Ariana Grande wearing Alexander Wang
I wasn’t paying too much attention to her performance, but was it just me or did she seem completely out of breath? Why was she biking so hard? Did she lip-sync at all? We’ve got a lot of questions.
I know I can’t be the only one who was itching to see this? It was actually kind of enjoyable to watch. Britney used to be an icon for me growing up and even though she’s got her residency in Vegas currently and her family and things seem great, I can’t help but remember that period in her life when things were really NOT great and the fact that she’s still under a conservatorship.
I liked that we got to hear her sing a bit in this, but not sure why she was still lip synching through “Toxic.”
Zendaya Coleman in Fausto Puglisi
Wow, Balmain though was really havinga night with the celebrities especially since Kendall announced that they were going to be the next H&M collaboration! Zendaya looked amazing on the red carpet last night, but one of my biggest disappointments? That she was not interviewed by Giuliana for the E! Red Carpet show. The drama was heard ’round the world, but this was a huge missed opportunity for both parties to squash all of that and they didn’t. Leaving her out of the segment is now going to make people speculate a little bit I’m sure.
Between Miley’s public appearances and award show performances, I don’t think anyone is shocked about what kinds of antics will be seen during her upcoming “Bangerz” tour. The surprise value will be there and how much clothing she would be wearing was always in question until now. It was revealed earlier this week that Miley’s costumes for her tour will be designed by Roberto Cavalli. Known for the glitz, glamour, sparkles, and sexiness, we probably couldn’t think of anyone better for the job and for Miley’s current persona. The six sketches above are just a taste at what fans will be getting when they see her live and to be honest, we’re kind of a fan. The first look on the very left is almost paying homage to Britney Spears’ “Toxic” music video, isn’t it? I’m a huge fan of all six looks and find them to be very much her style.
I love Britney Spears; I really do. Obviously, I have more than just mediocre feelings for her as an artist if I’ve seen her in concert twice, but can we just be honest with ourselves here? Britney Spears is a really great dancer. She’s just not a very good singer. Is she even singing in this song… or just talking? We like this song though – it’s super sassy.
Justin Timberlake performed “Cry Me A River” this past weekend at the iHeartRadio concert in Vegas and definitely threw some shade at his ex Britney Spears.
Fast forward to 2:20.
Oh Justin. Don’t you know you dodged a bullet…
Our Godney is back, you guys!
– Nicki Minaj’s hairstylist quits. [Source]
– It was Marc Jacobs’s psychiatrist that advised him to turn down the Dior gig. [Source]
– A song about Harry Styles is on its way y’all! [Source]
– Ke$ha was paid just $1.63 to write a song for Miley Cyrus. Yes, that’s $1.63… 63 cents. [Source]
– Jurassic Park 4 will be released June 13, 2014. [Source]
– Disney’s The Hunchback of Notre Dame may hit Broadway. [Source]
– Pirates of the Caribbean, really? [Source]
– Tina Fey on Twitter.
– Britney has not only split with fiance Jason Trawick, but has also given back his $90K engagement ring. [Source]
– Facebook is considering adding a fee to send messages to people that you are not connected with for a whopping $100. [Source]
– Crystal Harris signed a pretty serious Prenup before marrying Hugh Hefner. UM HOBviously. [Source]
– Do we like this new portrait of Kate Middleton revealed yesterday? Apparently, no one does. [Source]
– Jennifer Lawrence and actor Nicholas Hoult split. [Source]
– Evan Rachel Wood and Jamie Bell are expecting their first child. [Source] Luckily that Marilyn Manson thing was just a phase…
– Reddit Co-Founder and Digital Activist Aaron Swartz has committed suicide. [Source]
– Olivia Wilde and Jason Sudeikis are engaged! [Source]
– Zooey Deschanel does not look like Zooey Deschanel on the cover of Glamour. [Source]
– Fake braces are all the rage right now in Asia. [Source]
– Girls will be releasing a soundtrack in January! Excited. Hope this is on Spotify because their music selection is. on. point. [Source]
– Our girl Britney will be working on a new album. [Source]
– a scripted hour-long drama is in the works for E! and will be a mixture of Gallery Girls and Mean Girls called Gallerina [Source]
– Ann Curry won’t let that NBC drama get her down. Apparently, she’s been contacted for a position at CNN as an anchor. [Source]
– The shows that ended in 2012.
– Andddd the television characters that passed away in 2012. [Source]
– The Twilight Saga was voted the worst movies of all time. Shocker. [Source]
– We prepare to say goodbye to the iconic Easy Street Records on Queen Anne. [Source]
– Hugh Hefner and Crystal Harris finally got married! She didn’t run away this time. [Source]
Did I mention that Kim Kardashian and Kanye West are having a spawn baby together?
– The PS2 is not more. Japan stops production. [Source]
– Are you in a profession that could lead you to being a psychopath?
Author Kevin Dutton tells us in his new book which professions are most likely and least likely to lead to psychopathy. [Source]
Fan since 1999 and two-time concert attendee.
And because Yow Yow! is such a huge fan of Britney’s we’re also making her the Song of the Day.
Oh stop it…
Unfortunately, I’m a little behind on my news having not blogged consistently for the past couple of weeks, but this is the best I could do!
– Designer Tracy Feith will design for TOMS Shoes. The designer was known for his highly successful collection for Target. [Source]
– Vogue has announced that they will no longer be working with models under the age of 16 or models who look unhealthy. [Source]
– Justin Timberlake is still not returning to music because he’s too busy working on a design line for HomeMint. [Source]
– The Wanted’s latest track, “Chasing the Sun” will be used as the title track for Ice Age 4: Continental Drift. [Source]
– Earlier this week, a first-grader was suspended for singing the line “I’m sexy and I know it” from LMFAO’s latest song. [Source]
– Teen Wolf Season 2. It’s almost here. [Source]
– Will Jeopardy host, Alex Trabek, leave the show? I sure hope not. [Source]
– Britney Spears and Demi Lovato have joined The X Factor. [Source]
– The Jonas Brothers are getting a reality show on E! y’all! [Source]
– Twilight’s Kellan Lutz has just signed on to play Tarzan in the new animated film. [Source]
– And yet another trailer for The Amazing Spider Man.
– Outkast’s Andre 3000 will begin shooting for the Jimi Hendrix biopic next month. [Source]
– The Seattle International Film Festival (SIFF) lineup is up! [Source]
– A new Seattle spot is opening up and it is dedicated to one of my favorite desserts – the Molten Chocolate Cake. Hot Cakes Molten Chocolate Cakery will open up later on this month. [Source]
– Demi Moore has officially changed her Twitter handle. [Source]
– Jessica Simpson finally gave birth to a baby girl named Maxwell Drew Johnson.
– RIP to the Beastie Boys’ Adam “MCA” Youch. He passed away Friday at age 47 after battling cancer for two years.
– Kings of Leon’s Jared Followill has proposed to model Martha Patterson. The two have been dating for only a few months. [Source]
– SNL’s Taran Killam and HIMYM’s Cobie Smulders will marry this September. [Source]
– Bloggers are making their mark on the world! The Man Repeller’s Leandra Medine will be releasing a new book slated for next year. [Source]
– Pinterest puts their foot down when it comes to thinspiration images on their website. [Source]
– Could H&M be on the verge of launching a luxury brand? [Source]
– The lyrics slay me.
– Britney Spears is joining X Factor y’all! [Source]
– Maroon 5’s new album “Overexposed” will be released in June. [Source]
– A new MGMT record will be released this September! [Source]
– Australian music group, Jet, has decided to part ways. [Source]
– Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros will release their second album together by the end of the year. [Source]
– A Hunger Games vacation. [Source]
– JJ Abrams isn’t letting anyone see Star Trek 2 before it comes out! [Source]
– The Weinstein Company has decided to retaliate against the MPAA and will release the new documentary, “Bully,” as unrated. [Source]
– Direct R.J. Cutler (The September Issue) will direct yet another fashion-based film. [Source]
– We said goodbye to one of my favorite series, Skins. [Source]
– Teen Mom 2 star Jenelle is going under the knife. [Source]
– Mike “The Situation” has checked into rehab for prescription pills and alcohol. [Source]
– 30 Rock will do another live episode next month. [Source]
– Lifetime has pulled a controversial episode of Dance Moms featuring the young girls as little showgirls. [Source]
– Jo Rivera from Teen Mom 2 attempts a rap career. [Source]
– Here’s a first look at AnnaSophia Robb as a young Carrie Bradshaw. [Source]
– Camille Grammer is not returning to The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. [Source]
– ABC Family has picked up the network rights to The Hunger Games – will air in 2014. [Source]
– Jimmy Kimmel will host the Emmy’s! [Source]
– Everyday Music has officially moved across the street. [Source]
– Ballard burger spot, The Counter, has closed. [Source]
– A store I recently discovered while in San Francisco, Bevmo, will open up two locations in Washington in Silverdale and Tacoma. Um…I think they really meant Seattle, but that’s not happening. [Source]
– Seattle Restaurant Week begins April 8th! [Source]
– There is a Vintage Wedding Fair going down this weekend. Swoon swoon swoon. [Source]
– Miami Heat show their support for Trayvon Martin. [Source]
– Jason Russell’s naked meltdown was because of a brief reactive psychosis. [Source]
– Tori Spelling is pregnant again. [Source]
– Kim’s flour shower. [Source]
– Megan Fox has spent $60K + on plastic surgery. [Source] Yikes.
– Hilary Duff gave birth to son Luca last week.
– Khloe Kardashian turns her back on PETA after her sister’s incident. [Source]
– VS Angel Adriana Lima is also pregnant. [Source]
– A first look at the Jason Wu for Target campaign! The collection debuts February 5, 2012. Is anyone else as excited as I am?! [Source]
– Vera Wang will hit the ice and show off her skills on April 2nd as an honored guest by Figure Skating in Harlem. [Source]
– Indie singer Lana Del Rey has scored a modeling contract. [Source]
– The Black Keys cover the Rolling Stones’ newest issue. [Source]
– The Killers will release a new album in 2012. I still just love Hot Fuss. [Source]
– The Kardashians are hoping to launch a tabloid – just won’t quit building themselves up. [Source]
– Tim Gunn receives a daytime talk show. [Source]
– Contestants for Celebrity Apprentice have been revealed. Clay Aiken! [Source]
– Twilight will become a Broadway musical for one night on January 16. Proceeds from the event will go directly to charity Blessings in a Backpack. [Source]
– Apparently, the QFC on Broadway skipped three months ahead to Easter even passing on Valentine’s Day. [Source]
– Christine Gregoire will introduce a new bill to legalize gay marriage in Washington state. [Source]
– Michelle Bachman has officially ended her presidential bid. [Source]
– Rumored Britney Spears is shopping for a wedding dress in the direction of Betsey Johnson or Jeremy Scott. It looks like our pop princess is spicing things up by opting out of the traditional gowns that would have been made by Vera Wang. [Source]
– Nick Cannon was hospitalized after suffering from mild kidney failure. [Source]
– Zooey Deschanel has officially filed for divorce from Ben Gibbard…is also a savvy spender according to TMZ. [Source]
– Sinhead O’Connor has called off her divorce after a night of passionate lovemaking with her husband. The divorce was filed after 16 days of marriage. So…Kim Kardashian wins again? [Source]
– Emma Roberts is deferring her college experience at Sarah Lawrence in Bronxville, New York due to her work commitments and budding romance with Glee star, Chord Overstreet. [Source]
– Russell Brand and Katy Perry did not have a prenup. He could end up making $20 million off of her. [Source]
– James Franco has sold his first novel to Amazon Publishing. [Source]