Till the World Ends REMIX featuring Britney Spears, Ke$ha, and Nicki Minaj
This isn’t supposed to come out until Monday, but SURPRISE! here’s a special present just for you! Have a great weekend everyone!
Listen to the track here.
– Matthew Williamson’s collection for Macy’s is now out and it is packed with beautiful party dresses and prints for the spring/summer. View and purchase the collection here.
– J. Crew will open their first International store in the UK at the end of the summer. [Source]
– Last season, Miu Miu’s appliqued dress made on the cover of nearly every magazine. This season, it is Prada’s entire Spring collection that has earned 48 covers. [Source]
– FOX News makes a huge deal over a J.Crew ad in which creative director Jenna Lyons is painting her son’s toenails pink. [Source]
– Incubus will release their new album “If Not Now, When?” on July 12th. [Source]
– Glenn Beck has been using Metric’s music and Emily Haines is weirded out. [Source]
– Taking Back Sunday’s new self-titled album will be released June 28th. [Source]
– My favorite former boy band member Jeff Timmons of 98 Degrees has decided to join the Chippendales dance crew at the Rio in Las Vegas from May 12 thru June 5. [Source] The little girl inside of me is swooning.
– And in case you haven’t heard yet, Nicki Minaj will be touring with Britney Spears this summer. [Source]
– LCD Soundsystem will be releasing their final show on DVD. [Source]
– Nickelodeon has renewed iCarly for a fifth season. [Source]
– ABC is cancelling All My Children and One Life to Live. [Source]
– AJ Cook is planning her return to Criminal Minds full time again. [Source]
– Cannes has announced their film festival line up. [Source]
– Ellen Page, Jesse Eisenberg, Penelope Cruz, and Alec Baldwin have signed on for Woody Allen’s new film set to be shot in Rome this summer. [Source]
– Monte Carlo starring Selena Gomez, Katie Cassidy, and Leighton Meester with an appearance by Cory Monteith. I don’t think anyone actually believes that all of them are supposed to be just graduated seniors.
– Moe bar will be streaming live coverage from Coachella this weekend for free! Still not the same experience, but it’s the thought that counts. [Source]
– This Saturday is Record Store Day! Tons of record stores in Seattle will be having special events including band signings and special band performances. For the full schedule, check out The Stranger here. Also, a new record store called Spin Cycle is opening TODAY on Broadway at 321 Broadway on Capitol Hill.
– Yogurtland’s opening is tentatively planned for this weekend! [Source]
– A man is auctioning off a jelly bean that looks like it has an imprint of Kate Middleton’s face. [Source]
– NBA has fined Kobe Bryant $100,000 for his offensive slur at a ref. [Source]
– Seann William Scott has checked out of rehab. [Source]
– Catherine Zeta-Jones is currently being treated for bi-polar disorder. [Source]
– Scarlett Johansson has moved in with Sean Penn. [Source]
– Emma Roberts is covering the May issue of Seventeen Magazine. [Source]
– Harry Potter actress Bonnie Wright is engaged to Jamie Campbell Bower. [Source]
– A two-year old boy was given sangria instead of orange juice at a Florida Olive Garden. [Source] rookie mistake
– Learn how to be a jetsetter with Refinery 29’s useful infographic. [Source]
– The world’s oldest man, Walter Breuning has passed away at age 114. [Source] Damn.
Hooray. This is the longest In the News…posting I have ever made.
IT’S BRITNEY DAY!!!
June 17 Sacramento, CA Power Balance Pavilion
June 18 San Jose, CA HP Pavilion
June 20 Los Angeles, CA Staples Center
June 24 Anaheim, CA Honda Center
June 25 Las Vegas, NV MGM Grand
June 28 Portland, OR Rose Garden Arena
June 29 Tacoma, WA Tacoma Dome
July 1 Vancouver, BC Rogers Arena
July 4 Winnipeg, MB MTS Centre
July 6 St. Paul, MN Xcel Center
July 8 Chicago, IL United Center
July 12 Dallas, TX American Airlines Center
July 13 Houston, TX Toyota Center
July 15 New Orleans, LA New Orleans Arena
July 17 Atlanta, GA Philips Arena
July 20 Orlando, FL Amway Center
July 22 Miami, FL American Airlines Arena
July 26 Cleveland, OH Quicken Loans Arena
July 28 Detroit, MI Palace of Auburn Hills
July 30 Philadelphia, PA Wells Fargo Center
July 31 Washington, DC Verizon Center
August 2 Uniondale, NJ Nassau Coliseum
August 5 East Rutherford, NJ Izod Center
August 8 Boston, MA TD Garden
August 11 Montreal, QC Bell Centre
August 13 Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre
If it’s not officially, it should be. Britney Spears has officially released her new album Femme Fatale and …it’s actually pretty good! I can’t deny it. I went into previewing the album with a somewhat open mind, but only because I didn’t want to get my hopes up. Femme Fatale is a pop album and nothing more. I do, however, appreciate the electronic beats (is that a little dub step I hear?) every now and then. The lyrics are the epitome of any pop song sung by Britney Spears. They typically involve guys, lust, seduction, etc. which is no surprise to us, but it is so damn catchy that you kind of fall in love with it. I don’t feel all that embarrassed singing along to it the way I do when I sing Katy Perry’s “Firework” out loud.
Tomorrow morning, we will see a slough of “live” performances by Britney Spears on Good Morning America and Jimmy Kimmel. It’s been a tough journey for Britney, but it’s nice to see that things are starting to turn around for her. Summer tour, here we come!
I predict that I will be listening to this CD on repeat for at least a week. There are definitely way more songs that I love more than I hate from this album.
– Designer John Galliano was immediately fired today from his position as creative director at Dior for his anti-semitic slurs caught on video. He is now going to rehab. [Source]
– Travis Barker will appear on the new Britney Spears album. [Source]
– New Kids On The Block singer Jordan Knight has a record label called Jk Music. [Source]
– Listen to my favorite new album by Lykke Li here!
– Britney Spears is headed for tour! [Source]
– Christina Alco-lera was arrested early yesterday morning. Like we didn’t see this coming… [Source]
–13 Going on 30 director Gary Winick has passed away. [Source]
– Nominees who didn’t take home an award this past Sunday at the Oscars will walk away with $23,000 worth of goods. [Source]
– Ashlee Simpson and Pete Wentz have just officially filed for divorce. [Source]
– The Strokes will release their new single “Under Cover Of Darkness” available for free downloading today. [Source]
– Rihanna will perform at the NBA All-Star halftime show. [Source]
– The CW is fronting a new pilot called “Secret Circle” produced by co-creator of Vampire Diaries Kevin Williamson. [Source]
– The following acts have been confirmed to headline Lollapalooza this year: Foo Fighters, Eminem, and Muse. [Source]
– Diet Pepsi plans to release a skinnier can to celebrate beautiful and confident women in March. [Source] Um okay… it’s more like their way of just giving you less?
– Sienna Miller and Jude Law have split again. [Source]
– Olivia Wilde and her husband of eight years filmmaker Tao Ruspoli have separated. [Source]
– Lady Gaga’s Born This Way single artwork [Source]
– Britney’s 7th album “Femme Fatale” will be released on March 29th. [Source]
– The Glee kids will hit the road for tour once again! Click here for dates/tickets etc. [Source]
– Gymnast Shawn Johnson will return to the U.S. National Team. [Source]
– Augustana will release their self-titled third album on April 26th, 2011. [Source]
– Tony Hawk has filed for divorce from his third wife. [Source]
– HBIC Florence Welch of Florence + the Machine WILL perform at the Oscars. Couldn’t get any better! [Source]
– Natalie Portman on the new cover of InStyle. [Source]
-The HBIC Britney Spears will be performing at the Grammy awards this year with a medley of hits and her new single “Hold it Against Me.” [Source]
– Already seven months along, Rachel Zoe will be having a boy! [Source]
– Jewel, Kate Hudson, and Tia Mowry are also pregnant. And I don’t care to source these so I’m going to let you Google if you must.
– American Apparel is back to their racy ads yet again… [Source and totally NSFW]
– Michael Douglas has beaten cancer. [Source]-
– Zooey Deschanel will grace the cover of Lucky’s April issue.
– Kylie Minogue has released her North American tour dates. Check to see if she’ll be making a stop near you here.
– Owen Wilson is becoming a father. [Source]
– James Franco has hinted that he might put on quite a performance for the Oscars. [Source]
– Britney Spears will drop her seventh album on March 15th, 2011. [Source]
– Both Pretty Little Liars and The Secret Life of An American Teenager have been renewed for a second and fourth season respectively. [Source]
– Marion Cotillard has got a bun in the oven! [Source]
– Michelle Williams is launching a yoga center for single moms. [Source]
– Now you can make English Peas just like Paula Deen! This is just like the time when Rachel Ray taught us how to make bacon in the microwave. [Source]
Comments always welcome!
To read the rest of the thread, click here.
In local news…
– Three students from Tacoma High School attempted to flush firecrackers down a urinal causing the entire school to evacuate. To be young and curious again… [Source]
I don’t want to give any spoilers away, but I just have to say – coming from a girl that has seen Britney Spears perform live twice now – seeing her on Glee made me feel like I was nine years old again.
I’m glad that she decided to appear in the show in the end.
I actually think that was one of my favorite episodes that I’ve seen from the show.
Yay Neil Patrick Harris!!
– Hillary Duff and Mike Comrie just got married tonight in Santa Barbara. Hillary wore Vera Wang [of course.] Scans and pictures will be released Thursday by OK! Magazine, but we all hope it’s a little bit sooner. Question – why do people go to OK! Magazine – there are other magazines out there…better ones too…
– The Glee cast is pushing for a Michael Jackson episode. Haven’t they have enough? Madonna episode – Britney episode. I wish they would just go back to having non-themed episodes. [Source]
– Cheryl Cole will be keeping her last name as Cole and not going back to Tweedy. [Source]
– Joe Jonas has filed a lawsuit against Canadian entertainment blogger Zach Taylor for a posting that claimed Joe Jonas and Demi Lovato were “friends with benefits” [Source]
– Meet the Toronto version of Jersey Shore. Lake Shore. [Source] Because everyone wants to be the next Snooki and The Situation.
Drew Barrymore recently walked the red carpet for the Nylon Magazine/Express party this week in a vintage dress that cost her only $25. Don’t worry her Yves Saint Laurent “Tribute” pumps are $760. [Source]
Social media has clearly been the re-occurring theme for this past year and this year. Formspring came to the forefront at the very beginning of 2010 and instead of fading away like the failed fad that it is…it is still here. I do not have a Formspring because I do not want to feel like I am in a personal interview 24/7. There comes a point when you should ask yourself, “How much information do I want to put out there into the unknown technological world?”
This is a question that I have been constantly asking myself this year and am always reminded of it. The internet is so terrifying because you can put whatever you want online and not understand the consequences for it until something happens to you. We don’t feel anything when we put stuff online. We do it without care or without thinking. I wish there was someway that I could create a simulation for this that would be powerful enough to prove my point. I actually have an idea in mind, but I’m not exactly sure how I would go about it.
Anyways, Formspring has been popping up on my Facebook a lot recently because I am friends with a girl from high who is overly involved with the Formspring website. I’m not sure if there is an option on Formspring that allows your question/answers to appear on Facebook, but she has made that possible. Did you know that when you write a status it shows up on all of your friends’ newsfeed? Even if you direct it to one person, everyone can see it. Oh! fact of the day.
I decided to check out her Formspring page where I was overwhelmed with the number of “hate comments” and questions asking said girl “Why she decided to become so public?” My question as well. Her response was that she basically had nothing to hide and she wanted to be honest.
Remember when Britney Spears decided to be honest at the age of 16 and proclaimed that she was still a virgin? It worked out really well for her especially when it came out that she had lied.
If you want to be honest, be honest with yourself. Write it in a journal. No one wants to know this much about your life and your life is your own. Protect it.
Everyone knows that Lady Gaga almost gave “Telephone” away to Britney Spears. For some reason it didn’t work out and Gaga took it back and made it the hit that it is today.
Apparently this is just a demo…but you get the jist. I wish Britney would at least try to sing. What a let down.
This is a pretty big scandal right now because HOBviously the demo isn’t very good and Queen Spears is not very happy about this getting leaked. Well when the good has been out for some time and then bad is released…generally you’re not gonna get a good response.
The producers of Glee have granted the wish for Britney Spears fans all over the world. No word yet on if a whole episode will be dedicated to the living legend, but as of right now they want fans to choose which song will be featured. They first held the poll for which artist’s music would be in a future episode and of course Queen Spears won. To vote click here
Baby, One More Time
My vote is for 3 please!