Ashley, Elizabeth, and Mary-Kate Olsen all wearing The Row
So it’s not the most fashionable night out of the year (that’s the Met Gala!) but the CFDA is a close second! This is a post full of amazing looks. We don’t need to say anymore.
– A first look at the Jason Wu for Target campaign! The collection debuts February 5, 2012. Is anyone else as excited as I am?! [Source]
– Vera Wang will hit the ice and show off her skills on April 2nd as an honored guest by Figure Skating in Harlem. [Source]
– Indie singer Lana Del Rey has scored a modeling contract. [Source]
– The Black Keys cover the Rolling Stones’ newest issue. [Source]
– The Killers will release a new album in 2012. I still just love Hot Fuss. [Source]
– The Kardashians are hoping to launch a tabloid – just won’t quit building themselves up. [Source]
– Tim Gunn receives a daytime talk show. [Source]
– Contestants for Celebrity Apprentice have been revealed. Clay Aiken! [Source]
– Twilight will become a Broadway musical for one night on January 16. Proceeds from the event will go directly to charity Blessings in a Backpack. [Source]
– Apparently, the QFC on Broadway skipped three months ahead to Easter even passing on Valentine’s Day. [Source]
– Christine Gregoire will introduce a new bill to legalize gay marriage in Washington state. [Source]
– Michelle Bachman has officially ended her presidential bid. [Source]
– Rumored Britney Spears is shopping for a wedding dress in the direction of Betsey Johnson or Jeremy Scott. It looks like our pop princess is spicing things up by opting out of the traditional gowns that would have been made by Vera Wang. [Source]
– Nick Cannon was hospitalized after suffering from mild kidney failure. [Source]
– Zooey Deschanel has officially filed for divorce from Ben Gibbard…is also a savvy spender according to TMZ. [Source]
– Sinhead O’Connor has called off her divorce after a night of passionate lovemaking with her husband. The divorce was filed after 16 days of marriage. So…Kim Kardashian wins again? [Source]
– Emma Roberts is deferring her college experience at Sarah Lawrence in Bronxville, New York due to her work commitments and budding romance with Glee star, Chord Overstreet. [Source]
– Russell Brand and Katy Perry did not have a prenup. He could end up making $20 million off of her. [Source]
– James Franco has sold his first novel to Amazon Publishing. [Source]
The high school girl in me will have always regretted not wearing one of your signature dresses for my prom.
Instead…home girl slightly upgraded to a BCBG Max Azria.
Happy 69th Birthday! YEAH!
Ashley Tisdale in Farah Angsana
I haven’t rated looks in forever, but I might just start up again. I give this look a 4.7 because I am loving her resort-esque dress even during the winter time. The blend of chartreuse and pink in the dress help bring out her warm skin tone and are really quite complimentary to the entire look itself. She also gets points for doing the boho look without looking homeless hippy.
Yesterday was National Pink Day. Why weren’t we informed?!
Designer Betsey Johnson threw an extravagant celebration for the day by giving her garment district showroom a completely pinky makeover. The showroom featured only her favorite pink dresses and was covered in pink crepe paper. She couldn’t let her guests go hungry or thirsty either so Betsey served pink cookies, pink cupcakes, and best of all, pink champagne. Changing the lyrics to “Happy Birthday,” [yep, you guessed it] she replaced Birth with Pink and serenaded her guests leading friends and staff to join in as well.
Stella McCartney is designing a line for both Gap Kids and Baby Gap.
Lily Allen is the new face of Chanel handbags.
Designer Marc Jacobs and boyfriend Lorenzo Martone are planning to wed this August.
Christian Audigier somehow managed to snag a spot for showing during the Spring 2010 RTW in Paris. Katie does NOT approve.
Nicole Richie will be debuting a new line for the maternity label A Pea in the Pod.
Betsey Johnson goes back on her word?!
Betsey Johnson says she will never retire: “I will never retire while I’ve still got my legs and my make-up box.”
This past weekend in the Hamptons, designer Betsey Johnson told a New York reporter that after her September Spring 2010 RTW show, she will be retiring.
Her successor has big shoes to fill.
Say it isn’t so Betsey!