood issue. [Source]
– Marion Cotillard will play Miranda Tate in “The Dark Night Rises” and Joseph Gordon-Levitt will play John Blake, a police officer. [Source]
– Bellevue Square prepares for Forever 21’s arrival. [Source]
– Capitol Hill will be the first location for the new morning parking meters for the late night parties. [Source]
– James Franco has been accepted into the University of Houston’s Creative Writing Program. [Source] Just stop it…
– Not everyone can tweet like Zooey Deschanel can. [Source]
– Jane Krakowski has given birth to a son. [Source]
– Meet TIME Magazine’s 100 Most Influential People of 2011. [Source]
– Didn’t watch your language on the court? MAKE A PSA! Nice Kobe. [Source]
– There is a new laser treatment called Axilase that will help you reduce your amount of sweat. [Source]
– Evan Rachel Wood admits to being bisexual. [Source]
– Gwen Stefani will be donating her custom-made John Galliano wedding gown to the Victoria and Albert Design Museum in London. [Source]
– Emmanuel Alt has debuted her first cover for Paris Vogue featuring Gisele Bundchen. [Source]
– Lady Gaga has designed a bracelet to support the relief efforts in Japan. [Source]
– David and Victoria Beckham are expecting a little girl! Finally! [Source]
– Olivia Wilde has filed for divorce from her husband Tao Ruspoli. The couple separated last month. [Source]
– The cast of Breaking Dawn have evacuated from their production set in Vancouver due to the tsunami warning. [Source]
– Lauryn Hill announces spring tour. [Source]
– Canadian actors Jay Baruchel and Allison Pill are now engaged. [Source]
– Ashlee Simpson was seen rebounding with soon-to-be ex-husband Pete Wentz’s friend. Sucha fail. [Source]
– Friends will be joining Nick at Nite’s lineup. [Source]
– Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel have broken up. I thought this would never happen. Justin and Mila please! [Source]
– Isla Fischer and Sascha Baron Cohen have finally revealed the name of their second daughter born last August: Elula Lottie Miriam Cohen. [Source]
– Greek actress Spencer Grammer is pregnant. Also, can we note that her father Kelsey Grammer’s new wife is just two years older than his daughter? Gross. [Source]
– A Mexican man has tattooed 82 images of Julia Roberts’ face onto his body. [Source]
– Bath & Body Works have created a new line of lotions, shower gels, and and other products dedicated to the Twilight franchise. I swear, I have a lotion that looks exactly like the one above, but I promise it’s not called Twilight Woods. Dumb. [1 2]
– Inspired by Charlie Sheen…the Tiger Blood energy drink. [Source]
– Ashley Olson and Justin Bartha have split. [Source]
– American Apparel CEO Dov Charney has been slapped with a $260 million lawsuit. [Source]
– Lilith Fair ends its run. [Source]
– 14-year old actress Chloe Moretz has admitted that she will probably have plastic surgery done someday by her plastic surgeon father. [Source]
– Billy Ray Cyrus will appear on The View on March 18th against daughter Miley’s wishes. [Source]