Ashley, Elizabeth, and Mary-Kate Olsen all wearing The Row
So it’s not the most fashionable night out of the year (that’s the Met Gala!) but the CFDA is a close second! This is a post full of amazing looks. We don’t need to say anymore.
Alicia Vikander in Louis Vuitton
This is always one of our favorite events of the year and all today, I wanted to just continue refreshing Fashionista so that I could see the live coverage of all of the outfits. Instead, we worked. And every 45 minutes, we ended up refreshing, but then the days get ahead of us so now we’re playing catch up now. Here’s what we did see – we didn’t like Taylor’s outfit. Not one bit. We hated Selena’s boots. We weren’t surprised by Nicki Minaj and we loved Chloe Moretz and Bee Shaffer, but what else is new?! Now, let’s get to the coverage – it’s pretty much the post we’ve been waiting for all year long. This year’s theme was Manus x Machina. This also kind of hits home for us because well… you know, tech!
Taylor Swift in Louis Vuitton
Someone’s trying a little too hard, right?
Anna Wintour in Chanel – she hosted the whole thang so she had to be first.
It killed me that I couldn’t post every look and have this ready to go for you all this morning! I was so excited to see some of the looks from the Met Gala yesterday evening and then a part of me knew that I would hate some looks as well. With the theme being, “China: Through the Looking Glass,” I was concerned that there would be jabs poked at stereotypes and Asian trends that would make me cringe. Of course there were, but like all things, we have to move on and not dwell on them. In the interest of saving time (and space!) I am choosing not to include looks that I felt were in poor taste.
Independent of being Vogue Editor-in-Chief Anna Wintour’s daughter, Bee Shaffer is kind of like a silent style icon. She doesn’t care about fashion all that much and works in the television industry for Late Night with Seth Meyers. However, when she needs to make an appearance like say… at the Met Gala she’s there. Bee is beautiful and her mother is the only name anyone would ever need to know in the fashion industry. Based off of the character “Miranda” in The Devil Wears Prada, everyone is naturally curious about what it’s like to call the ice queen Mom.
It’s the biggest night in fashion of the year and for the past four years, we have been covering the annual Met Gala. This year’s theme was Punk: Chaos to Couture and the celebrities did it well. Here – Dakota Fanning looks phenomenal in Rodarte.
All photos by Style
Click the cut below for more amazing looks from your favorite celebrities, designers, and models.
– Miss Hailee Steinfeld is officially the new face of Miu Miu. [Source]
– Justin Bieber is launching a fragrance for his fans called “Someday.” [Source]
– People sometimes forget that riders exist for bands and musicians. Fulfilling Katy Perry’s sounds a little bit like a nightmare. [Source]
– Selena Gomez’s new album cover is somewhat questionable. [Source]
– Lady Gaga and Starbucks are collaborating on a scavenger hunt together! (Not sure what this means because I’m too lazy to read all the text and this is also the most random pairing ever, but here you go!) [Source]
– Friendly Fires released their new album “Pala” yesterday. [Source]
– Lady Gaga was named Forbes’ top celebrity. [Source]
– Glee’s Matthew Morrison will join The Backstreet Boys and The New Kids on the Block on their tour this summer. [Source]
– Kat Dennings makes her return to television in her new CBS comedy 2 Broke Girls. [Source]
– The judges from the current season of NBC’s The Voice will return for season two. [Source]
– Saturday Night Live promo Justin Timberlake
– Who’s getting excited for the return of Pretty Little Liars?! Summer TELEVISION, you are mine.
– This Saturday is Seattle University’s Quadstock, but as I’m sure you already know… it is for students only! Lucky us!
– Since you can’t make it to Quadstock, you should head on over to Cal Anderson for the first ever four-on-four dodge ball tournament. Sounds brutal. [Source]
oh Capitol Hill Seattle – you really are one of my favorite blogs!
– Model Lily Aldridge married Kings of Leon front man Caleb Followill last week in a custom-made Vera Wang wedding gown. [Source]
– Vogue Editor-in-Chief’ Anna Wintour’s daughter Bee Shaffer has fled to LA to work alongside Glee’s head honcho Ryan Murphy. While Bee is not working with Glee specifically, she is assisting him with his many projects that may or may not include Glee’s 3-d movie. [Source]
– Essie’s Summer 2011 Brazilliant collection is on my must-have list. [Source]
– James Franco has graduated from New York University. Which school will he end up at next? Correct answer – University of Houston in the fall. [Source]
– Arnold Schwarzenegger’s son Patrick is trying to drop his father’s name to take his mother’s. [Source]
– Kia Grasty describes what it is like to clean up after “privileged” college students who are the sons and daughters of well-known people in the industry for a living with a $140,000 salary. [Source]
– A Hello Kitty theme park will debut in China in 2014. OH MY GOODNESS! [Source]
François-Henri Pinault with Salma Hayek both in Alexander McQueen
There was an unbelievable amount of love for Alexander McQueen and Stella McCartney at this year’s 2011 Met Ball. I think out of all the Met Ball’s I have seen, this one has provided the most looks that I have fallen in love with. Well done everyone.
This year’s theme was in tribute to the late designer Alexander McQueen as the museum debuted a new exhibition in his name. Since there were so many attendees this year, I decided to post only my favorite looks (and a few others) – don’t worry, it’s still pretty image heavy!
Where was Camilla Belle this year?
Bee Shaffer, daughter of Vogue editor-in-chief Anna Wintour, recently launched her own blog entitled New York Notebook. The news was exciting at first, but then I checked out the blog for myself and something just didn’t seem right. Bee Shaffer decided to use WordPress (Hey, good one Bee!) but she didn’t bother to buy a domain for it. Her “About” page seemed a little suspicious…
“Hi I’m Bee Shaffer. You might know me from gossip blogs and others, but let me tell you, you ain’t seen nothing yet. This page is where I write my thoughts and observations about life, fashion, people and other things.”
Really? You want people to distinguish you from gossip blogs? That’s kind of like Lindsay Hohan’s fail last week when she sued E-Trade to claim that she was a “milkaholic.” Also, I thought you didn’t want to get into fashion. People and other things… way to keep it broad.
It’s hard for me to say that this is out of character for Bee when I don’t personally know her, but you would think that the daughter of an editor would be skilled enough to edit her own blog entries yes? Here are a few poor examples:
It’s easy to make mistakes. I’m not going to deny that I haven’t made errors on my posts, but when you are Bee Shaffer these kinds of errors aren’t acceptable. My only assumption is that this is not her blog, which is funny because her post yesterday says that people are pointing fingers at her for being a fake.
I am so excited to see this movie! Finally, someone is capturing the time and process, not to mention, the work alone, it takes to put out Vogue’s largest and most anticipated issue every year. The September Issue. “dun dun dun”
All the designers and models came out to play!
Designer Vera Wang in her own design- 4
I love that designers always remain consistent in what they wear to events, but I guess you’d have to be if you’re around your own collection 24/7. Makes sense.
Model Hillary Rhoda in Rachel Roy
Dress gets a 3, shoes get a 1. poor choice.