The pop star turns 30 today! In an honor of her special day, here are my top 20 favorite Britney Spears songs (in no order)
Also this video made by MTV for Britney is adorable. Click here to watch it.
– New York takes a jab at Miranda Kerr by calling her interview responses banal. [Source]
– The Victoria’s Secret Angels attempt to sing Jingle Bells. ahhh Lily Aldridge is my favorite!
– H&M x Marni is happening! The collaborative collection will debut March 8th. [Source]
– My style icon Alexa Chung won the British Style Award. [Source]
– “Like Crazy” actress Felicity Jones is the new face of Dolce & Gabbana. [Source]
– Britney Spears is performing a free show in Mexico! WHOA! [Source]
– The Red Hot Chili Peppers are hitting the road again for their new tour. [Source]
– S Club 7 is making a comeback! [Source]
“When her sister disappears, Jill (Seyfried) is convinced the serial killer who kidnapped her two years ago has returned, and she sets out to once again face her abductor.”
– Pretty Little Liars has been renewed for a third season! No surprise there. Looks like we have another year until we find out who A really is. [Source]
– Ricky Martin will be making an appearance on Glee next year. [Source]
– These breakout stars had a fantastic year in 2011. [Source]
– Conrad Murray has been sentenced to four years behind bars for the death of Michael Jackson. [Source]
After a series of indecent exposures, disapproving boyfriends/husbands, scandals, attacking umbrellas and bald heads, you would think that I would have given up on my favorite pop star from my childhood years. You might ask, how can you stand by someone who lives such a “Chaotic” life? I’ve thought about it, you know. There are some musicians that you just give up on and stop listening to altogether, but I figured that if I’ve been Team Britney since I was eight years old that I would probably be Team Britney for life.
So amidst all the criticism regarding her new music video for “Criminal,” I still think that she is fantastic. If you feel uncomfortable with steamy scenes and the image of Britney holding a gun and robbing a store, then maybe this video isn’t for you. I kind of love it though especially because she gets to act alongside her boyfriend in real life, Jason Trawick.
And you can watch it here!
One of the best moments of the VMA’s last night was seeing all of the celebrities react to Lady Gaga’s performance of “You and I.” This is the last VMA post, I swear. I’m already even over it myself, but Flavorwire compiled these reactions together and I thought it was pretty convenient. In the middle of our live text commentaries last night during the show, Ashley told me that she actually liked Gaga last night while I just could not agree with that at all. I can typically enjoy her in small doses, but the theatrics of last night were just too much for me. Her persona was kind of obnoxious. And it was a little bit ironic of her “character” to talk about how Lady Gaga was so into herself when it seemed like the entire show was all about Jo Calderone. Do. Not. Care.
I just wanted to point out that Dave Grohl was not cheering for Jo Calderone, but for Queen’s Brian May.
– This isn’t over yet?!
– Who are these Pre-VMA show hosts? So uncomfortably awkward. Please just bring back Suchin Pak and Tim Kash.
– Foster the People and Young the Giant, please gtfo MTV before the network eats you alive and makes you mainstream. Oh wait…
– Oh Gabe Saporta…I’ve still got a crush on you.
– Lady Gaga in the opening of the VMA’s. The look on Britney Spears, Adele and Justin Bieber’s face…priceless. Were her antics a little too much tonight?
– Congratulations Beyonce and Jay-Z who are expecting! One blog already think this might be a publicity stunt.
– I love Jay-Z.
– Miley, I don’t like your dress.
– Katy Perry – Too soon for that Kanye-Swift joke?
– Chachi Gonzales, I see you dancing in the Britney Spears tribute! How adorable were those little girls dancing in it?
– I loved Beyonce’s performance!
Favorite performances of the night:
– Perez Hilton calls Chris Brown out for his completely lip-synched performance. Whatever – everyone was thinking it! [Source]
– Jay-Z also did not clap for Chris Brown probably because he’s the one that discovered Rihanna. Way to go Jay – bit also, did anyone even understand that performance?
– For some reason, I wasn’t really feeling Jessie J tonight as the house band.
– Katie Holmes presenting video of the year…that’s random.
– The VMA’s didn’t have a host this year, but I think we saw way too much of Lady Gaga or her male counterpart. It almost got to the point of being too obnoxious for me and I think the organization of her presenting the award to Britney Spears was a little weird because her tribute was cut short when they both had to introduce Beyonce. There could have been a commercial break in there because Gaga awkwardly stole Britney’s thunder.
(in Jason Wu)
What a style icon Zoe has become in these last couple of years! It’s amazing to see how far she has come. The first film I ever saw of hers was Center Stage and back then, that was my favorite film at age ten. After Center Stage came Britney Spears’ Crossroads, but then the actress blossomed in Star Trek and Avatar. I haven’t seen either of those movies, but I’m okay with that. I’ll just stick to anticipating every outfit she wears on the red carpet instead.
– Justin Bieber ruining my favorite childhood television show. [Source]
– Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen prepare to launch their new t-shirt collection StyleMint with a video here
– Writer Marianne Power wrote about her experience of going to work for a month without looking in the mirror. The end result? Less anxiety over what she wore, more compliments, and more self-confidence! [Source]
– Marilyn Monroe’s iconic “subway dress” has been auctioned off for a whopping $5.52 million. [Source]
– Glee’s current class will graduate in 2012 and a new batch will roll in! [Source]
– Nicole Richie practicing her moves for Britney’s concert last night. She may be a better dancer than the queen herself…just sayin.
– Jackass star Ryan Dunn was killed in a car accident due to blunt and thermal trauma. [Source]
– Katy Perry’s “Firework” is this generation’s anti-gay anthem. [Source]
– This actor (51) from Green Mile – I swear I’ve never heard of him – married this sixteen year old girl from Washington who was in the running for Miss Teen Washington last year. Barf. [Source]
– I just found out yesterday that my favorite thrift store on the hill – Atlas – is moving to Fremont. Now I have no proof to show my friends how hipster I have become over the past few years.
– InStyle Magazine is trying something new by producing a scratch-and-sniff July issue with five notable scents to remind you of summer. (I thought this was what the perfume ads were for.) [Source]
– Gawker breaks the stereotype by bringing you a photo essay of what gay men really look like. [Source]
In case you need a refresher on the outfits he should’ve burned before even thinking about wearing them, click here.
I’ve decided that Britney Spears to me is kind of like Santa Claus. We’ve reached beyond the age where we no longer believe that Santa exists, but that doesn’t mean that we stop believing in Christmas. I’ve learned to accept that Britney Spears doesn’t actually sing live, but that doesn’t mean that her performance is terrible. Homegirl is workin’ it still at 29!
On another note, the bistro was playing Mariah Carey’s “Honey” today when I walked by. THROWBACK to my first favorite song ever in 1997.