- How 6 Asian Women Have Grown to Embrace Their Beauty in a World Influenced by Western Ideals [Bustle]
- Molly Young: How I Shop [Fashionista]
- The Ken Doll rebooted [GQ]
These are definitely not like the Barbie commercials I saw as a kid. When I stumbled upon this late yesterday evening, I couldn’t wait to share it with my team the very next morning. Not only is it incredibly adorable, but it’s sending along a very powerful message that women can be anything. What we imagine can be a reality! I thought everything about how this campaign was executed was done perfectly from including non-actors for the scenario to the transitioning and even that line, “there’s no high school for the dog.”
These bright and confident young girls did such a great job. I want to share this commercial with every young girl including my favorite niece Lily who is absolutely in love with her Barbie’s.
To honor one of the biggest entertainers of the year, Entertainment Weekly decided to dress up Barbie in Lady Gaga’s most memorable outfits recreating her finest moments.
– Steve Carell will be leaving The Office next year capping off season 7. [source]
– The divorce is final between Jesse James and Sandra Bullock. [source]
– Emma Watson has confirmed that she is dating George Craig, the Burberry model and frontman of music group One Night Only.
Watch it now before it gets removed! Cue tears at … 4:39
Chris Brown struggled through his tribute to Michael Jackson last night at the BET Awards. After dancing through Billie Jean, Remember the Time, and Smooth Criminal, Chris attempted to end the tribute by singing Man in the Mirror, but broke down into tears showing everyone just how vulnerable he was. Haven’t decided if I still feel bad for him or not. It must suck to know that everyone kind of hates you because you beat your girlfriend up and it went public and basically your career went down the drain. Stuff happens; sometimes you bounce back and sometimes you don’t.
– Nicole Richie wrote another book entitled “Priceless” due out Sept. 28, 2010
– David Olsen, the father of Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen is broke and facing foreclosure. Will the twins with all the money in the world step in to save their father from his debt? [Source]
– The Lohans are back to reality television again and have already started filming. Gross Dina Lohan is almost becoming worse than Kate Gosselin. [Source]
– Degrassi. The Boiling Point!
– Kristen Stewart lightens the hair and looks a whole lot better and a whole lot less emo than she always does. WIN.
– Tonight, Nikki Blonsky will debut her new ABC Family show Huge.
– Dove is casting “REAL WOMEN” for their new ad campaign. These women must have flawless skin, no scars, and definitely no tattoos. Nice job Dove, real nice.
– According to a recent study, the average woman will spend nearly $24,000 on shoes in their lifetime. That’s disgusting.
– You can now put Barbie in a fat suit!
– Google is determined to create the next best social networking site. Move out of the way Facebook. They didn’t win you over with Google Buzz, but now they’re coming back in full force with… wait for it…GoogleMe.
– Grandpa gets his GAGA on w/ this video posted by The Stranger.
– Rihanna has decided to cancel her kick off date for her tour in WA at the White River Amphitheater. Fans will receive a refund. [boooooo I’m a Chris Brown fan now!]
– Megan Fox officially wed Brian Austin Green in a small ceremony in Hawaii late last week. [source]
Nearly half a million people took part in this poll and voted as to which career Barbie would have next: Environmentalist, computer engineer, surgeon, architect, or news anchor.
So what did everyone choose?
Computer engineer! Not really surprised with all of the technology improvements going on these days.
“She also wears a neon-colored T-shirt with a binary code pattern and carries a smartphone and a Bluetooth headset. Her hot pink glasses will come in handy during late nights coding on her hot pink laptop. Before any one begins complaining, Mattel points out that her accessories were chosen with the help of the Society of Women Engineers and the National Academy of Engineering.”
It’s a BIG news day. These will be my only posts of the day unless something relevant comes up. It’s finals week so you’ll won’t be seeing too much until Thursday :)
– Eunice Kennedy Shriver has passed away today at the age of 88. She was the founder of the Special Olympics.
– The famous Times Square Studio will no longer be home to MTV. The glass window is known for being a classic tradition during the live tapings of MTV’s hit show TRL – Total Request Live
– Last week news broke that Emmy Rosum had split with boyfriend Justin Siegel. Turns out that they were actually married and had a confidential marriage license.
–Twilight Barbies. Enough said.
The trailer for Heath Ledger’s final film “The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus” has been released.
– Jennifer Hudson gave birth to a baby boy with fiance David Otunga on Monday.
– In case you haven’t seen… Mac Book Touch
I hate Macs, but I still think it’s pretty. To read more about the article click here
Charlize Theron is gracing the cover of THE SEPTEMBER ’09 issue of Vogue and because of the financial crisis we’re all living in, the fashion magazine has scaled down to a mere 584 pages this year. oh man more ads and less text I’m sure.
– Did anyone watch the Teen Choice Awards last night? It was completely all about The Jonas Brothers, Miley Cyrus and Twilight. Granted, the Jo Bros were the hosts of the night so that’s understandable.
– Kathy Griffin took Levi Johnston (Bristol Palin’s baby daddy) as her date. Then they talked about it on Larry King Live? and it was awkward to the max. This must be a sick joke.
– Miley Cyrus’s very controversial performance at the Teen Choice Awards performing “Party in the USA.”
I guess the pole part wasn’t that bad… but I can see why it might make people uncomfortable. DAMN what does Nick Jonas think of Miley now?! And this song is really catchy… can’t stop listening to it.
– 60 year old grandpa John Moyer has been sentenced to two days in jail, 180 days of probation and 50 hours of community service for publicly groping Minnie Mouse at Walt Disney World back in June ie giving her “fake Minnie Mouse boobs a squeeze.”
How did this go down in court?
“It doesn’t matter she was grabbed. She’s just a mouse,” argued the prosecutor. “It’s not just a mouse. It’s a person … It’s not OK to go to the diner and pinch a waitress’ butt anymore, and it’s not OK to go to a theme park and pinch a character’s butt.”
– Scott Schuman’s book “The Sartorialist,” featuring his profession as a photographer for street style will debut this Wednesday. I’ll be at Border’s reading it all Saturday.
– Some guy has a handgun strapped to his leg during a health care forum. In public. President Obama is attending and no one is doing anything about it really.
– and irrelevant Country music news. Brooks & Dunn are ending their music career after 20 years. no big deal.
Heidi Klum receives the Barbie version of herself!
Your very own Bella and Edward Cullen! Dolls are on sale at Toys R Us for $34.99
Do Barbies actually cost that much?!
HAPPY 50th BIRTHDAY BARBIE!
You’re the most popular girl this year so far with your own collection with MAC Cosmetics and a runway show dedicated to you throughout the years from New York Fashion Week.
Listening to: Dyno Jamz – The Surge