Somewhere… in the hustle and bustle of life, we completely forgot to share the 2016 lineup! We’re posting it now because this is what we’ve been doing for years and… due diligence.
In addition to my graduation, Bonnaroo 2012 is also going down this weekend too. Following in line with many other music festivals that have done the same, they have decided to stream some of their performances on YouTube for those missing out on the big event. The lineup is already pretty stacked, but we are extremely lucky to have the opportunity to catch some of these performances via the internet.
Well, at least one of my tabs will always be open to this page this weekend.
– Sasquatch will not be selling any single day tickets at this point.
Bonnaroo’s lineup is now up w/ more to come!
Also the Bonnaroo website is so much prettier than Sasquatch’s this year.
– Happy 23rd birthday to my favorite Gleek Kevin McHale!
– Forever 21 is threatening to sue WTForever21.com blogger Rachel Kane for defamation and trademark infringement. [Source]
– Pantone has released 175 new colors since 2003 bringing their current color roster to 2,100. [Source]
– Anna Wintour accepted her Webby Award last night with a five-word speech: Sometimes, geek can be chic.
Watch the video of her acceptance here.
– Natalie Portman has given birth to a boy! [Source]
– Hugh Hefner and Crystal Harris called off their wedding slash she became runaway bride. [Source]
– Tobey Maguire is featured in Prada’s menswear fall/winter ad campaign. [Source]
– Ina Garten of Barefoot Contessa has trademarked “How easy is that?” [Source]
– Victoria and David Beckham have asked Eva Longoria to be the godmother of their unborn child. [Source]
–Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants author Ann Brashares has written a fifth book in the series to be released as the girls go through adulthood. The book came out today. [Source]
– Aritzia’s flagship store located in Soho will open tomorrow!
– The Nordstrom half yearly sale for men begins Friday!
– The St. Regis Hotel has debuted their 1,700 square foot Tiffany and Co. themed suite on the 14th floor. [Source]
– The Foo Fighters are poking fun at tour riders by releasing a coloring book about their needs. [Source]
– Could Ben and Jerry’s possibly have a new flavor in the works called “Schweddy Balls?” [Source]
– There’s a new issue surrounding expecting mom’s to be called Mommyrexia for women who attempt at staying skinny while being pregnant. WOW… that sounds like the a terrible idea. [Source]
– Facebook lost 6M users last month. Could the social networking website be at its peak? [Source]
– Can anyone explain why the windows of Seattle businesses and restaurants keep getting smashed? [Source]
– Two people died this past weekend at Bonnaroo. [Source]
– Come see the Friendly Fires on tour this summer and fall. [Source]
– Atmosphere has announced the Family Vacation tour. [Source]
– Watch these kids react to Lady Gaga.
Name: Katie Stratton
Job: Musician and vintage clothing store owner
Excited to see: Karen Elson, Sleigh Bells, the Best Coast
Wearing: Bellejar Vintage
Style inspiration: Me!
This past school year, I have had the wonderful privilege of working with some incredible musicians and bands at Seattle University. Within just one school year, they are already making headlines, putting out new albums, headlining tours, and have found themselves on the lineups of music festivals.
I feel so lucky to have had the opportunity to work with these eight very talented musicians and bands:
- Lizzie Huffman
- Kay Kay and His Weathered Underground
- He Is We
- Robbie Christmas
- Champagne Champagne
- Matt Bekker
- The Physics
- Campfire OK
If there are any musicians and bands that you should be following from Seattle, it is them.
– My dearest friend Liz has relocated to the state of Colorado, but has been keeping busy with a string of shows. Please go out and support her because she is a wonderful and talented little lady. [Source]
– Kay Kay and His Weathered Underground will be releasing their album “Introducing” on July 26, 2011 from Suburban Home Records. The band will host CD release shows in both Portland and Seattle, June 11th and 12th respectively. [Source]
– Almost immediately after my show with He Is We ended, the band hit the road to head East to begin their tour with The Rocket Summer. The band will be headlining their first tour beginning mid-June. Did I also mention that they will be performing at Bonnaroo 6/9 – 6/10? [Source]
– Two of my performers Robbie Christmas and Matt Bekker will actually be performing a show together tomorrow at the Crocodile Cafe! The show is 21+. My friend Matt Bekker also recently became a part of the Rocket Music Entertainment Group family, which is home to Elton John, James Blunt, Lily Allen, and Oh Land.
– Champagne Champagne will be releasing a new album this summer and will be performing at the 2011 Capitol Hill Block Party, Bumbershoot Music Festival, and Doe Bay Fest!
– I am so excited to be working with Campfire OK for my last show of the year. This year, the band was voted by City Arts Magazine as one of the best new bands of 2011 and this summer, you will be able to catch the rustic-sounding band at both Capitol Hill Block Party, Bumbershoot and Doe Bay Fest! I would say that this band is going to be in a completely different place in the next year, but I know that things for them are moving fast and that the change will most likely occur within the next few months. Their CD “Strange Like We Are” is definitely one of my favorites from the year. Expect to see them on the bill for various music festivals next year because that’s probably where they will be.